• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Blimey, I assume we will be getting a wiggle on in the next couple of weeks then....

Yep, and with TA, Dembele and maybe Rose leaving, a replacement for each of those which leaves coming in, some of the deadwood (FL, VJ, GKN, MS) leaving and ideally one or two to replace the deadwood arriving, we’re going to need to running at a rough rate of 1 deal being done every other day from now til the end of the window.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yep, and with TA, Dembele and maybe Rose leaving, a replacement for each of those which leaves coming in, some of the deadwood (FL, VJ, GKN, MS) leaving and ideally one or two to replace the deadwood arriving, we’re going to need to running at a rough rate of 1 deal being done every other day from now til the end of the window.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Or about ten deals on deadline day:D

So we have 19 days till the window closes.

I’ve lost hope in us getting anyone in that will make a difference now.

Hope I’m proved wrong

Hope I’m proved wrong
I’m in a similar boat - As Kane, Alli, Eriksen and to a lesser extent Son have all but sealed the attackig options its been a while since I genuinely got excited about a transfer that I thought would improve the first X1. With Moura now on board and Lamela with a new contract my hope for the power and pace option for all attacking positions looks as far away as ever, so can only think a ball playing centre mid would do it for me (after we’ve raffled off Sissoko, Llorente, GNK). I’d still be really please if Toby signed a deal too.

Hope I’m proved wrong

Priority, in my mind, is to make sure we get decent like for like replacements for TA and Dembele in terms of quality - obviously anyone who 'will make a difference' as you put it would be great, but that feels like upside to me based on where we are with 19 days to go. My concern is that TA and MD leave and we dont get the right quality in in their place

Priority, in my mind, is to make sure we get decent like for like replacements for TA and Dembele in terms of quality - obviously anyone who 'will make a difference' as you put it would be great, but that feels like upside to me based on where we are with 19 days to go. My concern is that TA and MD leave and we dont get the right quality in in their place

Think long term quality signings would be De Ligt and N'Dombele. Though if we are thinking we need to up the British quota then I would suggest Maguire and Cook(Bournemouth) though they might not be quite as good as the first two.

Hope I’m proved wrong

I'm still pretty confident the Alder-Martial-De Ligt thing is going to happen.

I think we'd've made plan b signings by now if that wasn't still in the pipeline

Ben, we don't need to Up the Brits
We need to bin off the cack, clagging up our gears

Personally I care more about Tottenham then I do even my own family.

But I keep reading on here about home grown players and how we are going to have problems with to many foreign ones.

I do have a slight favour for home grown players be they english or where ever. But I am only thinking about Tottenham.

I'm still pretty confident the Alder-Martial-De Ligt thing is going to happen.

I think we'd've made plan b signings by now if that wasn't still in the pipeline

This doesn't look likely, Ajax have readjusted the value of de ligt to at least 68m and rightly so as he is category 2.

Reports suggest Man Utd are totally determined not to sell martial to a PL club and would want around 80m anyway.

Levy meanwhile wants 75m for Alderweireld, which no one will seemingly pay due to the contract situation.

It's a stand off and neither party is overly eager to do these deals, so it will likely stay deadlocked.

Unless we are prepared to pay mega money for a category 2 or 3 player, then there is a good chance that we will not sign anyone that will significantly improve us in this window.

At the moment most likely would appear to be category 1 player Grealish and two players who do not fall into any of the three categories - Gomes and Zaha - and therefore by definition, are unlikely to substantially improve our chances of winning the league and CL.

With all this in mind we now need to keep Alderweireld and Dembele or risk regressing.

This doesn't look likely, Ajax have readjusted the value of de ligt to at least 68m and rightly so as he is category 2.

Reports suggest Man Utd are totally determined not to sell martial to a PL club and would want around 80m anyway.

Levy meanwhile wants 75m for Alderweireld, which no one will seemingly pay due to the contract situation.

It's a stand off and neither party is overly eager to do these deals, so it will likely stay deadlocked.

Unless we are prepared to pay mega money for a category 2 or 3 player, then there is a good chance that we will not sign anyone that will significantly improve us in this window.

At the moment most likely would appear to be category 1 player Grealish and two players who do not fall into any of the three categories - Gomes and Zaha - and therefore by definition, are unlikely to substantially improve our chances of winning the league and CL.

With all this in mind we now need to keep Alderweireld and Dembele or risk regressing.

The Dembele and Toby bit is hard to call from where we sit.
I tend to agree with rest though!

I am though starting to get a little jittery regarding the lack of an Eriksen contract extension.

Starting to think that at this late stage now, we’re best to keep what we’ve got and focus on the simple benefits of a settled choice of 1st team quality players. (ie Rose, Dembele, Toby)

We have two massive problems looming;
- No pre-season and World Cup fatigue for pretty much the entire starting XI
- no home games for a month and then adapting to a new stadium (again)

Mid to longer term, it would be good if we could do something to address the recent issue which has just suddenly came to light... (and which are two sides of the same coin)

- Too much ‘foreign’ squad filler which needs moving on (Sissoko, GKN, Llorente, Jansen)
- lack of home grown players to register (as places blocked by chaff above)

We’ve clearly ballsed up this transfer window, so may take a hit on Toby and Dembélé next year, but that’s the cost we may need to bear to stay competitive this season.

Would be good if we could just pull in one top class ‘match winner’ to give it a freshen up though!

Back