• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Yeah, it is kind of strange, especially since he never said that either. This quote is also made up. Check my link at the top of the page.

Are you sure that this wasn't from some sort of conference and each publication just hasn't picked and chose what part of it to report on?

This is quite funny. I don't know or care if the quotes are true, but certain people in this thread twist and take completely out of context Harrys words. But now one of their favourite players has said much worse, they defend it and it's apparently not so bad.

Now I quite like ekotto as a player, but he isn't a team player and he doesn't care about Spurs. Those quotes if true are very bad, and the irrational logic being shown by some is bizarre.

Yeah, it is kind of strange, especially since he never said that either. This quote is also made up. Check my link at the top of the page.

Thanks for posting the link. Definitely an interesting read and I can't see where ESPN got the quotes from either, as they don't exist. I liked how he basically bigged up the competition in England & stated that he has no interest in playing in France. Goes as far to say that the way he falls asleep after a match is by watching Ligue 1:lol:

Think the Belgium will slip into his position nicely should BEA go with Naughton as back up for both full back positions.

Walker-Kaboul-Caulker-Vertonghen

Yum

This is quite funny. I don't know or care if the quotes are true, but certain people in this thread twist and take completely out of context Harrys words. But now one of their favourite players has said much worse, they defend it and it's apparently not so bad.

Now I quite like ekotto as a player, but he isn't a team player and he doesn't care about Spurs. Those quotes if true are very bad, and the irrational logic being shown by some is bizarre.

IF he does mean them, and by the looks of it, it does seem very off... then at least he is not a hypocrite. He has never kissed the badge or lied to us. I respect him as a man for his forthright views. (based on past articles)

Are you sure that this wasn't from some sort of conference and each publication just hasn't picked and chose what part of it to report on?

I’m pretty sure. As you can see from some of my translation, the interview seems to have been made at a cef?® or something (as the interviewer often describes what Benny does in between the questions and answers. Also, many of the questions are completely unrelated to football (they talk a lot about politics) and I’m having a hard time believing that those sort of questions would have been asked in a conference setting.

edit: Plus the fact that Benny himself posted this interview on his Facebook-page.

https://www.facebook.com/BenoitAssouEkottoFoot

What a load of crap. Because he said he plays football for money he doesn't try as much as some top triffic lads like Dawson or Parker?

Here's the direct quote from the France Football interview:
L'id?®e, c'est d'accrocher un club qui participe r?®guli?¿rement ?á la Ligue des champions ?
Oui. Tous les joueurs veulent jouer cette comp?®tition. Il y a quelques mois, j'ai dit que je ne voulais plus jamais participer ?á l'Europa League, car cette comp?®tition ne sert ?á rien.

We could do a hell of alot better, and the sooner people realise this, the better.

Just because you like him and think hes cool doesnt mean he is a good footballer

Here's the direct quote from the France Football interview:
The idea is to hang a club that regularly participates in the Champions League?
Yes. All players want to play this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to participate in the Europa League, because this competition is useless.

Little disappointing a ls he said we wanted to see out his career with us....

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-185208.html

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Everyone get ready for a summer of tabloid/agent flimflam and whorage.

Enjoy.

Lets face it. Some of you have been waiting for this ever since he dared to say he plays football for money, to many that means he doesn't try for us, puts in no effort and doesn't care win, lose or draw which is frankly a load of crap. Just because he's the only one with the bottle to tell the truth he gets hounded out by the precious fans that want players to say they love Tottenham and money means nothing to them. He's one of the best in his position in the League and around Europe and you think we'll just sell him and pick someone up who's instantly better? Get real. I actually kinda hope he leaves as he doesn't deserve some of the brick he gets from fans.

Back