• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I've just watched the "fight" it was a disgrace, how either man can get their purse is beyond me. The commentator was just as bad, instead of trying to "big it up" he should have given a professional opinion not the hype the broadcasters wants to hear. The crowd were one step from the trash who watch animals fight, so stupid they'll pay to watch that type of freak show again.

I expect Fury to get properly ironed out if he ever steps in the ring with Joshua. It could even happen before then.

He's obviously got some skill & talent, but I'm still amazed at how hyped he is essentially off the back of one (awkwardness-based) performance against a clearly off-colour Klitschko.

Last edited:
I've just watched the "fight" it was a disgrace, how either man can get their purse is beyond me. The commentator was just as bad, instead of trying to "big it up" he should have given a professional opinion not the hype the broadcasters wants to hear. The crowd were one step from the trash who watch animals fight, so stupid they'll pay to watch that type of freak show again.

To be fair though I have seen early AJ cards where the opponent was just as unworthy of being in the ring and was torn apart. The difference being that Fury played the clown in this fight where as AJ did it with a straight face.

Fury has come back from a long time out and needed a fight to warm back into, thats all this was, anyone that thinks otherwise was really expecting too much.

To be fair though I have seen early AJ cards where the opponent was just as unworthy of being in the ring and was torn apart. The difference being that Fury played the clown in this fight where as AJ did it with a straight face.

Fury has come back from a long time out and needed a fight to warm back into, thats all this was, anyone that thinks otherwise was really expecting too much.

I'm fully aware of of his need of ring time, I use to go to boxing in the 60/70's and saw plenty of un even bouts, but its got so americanized and over hyped now, mugs will watch anything when the promoter and the media spoon feed them the line its a "big event" rather than its just a public sparing session with the paloka going down in 3 or less.

I'm fully aware of of his need of ring time, I use to go to boxing in the 60/70's and saw plenty of un even bouts, but its got so americanized and over hyped now, mugs will watch anything when the promoter and the media spoon feed them the line its a "big event" rather than its just a public sparing session with the paloka going down in 3 or less.

Blame Hearn for that, he is the king of telling people something is great when its not. That or he puts his best fighters up for a hiding to nothing like sending them to japan to fight in the afternoon and lose their belt

Don't disagree but it was always going to happen. They weren't going to pass up the earning opportunity for his 'big' comeback. I was actually quite heartened to hear that he expects to drop down to support status for his next outing though. Makes it all seem slightly less 'cynical'.

Don't disagree but it was always going to happen. They weren't going to pass up the earning opportunity for his 'big' comeback. I was actually quite heartened to hear that he expects to drop down to support status for his next outing though. Makes it all seem slightly less 'cynical'.

I am a cynic but then also realist, and if people were willing to support his comeback like they did then they were well within their rights to put the night together.

On Another note anyone see Nick Blackwell at the weigh in? After his first scare he looked well, he looks in a sad state after sparing and having another relapse. Crazy that someone allowed him to spar again

Blame Hearn for that, he is the king of telling people something is great when its not. That or he puts his best fighters up for a hiding to nothing like sending them to japan to fight in the afternoon and lose their belt
Never trust a man who wears a suit that badly.

Haye retired.

No surprise there, even though he seemed to hint at carrying on immediately post-Bellew 2. No doubt this is the right decision though.

Wilder has "agreed" to a fight over here then, surely their first fight (no doubt a rematch will take place) was never going to be held in the states.

Wilder has "agreed" to a fight over here then, surely their first fight (no doubt a rematch will take place) was never going to be held in the states.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Personally I can see this being kicked into the long grass (at least temporarily), with Joshua facing Povetkin next. Hoping to be proved wrong though.

How do people think Whyte/Parker will go at the weekend?

Personally although I like Parker, I see Whyte being just too stubborn and tough for him. Unless Parker pulls out a boxing masterclass and arguably the performance of his life, I think he's made a strange move going in with Whyte at this stage. Hope I'm wrong and Joe rises to the occasion, but I'm going for Whyte points or even late stoppage if it gets rough.

Back