• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Those numbers don't really make sense do they?

Surely the tax is paid by the buying club not us?

Therefore if a club is paying us £60 million for Dembele then they would need to pay the Chinese government £30 million, making their total package £90 million.

Or if their total package to purchase Demebele is £60 million then it would be £40 million to us and a 50% tax of £20 million to the Chinese government?

Yes, sorry. The actual tax rate is one hundred%, so we get half of what they're spending.

If he leaves - and it seems likely that he will - it will be sad to see him go but he will leave with a lot of good will and fond wishes. If he ever has reason to return to (N)WHL he will be warmly received.
It is hard to explain to anyone who hasn’t watched him at close quarters how much enjoyment there is in seeing him weave his way around opposition players, seeing them bounce off him as he ploughs on through (and then kind of stops because he won’t take a shot at goal). He will be hard to replace.
(And the rest of the squad will have to find a new answer to the tv interview question ‘who is the best player in training’. )

DEMBELE ON SPURS FUTURE

Mousa Dembele has cast a little doubt over his Tottenham Hotspur future - but he's not talking too openly about leaving the club, according to The Sun.

He is quoted as saying: “Tottenham is my club, my family is happy in London and the children are enrolled in a school - all of which you cannot just leave like that.

“But otherwise I'm open to anything. Since I was little, I am someone who loves an adventure. I have already talked about the championship in China with Axel Witsel but I also talked about the MLS to Laurent Ciman and if someone was playing in Bangladesh, I would also ask him for information."

DEMBELE ON SPURS FUTURE

Mousa Dembele has cast a little doubt over his Tottenham Hotspur future - but he's not talking too openly about leaving the club, according to The Sun.

He is quoted as saying: “Tottenham is my club, my family is happy in London and the children are enrolled in a school - all of which you cannot just leave like that.

“But otherwise I'm open to anything. Since I was little, I am someone who loves an adventure. I have already talked about the championship in China with Axel Witsel but I also talked about the MLS to Laurent Ciman and if someone was playing in Bangladesh, I would also ask him for information."
So basically, come and get me but you will need to cough up BIG!

I don't know how to easily get stats of games played at tournaments so took the even years from WIKI and then the games played for the club in the season preceding - so either he has been unlucky to be injured for the tournaments or he just isn't fancied, I always had the impression its the later. I understand they have a wealth of talent, but come on, its Mousa.

Dembele

Year international Club
2010 5 24
2012 7 2
2014 6 27
2016 5 29
2018 5 27
28 109

Witsel
Year international Club
2010 5 27
2012 9 29
2014 11 29
2016 15 29
2018 6 9

46 123

Given his fitness and lack of goals its probably time for him to move on, his presence will be hard to replace but hopefully Winks or a new signing can fill the void, be nice to pick up some big bucks for him.

He looked the fittest I can remember him being last year - other than the beginning of the year was he injured? was hoping that was him over the worst of it.

I would like to think we can set up some sort of deal to keep him here for another year, I will miss him loads if he goes. If he goes to Italy I can see us getting no more than £15M ( think he would rip it up in that league) - but the money from China may be too much to resist.

Back