• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

But why would he? He owns the club so effectively owes the money to himself. Calling it in and leaving the club to find the money would damage the value of the club so repayment of the loan money would be at the expense of lost value of his asset. If he sells the club, the loan will be dealt with as part of the price.

What he could do is gradually get the club to repay him the way the Glazers have exploited United, but I don't think Chelsea is financially strong enough to do this without seriously impairing the football side and ultimately the club value. The Glazers really were brilliant in the way they saw an opportunity with the one club strong enough for it to work (look what happened at Liverpool). It was the perfect crime as it wasn't against the law.

...and inadvertently they balanced out the PL a little. If it wasn't for the Glazers United would have had the money to buy every elite player going. They could have outspent Madrid and Barca.

Last edited:
...and inadvertently they balanced out the PL a little. If it wasn't for the Glazers United would have had the money to buy every elite player going. They could have outspent Madrid and Barca.

Absolutely. It sets up the moral dilemma of opposing a criminal aspect of the capitalist system and supporting something that inadvertently makes the competition fairer.

In answer to the original question, not much. I suppose they did manage a draw with ten men for a majority of the game but there's not enough quality in that team for top six.

People who were ragging on the Richarlison signing, lol! Would have been an awesome squad option for us. Versatile player, bags of potential.

People who were ragging on the Richarlison signing, lol! Would have been an awesome squad option for us. Versatile player, bags of potential.
maybe but lets see if he can do it for more than half a season before we get carried away, started similarly last season then was turd the second half. It may be the manager and he is a great player but it was fair to rag on the fee.

Richarlson has done some lovely stuff, he looks like a talent, but he's not done anything we haven't seen from Son, who was less than half the price.

Richarlson has done some lovely stuff, he looks like a talent, but he's not done anything we haven't seen from Son, who was less than half the price.

If he keeps it up for a season then he will be a great signing
Last season he started well then faded hugely
There is clearly some talent and you would hope for his sake playing under a manger he knows well will help him

I think all that spending over the last few years mean that their average squad filler or back up players are now of a higher quality then in previous years.

I think this is clearly their strongest squad in decades and with no European football I think they will be close to top 4 this season. I used to respect Everton but because of the way they have gone about it I now just see them and Wolves as a poor mans Emirates Marketing Project. It makes me realise how much I love our club because we have grown organically.

Can not respect any club that takes a short cut towards the top, maybe it is due to my personality and the fact that I worked hard long hours all my working life. I can not respect the cheat mode football. Surely it is better to slowly and stably improve over years to get to the top.

Read this week that Charlton are looking to get new owners in who are going to spend to get them back to the premiership. Now I clearly do not have the money to buy a football club and unless my crypto suddenly spikes I wont. But if I could own a football club I would make it a rule to not spend more then the club could bring in, I would stand by a manager for years to build a team and I would not dish out massive wages but structure it more towards bonuses for performances.

With all the money in football you would think more people would take a longer term view. I know not many on here like cycling but one of the great things about that sport is that team directors(managers) will take a 2 year view with a cyclist to get them towards fulfilling objectives.

Would not change for me should we get a new owner who wanted to spend money, I would still go as I have been all my life but I would not respect us as a club. Maybe it is all in the mentality of different people but I admire years of hard work and struggle, the is something honourable in it.

I think all that spending over the last few years mean that their average squad filler or back up players are now of a higher quality then in previous years.

I think this is clearly their strongest squad in decades and with no European football I think they will be close to top 4 this season. I used to respect Everton but because of the way they have gone about it I now just see them and Wolves as a poor mans Emirates Marketing Project. It makes me realise how much I love our club because we have grown organically.

Can not respect any club that takes a short cut towards the top, maybe it is due to my personality and the fact that I worked hard long hours all my working life. I can not respect the cheat mode football. Surely it is better to slowly and stably improve over years to get to the top.

Read this week that Charlton are looking to get new owners in who are going to spend to get them back to the premiership. Now I clearly do not have the money to buy a football club and unless my crypto suddenly spikes I wont. But if I could own a football club I would make it a rule to not spend more then the club could bring in, I would stand by a manager for years to build a team and I would not dish out massive wages but structure it more towards bonuses for performances.

With all the money in football you would think more people would take a longer term view. I know not many on here like cycling but one of the great things about that sport is that team directors(managers) will take a 2 year view with a cyclist to get them towards fulfilling objectives.

Would not change for me should we get a new owner who wanted to spend money, I would still go as I have been all my life but I would not respect us as a club. Maybe it is all in the meteorology of different people but I admire years of hard work and struggle, the is something honourable in it.

I 101% agree with this and the key point you made.

Nobody likes cycling.

Back