• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Semi Final OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester United***

As I mentioned in my posts. A Manchester ref officiating a United semi-final was always looking a recipe for disaster for us, but although I said it was not the reason we lost, he didnt help the situation.
At one point he gave them a free-kick deep in our half and I had visions of him getting on the end of it and making it 3-1

Yeah, a lot of utd fans banging on about a neutral ground for the SF. Well a neutral ref would have been better.

Poch: I'm unsure.
Can we go too much further with the guy?
He has ticked so many boxes bless him.....but it's why I want Spurs to act and not react when it's too late.

EDIT Nothing to do with yesterday in isolation...
I see no reason to think that we can't go further with Pochettino.

We all know that a new manager coming in is a hit or miss, flip a coin kind of thing. I see absolutely no reason to think that a new manager would be more likely to push us than Pochettino.

Most or all of the players seem to really like Pochettino. And they're all used to playing his football. How would they react to a new manager and new style, and to a guy they really like being let go? We have players we'll be desperate to keep around, Pochettino seems like a key part to making that happen.

I see no reason to think that we can't go further with Pochettino.

We all know that a new manager coming in is a hit or miss, flip a coin kind of thing. I see absolutely no reason to think that a new manager would be more likely to push us than Pochettino.

Most or all of the players seem to really like Pochettino. And they're all used to playing his football. How would they react to a new manager and new style, and to a guy they really like being let go? We have players we'll be desperate to keep around, Pochettino seems like a key part to making that happen.

Oh Poch can do more and take us further.
I’m just wary of us falling apart IF he moves on and thus not being over reliant on any one person. We also stop seeing his shortcomings which he has on the motivational side imho.

Yeah, a lot of utd fans banging on about a neutral ground for the SF. Well a neutral ref would have been better.

Never bought into that arguement. yes, we have had a season there, but with all their recent FA Cup finals/semis/League Cup finals/Charity shields, they were just 'at home' there than anyone

Last edited:
Atm I agree. But I don't think we should not keep having the conversation.
I am less sure of him due the recurring motivational inconsistancys with the slow starts.

We absoloutely should not be having that conversation or anything close to it - Pochettino is doing a cracking job here on a comparative shoe string budget, in fact it's a testament to the job he is doing that people are now questioning us for not being winners despite the very real and substantial handicap we are operating with - he has raised our expectations way beyond what they should be - When we have money to spend and the gap on wages between ourselves and Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea closes then will be the time to ask questions of him

This HURT, and big time.
We had them by the throat and let them off the hook.
There was a moment just before they scored when in the middle of the pitch Dembele had the whole pitch in front of him to play a pass and launch a counter and instead tried a sideways flick to dele that led to a scramble, I knew then we wouldn't win.
We need to be more ruthless, we dominate go one up and play like a bunch of showboating pansies, some players believe the hype and some just want to look good.

We are becoming all style and no substance.

Pretty much agree with that, as for the bit in bold they think they are winners when in all reality have actually won nothing, i hope that ALL the players are hurting as much as i was coming away from the game yesterday, but i doubt it.

It's 8 times out of 8. It's a horrendous statistic no matter what way you look at it.

It is and i have been at all of them, what makes it worse is this team is probably better then the other losing teams but we went out with a whimper and that is what hurts the most.

Pretty much agree with that, as for the bit in bold they think they are winners when in all reality have actually won nothing, i hope that ALL the players are hurting as much as i was coming away from the game yesterday, but i doubt it.

It is and i have been at all of them, what makes it worse is this team is probably better then the other losing teams but we went out with a whimper and that is what hurts the most.

Every cup game we have lost we were winning... and playing better than the other team

We really need someone to stand up in the dressing room and tell it how it is, stamp their authority on this team and take them with them.
Dier hopefully.

We really need someone to stand up in the dressing room and tell it how it is, stamp their authority on this team and take them with them.
Dier hopefully.

I’m not sure Dier’d up to it. If he was he’d be doing it already. We need to buy in someone who can.

I’m not sure Dier’d up to it. If he was he’d be doing it already. We need to buy in someone who can.
You get intel from the dressing room a lot to back this up? There's plenty of gobby players who will speak up, so perhaps we get Joey Barton, who is great at that.

Dier hopefully.

That should be the capt job, but according to some a capt is not really needed in todays game.

I have said several times that Dier should wear the armband so i do agree with you.

You get intel from the dressing room a lot to back this up? There's plenty of gobby players who will speak up, so perhaps we get Joey Barton, who is great at that.

Sorry, we’re talking at cross purposes. My fault, I’m sure. I meant a leader on the pitch. I haven't see Dier (or any other of our players) do that - yesterday being another example. My feeling is we need to buy in a really experienced head.

Last edited:
Is Dier that character or can he become a leader? I hope so but he is relatively young now and maybe considering the more senior players on the pitch it is not a role he is comfortable playing yet. He might grow into it.

Actually I thought Bentaleb was going to be the one but he wasn't mature enough to handle his own rise to prominence.

Last edited:
Is Dier that character or can he become a leader? I hope so but he is relatively young now and maybe considering the more senior players on the pitch it is not a role he is comfortable playing now. He might grow into it.

Actually I thought Bentaleb was going to be the one but he wasn't mature enough to handle his own rise to prominence.

Yes I thought that about bentaleb as well, may be he was too young for them to take it from or his manner wasn't right.

It's a role I think dier can grow into. If he has the backing of a few key players, I'm thinking dele, Harry and Erikson as they all seem close, then Hugo, Jan and lamela will follow.
The likes of trips, Davies and Wanyama all seem like decent guys who will join the cause, none of them are going to move to bigger or better things so it would make sense.
We just need that leader.

We absoloutely should not be having that conversation or anything close to it - Pochettino is doing a cracking job here on a comparative shoe string budget, in fact it's a testament to the job he is doing that people are now questioning us for not being winners despite the very real and substantial handicap we are operating with - he has raised our expectations way beyond what they should be - When we have money to spend and the gap on wages between ourselves and Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea closes then will be the time to ask questions of him

This, a million times. I think anyone who's angry about yesterday or think we lack a winning mentality and want to swap out Poch or whatever should just read what you just wrote calmly to themselves and try to understand that this is the reality they need to re-adjust to.

Sorry, we’re talking at cross purposes. My fault, I’m sure. I meant a leader on the pitch. I haven't see Dier (or any other of our players) do that - yesterday being another example. My feeling is we need to buy in a really experienced head.
No probs. We’d all love a Dave Mackay/Graham Roberts/Steve Perryman type to gee everyone up, calm everyone down and be the heartbeat of the side.

I can't believe it has taken me all season to find the quicker way to Wembley Park station ;)

I get the Chiltern train and my regular seat is in Club Wembley West which is the nearest part of stadium to that station but yesterday I had to slum it in lower tier on opposite corner of the ground; so as I stayed until final whistle it took about 10 minutes just to get past the hordes of gloating ManUre heading in the opposite direction!

At least in our new gaff the bars will be open after the match finishes, so we can celebrate / drown sorrows away from the visitors.

I was so bloody frustrated with our constant fannying round on the edge of the box with sideways passes. Particularly with Davies and Trippier who had several opportunities to whip crosses in first time, but would rather play back and inside.

Back