• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

I think VAR has been poor in this World Cup. The human factor is where improvement is required. The technology has no problems.

I think VAR has been mostly effective in this World Cup. There were problems earlier like the penalties not given for Serbia V Switzerland and Kane V Tunisia fouls. But the VAR seemed to have improved as the World Cup progressed. Example of the best decisions made by VAR are the injury time goal given after being disallowed by the ref for South Korea V Germany and the penalty decision rightly overturned for Colombia V Senegal. One thing I noticed in recent matches is that VAR seems to be covering all the controversial incidents like bad tackles and elbows instead of just the goal mouth actions. They need to be strict on this or the players will ask for VAR review for every incidents which will slow the match even further.

1 minute more playing time per game
95% correct without
99% correct with
End of

Never a case of END of

The old manipulated stats

What about the clear fouls and Red cards that could have been game changing he did not pick up? What were those stats?

Tonight is a case in example, Last min pen, Casper 2/3 yeards off line before ball is kicked, by letter of law thats a retake and it is game changing? Thats what VAR is there for, we have the tech why is it not being used?

It was an acceptable bending, not breaking, of a rule

The VAR this weekend was great, as usual

Never a case of END of

The old manipulated stats

What about the clear fouls and Red cards that could have been game changing he did not pick up? What were those stats?

Tonight is a case in example, Last min pen, Casper 2/3 yeards off line before ball is kicked, by letter of law thats a retake and it is game changing? Thats what VAR is there for, we have the tech why is it not being used?

I was looking at the scope for VAR use in this tournament and I was not certain whether they could do anything about encroachment. It would be hard to argue that the referee did not have a good view of it.

I was looking at the scope for VAR use in this tournament and I was not certain whether they could do anything about encroachment. It would be hard to argue that the referee did not have a good view of it.

The VAR team can advise the Ref to review if they think he has made a mistake he can then go to the Screen, this would be the case tonight as it would be relating to one of the four times VAR can be used - Goals

The VAR team can advise the Ref to review if they think he has made a mistake he can then go to the Screen, this would be the case tonight as it would be relating to one of the four times VAR can be used - Goals

If the ref thinks that he had a good view he can ignore them. When he's only got two thing to watch, that seems quite plausible.

If the ref thinks that he had a good view he can ignore them. When he's only got two thing to watch, that seems quite plausible.
So how come several pairs of eyes (ref, ref's assistant and asst behind the goal) persistently miss keepers leaving the line before a pen is taken?

Back