• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Mate, sorry, you're on really fvcking dodgy ground there! I'm not religous either and the concept of a GHod really doesn't correlate with the scientific evidence as far as I'm concerned. BUT.... none of the religous people I know could be considered "stupid". They tend to be on the upper reaches of the intelligence quotient and treat the rest of humanity with a bit of respect. Something maybe we could all learn from?

Nope.

If you believe in fairy tales I don't care how many languages you talk or how many degrees you have. Your stupid, now I am very liberal in many ways. So I truly defend people's right to be stupid, but those religious people are like the star trek fans. Idiots who waste their life on made up crap.

So religious people can believe in what they like but being part of a modern intelligent country means people have the right to belittle others extreme views. Otherwise we end up like trumps America.

Mate, sorry, you're on really fvcking dodgy ground there! I'm not religous either and the concept of a GHod really doesn't correlate with the scientific evidence as far as I'm concerned. BUT.... none of the religous people I know could be considered "stupid". They tend to be on the upper reaches of the intelligence quotient and treat the rest of humanity with a bit of respect. Something maybe we could all learn from?
Yet not a single one of them can apply basic logic available to 5 year olds.

From The Times today:

35izmhg.png

I'd take a reasonably good offer for naming stadium. Get an adjacent road renamed Lewis street, in thanks for Joe's involvement. Name the south stand "the Levy stand". Then try bring AEG back in to run 10 or so of London's best concerts a year. Levy and Joe would have to probably offer shares and make them proper partners. But hey it takes the pressure off Daniel and everyone makes money. Unfortunately as much as we love Tottenham, our brand might not be as strong as some think.
Also lets hope Joe turns up for the opening.

Israelites Yids..what is all this.I don't get it never have never will.
I support Tottenham Hotspur football club not a group of outside people attaching racial or religious connotations
to the club and waving
Israel flags..sorry,but,
It's time to scrap the Yid thing IMOpinion. What other fans do have
to be calling themselves yiddo just because that is what people like you keep peddling and others keep peddling?
Is it no wonder you don't see any kids anywhere up and down Britain in a Spurs shirt anymore.
The Yid thing is far too big for one reply but I have been pleasantly surprised at the volume of kids wearing Spurs shirts I’ve seen recently , here in Greenwich and also in MK and various theme parks in the South over the last year or two. Where a kid is able to choose their own team I think Kane as England capt, striker, penalty taker clean cut etc and then Alli as his mischievous side kick are having an influence. Perhaps the strength of our fan base is due to be fact we don’t win things so it’s not a case of jumping on and off the bandwagon.

I'd take a reasonably good offer for naming stadium. Get an adjacent road renamed Lewis street, in thanks for Joe's involvement. Name the south stand "the Levy stand". Then try bring AEG back in to run 10 or so of London's best concerts a year. Levy and Joe would have to probably offer shares and make them proper partners. But hey it takes the pressure off Daniel and everyone makes money. Unfortunately as much as we love Tottenham, our brand might not be as strong as some think.
Also lets hope Joe turns up for the opening.
Am I missing something (could very well be the case), but what has Joe Lewis done?

The Yid thing is far too big for one reply but I have been pleasantly surprised at the volume of kids wearing Spurs shirts I’ve seen recently , here in Greenwich and also in MK and various theme parks in the South over the last year or two. Where a kid is able to choose their own team I think Kane as England capt, striker, penalty taker clean cut etc and then Alli as his mischievous side kick are having an influence. Perhaps the strength of our fan base is due to be fact we don’t win things so it’s not a case of jumping on and off the bandwagon.
I wouldn't underestimate the impact youtube, etc is having on team choice. Alli streaming himself playing fortnite is like flypaper for new fans.

I see Spurs shirts all over Essex when I’m there. Also, I’m currently on holiday in the middle of nowhere in Romania and I saw someone walking down the street in a Spurs t-shirt, it’s the only football related shirt I’d seen, felt quite proud. It’s really quite sad isn’t it!!?

From The Times today:

35izmhg.png

The total sum of the deal with appeal to the US market is worth more in the long run than a brand that does not fit paying more. I can't be bothered to go into it but I work in marketing and was in Sports marketing and it fits. Its why Levy wants a brand that is selling to Consumer not Companies because it captures the audience which is key when the NFL is playing and then the long term pay off is conversion to Spurs as fans in the market.

This all hangs together now. Last time I was in the US I was amazed by the number of HSBC t-shirts, on preppy types and street kids alike. Every time I got my First Direct card out the cashiers would get excited about this cool British HSBC spin-off and demand selfies with it.

Real shame Levy couldn't pull the deal off.

Am I missing something (could very well be the case), but what has Joe Lewis done?

Appoint Levy chairman and stick with him for 17 years and counting. Apart from that there have been a few cash injections, enough to buy the occasional Sissoko, but dwarfed by the growth in his asset.

There are plenty of owners who interfere more. For the few that benefit the club (Abramovich, Mansour), there are many who have a negative effect ranging from benign incompetence (Lerner) or indifference (Kroncke, Henry), to asset stripping (Glazers, Hicks & Gillett) to crippling incompetence (too many to mention). Doing nothing at leave the club in competent hands is quite a big plus in football.

Nope don't believe in fairy tales my mother was Catholic and she had me confirmed and sent me to Catholic school but I don't believe in GHod, I might not be intelligent but I am not stupid as you have to be to be religious.

You said you never see spurs shirts on kids round the country. Well you see them where I am just outside Brighton and I have seen them in Devon.

Guessing in the north it is likely to be more man u and Liverpool. But you do see children in spurs shirts.

Err you don,t actually...you see a few on old folk like me who now and then wear the shirt and proud to be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur football Club! Were doing very well as a football club recently. Seriously we should be seeing more kids
In Spurs shirts. I have had my say on this before and frankly it's up to those fans in the future to take the club where they want it to go in its culture if you like. I am getting too old now to worry about all this nonsense but there could be serious implications keeping this yid chanting going...ridiculously I have chanted it myself to wind up opposing fans I suppose, but it is wrong by perpetuating rascist ironically about Jewish people.
In reality it's myth to say Spurs are A Jewish club as well (I,m not going back through the whole History of the cub again now )although there is a large community in Stamford Hill ..mostly authodox and yes Spurs had many Jewish fans like every other London club but It never crossed my mind until 66/67 when Chelsea fans started chatting it at us and Arsenal fans had a terrible song about yids to the tune of some University song but I wasn't.t sure if it was aimed at us or the Jewish community that lived in Highbury.
I'm not particularly enamoured by being thought of as belonging to a particular cult or religion just because I support Tottenham, wether it be Christian,
Muslim or Jewish and there lies the problem. Generally I am sympathetic to Israel and you can see they are being ganged up against by Other Arab states and for life of me I don't understand fans waving Israely flags that may have an effect on our fan base but more important the obvious politically.
I know this will not change the Yiddo thing for awhile,it may go on forever..there,s no such thing as forever is there?Lol.
Anyway..enough of this!

Our Stadium is looking the bee,s knees.

Getting away from the above and back on topic, will we generate the same atmosphere as we could at the old ground???

Come on you Spurs..................

Back