• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

When he on top form our midfield works and when he's anywhere below that it is a mess like yesterday.

We rely on him too much. And he is not a player you can rely on with his injury record.

In the summer we need to completely rebuild the central midfield in a system that works without.

It like when we had Berbatov. When he was on it we were unstoppable. When he was having one of his many off days we had no system to fall back on.

His positioning was wrong, it allowed Pogba to out muscle him. It doesn't happen often and no one could've known that when they went in for the ball.

He tried to come back inside ( left which he does all the time ) and Pogba read it. he is becoming predictable

Watch recent games, more and more opponents are anticipating his shift to the left and more and more he is being dispossessed, not just yesterday.

Glad some one else has noticed it as well. So many make excuses for him.

My thoughts exactly
We scored he was bossing
They took the ball off him and he shrank into a shell
It was his man who scored the winner running off him

Spot on, he shut off and allowed his man to run off him.

Big OT - Our “killer instinct” is current unfit and is such huge miss it is untrue.

Sorry totally disagree. As a team we lack killer mentality. We go a goal up and it becomes to easy with a lot selfish show pony play. We let way too many teams come back into games we dominate and should be killing be faffing about.
Man utd
Juve
West ham
All loses from dominant displays where we that we had the game won and started trying to be to clever.

Sorry totally disagree. As a team we lack killer mentality. We go a goal up and it becomes to easy with a lot selfish show pony play. We let way too many teams come back into games we dominate and should be killing be faffing about.
Man utd
Juve
West ham
All loses from dominant displays where we that we had the game won and started trying to be to clever.

I was talking far too surreptitiously (wrong word)about Harry being our current loss of ‘killer instinct’!

Last edited:
I think the main word that can be associated with Mousa is 'predictable'.

Any half-decent coach will tell his players that Mousa will always turn left and play out to the left. It isn't rocket science and when he receives the ball is fairly easy to nullify. Yes he is skillful and as strong as an ox, but simply isn't creative enough.

Will never understand why he turned back in.....so many options available not as if he was in a dead end,i thought he eradicated this out of this game a couple of years ago,where he was caught numerous times.....can't say he will learn from this as he's quite an experience player.......but you can say the classic line 'schoolboy error'.....

Will never understand why he turned back in.....so many options available not as if he was in a dead end,i thought he eradicated this out of this game a couple of years ago,where he was caught numerous times.....can't say he will learn from this as he's quite an experience player.......but you can say the classic line 'schoolboy error'.....
Moose made the key error in a series of 3. Tripper’s pass to him wasn’t great (but it’s part of our ‘playing from the back’ philosophy), and I don’t know what else was on but we’d just had success from a long ball out from the back. And then Wee Little Sanchez had virtually a free (difficult to execute) header that split (I think) Jan and Davies.

Because he is predominantly left footed so always comes onto that foot

I'd suggest it was over-confidence as we were showboating with Pogba in almost the exact same area of the pitch a few minutes before which was greeted by huge cheers from the crowd.

I'd suggest it was over-confidence as we were showboating with Pogba in almost the exact same area of the pitch a few minutes before which was greeted by huge cheers from the crowd.
Reminiscent of Dele and Son showboating just before halftime when we were 2-0 up against Spammers in the League Cup.

Because he is predominantly left footed so always comes onto that foot

Correct. If you watch him through the season he will drop his shoulder and roll past that player 99 times out of 100. Even when he gets it wrong he has the strength to make it work. Against Pogba it was probably the wrong move in the wrong area of the pitch.

I must say I’m surprised at how many people feel he had a bad game. Take out that one error and I watched him breeze past their midfield and take a player out of the game over and over, and then lay it off to Son, Dele, Eriksen. That is after all, his game.

I think without the error no one would be questioning his overall performance. 2nd half obvs faded but that’s not new.

Correct. If you watch him through the season he will drop his shoulder and roll past that player 99 times out of 100. Even when he gets it wrong he has the strength to make it work. Against Pogba it was probably the wrong move in the wrong area of the pitch.

I must say I’m surprised at how many people feel he had a bad game. Take out that one error and I watched him breeze past their midfield and take a player out of the game over and over, and then lay it off to Son, Dele, Eriksen. That is after all, his game.

I think without the error no one would be questioning his overall performance. 2nd half obvs faded but that’s not new.

I just saw it as the 1 out of 100 that went wrong too. The push was also a foul under current laws.

You could argue that his mistake cost us the game though, so I can understand the negativity towards the performance based on that.

I thought it was another Dembele master class up until that mistake.

Moose made the key error in a series of 3. Tripper’s pass to him wasn’t great (but it’s part of our ‘playing from the back’ philosophy), and I don’t know what else was on but we’d just had success from a long ball out from the back. And then Wee Little Sanchez had virtually a free (difficult to execute) header that split (I think) Jan and Davies.
Trippier's pass was absolutely fine.
Sanchez was free because we had the ball so our defenders were moving into their attacking positions. The time between Pogba winning the ball off of Dembele and crossing wasn't enough for our defenders to then recover.
The only real error was made by Dembele there IMO. I would actually say that Vorm was more to blame than any of the other three players you mentioned as he seemed rooted to his spot as opposed to being ready to dive either way.

Both goals came from his errors

Back