• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilmar Barrios

I could see him doing small role with us. But on the other hand, for me he doesn't seem nothing special. He's role was passive, minimal against Japan... not that it would been surprise, he is DM. But what he can offer forward, doesn't seem doing anything else than easy passes.

Just thinking do we need this kind of player? I think no.

What is he particularly good at that makes him a DM option for us? Everything I've seen of the guy makes it clear that he's fantastic at sliding tackles, and not particularly good at anything else. And while we once desperately needed just that sort of player (and had some f*cking good ones in Palacios and Sandro, among others)...I think we've moved on as a club and a team.

Modern DMs at top clubs can't just be destroyers anymore, unless they're once-in-a-generation powerhouses like Kante. And we already have a 'pure' destroyer with limited passing ability in Wanyama.

If we're going for a DM, I'd rather one that has a more varied skillset.

What is he particularly good at that makes him a DM option for us? Everything I've seen of the guy makes it clear that he's fantastic at sliding tackles, and not particularly good at anything else. And while we once desperately needed just that sort of player (and had some f*cking good ones in Palacios and Sandro, among others)...I think we've moved on as a club and a team.

Modern DMs at top clubs can't just be destroyers anymore, unless they're once-in-a-generation powerhouses like Kante. And we already have a 'pure' destroyer with limited passing ability in Wanyama.

If we're going for a DM, I'd rather one that has a more varied skillset.

Totally. I just think this guy wants a move to Europe, and our name is being used to stir up the interesting of the Readings and Bristol Citys of this world

That"s good to hear,i have not seen either of their games so have not seen him.
He looked what I would call an effective little bugger. You don't really notice him until someone on the opposing team get robbed of the ball, then it's like "Ohhh, there he is!" A little later someone get tackled on the other side of the pitch "Ohhh, it's him again! How the fudge did he get there?"

Don’t tell gutter boy that

He was ducking brilliant tonight but Poland were toss too

Have to say he looks every bit a Kante clone

Yep, my thought as well. The main thing which he has which Dier and Wanyama dont have is pace. I can't see that we need all of Dier, Wanyama and Barrios so given there were rumours linking Wanyama to Dortmund, maybe its Barrios in, Wanyama out (plus about £15m extra in the kitty)

I dunno, not convinced from what I see in the world cup. Has the raw materials to.succeed in the EPL, but Poch still has a fair bit to do to get him on par to Dembele /Wanyama's levels

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Yep, my thought as well. The main thing which he has which Dier and Wanyama dont have is pace. I can't see that we need all of Dier, Wanyama and Barrios so given there were rumours linking Wanyama to Dortmund, maybe its Barrios in, Wanyama out (plus about £15m extra in the kitty)

Dier might be moved to CB to replace Alder

We will see how good Barrios is if Columbia get through and play England or Belgium

The WC is not a great place to judge big in the one game they have had 11 players Columbia have been very good and he was a star player

Umm, why is this thread not bumped? He had a huge game tonight, always nipping and snapping and fouling and foiling.

I'm not sure I want a little pest like that at my club, but he was a right pain in the arse to play against

Back