• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

That was my take, didnt stand out much for me in a brick West Ham team - but there are a few on here convinced he is a quality player.

Have to admit I watch West Ham as little as possible, so Im not really qualified to judge.

Plus I like the I like the idea it will tinkle them off!
I thought he actually settled in to PL football quite quickly, especially as he joined mid season and was thrown straight in.

GREALISH DISAPPOINTED AT VILLA STANCE

Jack Grealish is very disappointed and disillusioned that Aston Villaare refusing to sell him to Spurs, according to Sky sources.

We understand the midfield player was promised he could leave before Villa’s new owners arrived at the club last month.

Grealish has not given up on moving to Spurs and he is still hoping that Villa will let him move.

How many of today's players do you think knows anything about football beyond the past 10-15 years? All they know is Chelsea spend lots of money and win the occasional trophy.

I'm not even talking about history and trophies, although so much more goes into determining a clubs size than silverware.

If a player has a choice to make, its whoever is more attractive and we have a much bigger and much better stadium and ditto with the training complex.

More importantly we have CL and chelsea have EL.

Could all be different next summer and if we don't buck our ideas up it most likely will be, but right now we are the best and most attractive club in London.

----------------------------------------------

The boateng thing is simply sky Germany hearing one thing and sky England hearing another - it's not how some have interpreted of him rejecting for football reasons and joining manure for money - two conflicting sources that's all.

And joao mario is crap.

Cheers

tenor.gif

no-time-to-keep-calm-only-24-hours-left.png

When was the last time we didn’t sign anyone utterly useless on deadline day?

VDV?

I went back to check. Certainly there’s not been much in the last few years...but a few major hits from 2010 - 2013. Perhaps relative to our expectations and position in the league?

Jan 2018
Lucas Moura

Llorente
Aurier

Sissoko
N’Koudou

No one (closest was Son on the 28th of August)

Jan 2015
Dele?

No one (Fazio 27th of August)

Chiriches
Eriksen
Lamela

Lloris
Dempsey

Scott Parker

Van der Vaart

I went back to check. Certainly there’s not been much in the last few years...but a few major hits from 2010 - 2013. Perhaps relative to our expectations and position in the league?

Jan 2018
Lucas Moura

Llorente
Aurier

Sissoko
N’Koudou

Jan 2015
Dele?

Chiriches
Eriksen
Lamela

Lloris
Dempsey

Scott Parker

Van der Vaart

That’s a very hit and miss list.

I didn’t realise Christian was a deadline day jobby

Jan 2018
Lucas Moura

Llorente
Aurier

Sissoko
N’Koudou

Jan 2015
Dele?

Chiriches
Eriksen
Lamela

Lloris
Dempsey

Scott Parker

Van der Vaart

Ta for that good work. Very informative.

This is all very curious. And possibly a bit crap. I enjoy Levy time, but I did feeel this year was not the year to take it to the wire. We definitely need rid of a couple but surely a decent striker and midfielder is not beyond us. Yes, we have the ground to pay for and the first team is good, but I can't quite believe there's no-one, I mean no-one, we can cut a deal for? If not for pure talent alone, freshening up the squad is surely important, and if we have trouble with HG, then that needs addressing. I know Poch knows this...but no-one?

Back