• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Leicester are making some serious moves to establish themselves as a top-10 club. I really would hate for Maddison to go to these cloggers, but if we can't offer him playing time, I guess it's a move that makes sense for him.

He is a good back fill for Mahrez although he plays centrally

25 mill for a player recovering from a serious knee op? Brave

As ridiculous as it is, £25m is the new £10m. High potential, young, English football premium (prob adds £5m-£10m to the fee). The amount of money flowing through the game now, clubs don't need to give away players. They can just tell potential buyers to p1ss off, knowing that someone will come in with the money eventually.

Fees have been crazy since forever but it seems to have gone to another level the last two seasons.

Gamble for pool so it means without the injury they would be asking more for him. I think recently it seems that acl ops are more successful than say 10 years ago.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

No other clubs came in for him?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have to admit this is a weird one. Way too easy for Leicester to get him.

it's possible he failed a medical somewhere else and word got around, some clubs are more willing to take the risk than others, although I accept that if that was the case it would probably reflect in the price whereas Leicester have paid top whack

No other clubs came in for him?

Apparently SCBC.

Being a Coventry boy Leicester appeals as its much closer to home. And no Hughes of course.

A very talented player, I guess the reluctance comes down to his position. Not many top teams will go for a rookie #10, and its a gamble for someone like us to buy him - will he get time to play and develop?

Somewhere like Leicester would make sense as an interim move.

A rumour from a mate that we may be going for James Maddison with the cost partially off set by winks going the other way!

yes please m’lud!

Back