• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

He only signed a 5 year £110k deal 12 months ago.

This seems more an emotional pledge than improving either of those (other than the additional year)

Depends how much more he is getting? If he has managed to get another 30/40k out the club then happy days for him for a while.

Prob a match on the wages he could have got at spurs as well.

Not many would take a pay cut...
Yeah I think he was on big bucks already, I’m just thinking from his perspective the power to move is further away from him with a longer term contract. Unless he genuinely wants to stay at Palace for three more years and wants to maximise the value they could get for him say a silly offer comes in which case I’d say he’s a rare footballer!

I think he would have improved our squad. Just not sure he would have improved it to the tune of 70million.

I think he would have improved our squad. Just not sure he would have improved it to the tune of 70million.
Agreed. Had we swapped Son or Moura for Zaha Palace would have had a new standout star player and we would perhaps be marginally stronger. Moura was £25m, I just don't think the value was there for Zaha.

I suppose the argument there would be once you get to our level it's all about marginal gains - a lot easier for one player to have a huge effect on your team if you're lower down the table and in a worse state as a team than if you're at the top and are strong all over the pitch.

I suppose the argument there would be once you get to our level it's all about marginal gains - a lot easier for one player to have a huge effect on your team if you're lower down the table and in a worse state as a team than if you're at the top and are strong all over the pitch.
True, and that's probably the main reason for the lack of transfer activity.

Unless you're in a position where money is practically free improvements need to make at least some financial sense. It's not like Levy or Lewis are taking the money we didn't spend out of the club, so whatever we could have spent this summer surely can be spent at a later time. When perhaps a larger (though still marginal) gain can be made.

True but if the immediate impact players weren't available, we should have invested in a longer term goal e.g. some young talent but loan them back with their current club to develop until they are ready for us

zaha still carrying crystal palace, devastating on the wing

i say we bid for him mid season when its clear crystal palace is not going anywhere

True but if the immediate impact players weren't available, we should have invested in a longer term goal e.g. some young talent but loan them back with their current club to develop until they are ready for us
Doesn't seem like a significant part of our current approach with young players. I prefer our current approach with young players, and keeping our money for when the right player for the right price becomes available.

Back