• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best film of the 80s - Ghostbusters v The Shining

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Shining, what a great book and what a great movie. As a Stephen King fan there were parts of the book I missed in the film, but you can't have it all. Love Ghostbusters too, but this is an easy one for me.

The Shining goes through to the last 16.

I'm upset to see a fudging brilliant family film go out but I think we'll see a lot of great films fall at the first with such a strong field.

Finally finished watching The Shining. Great film but way too long and drawn out.

That could be partly due to the era. You watch older movies and they are often much more slowly paced. We have been conditioned (force fed) by the movie industry to expect constant action.

That could be partly due to the era. You watch older movies and they are often much more slowly paced. We have been conditioned (force fed) by the movie industry to expect constant action.
I've always enjoyed it but found it hard to get through. Same with Brazil.

That is a good point, you do not get as many movies that build up the suspense as much anymore, its all wam bang thank you mum nowadays.

Back