• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

On my commute this morning I was listening to the TFC podcast and Tony D said something interesting... Tony D is a 40+ year old rapper who works with "problem" kids nowadays. He is very urban. He said that often the "problem" kids don't have a problem at all, they just don't relate to their teachers etc.
Maybe Edwards needs someone similar to talk to and relate to; he probably doesn't relate to Poch, Lloris, Verts et al.

http://worldbattlerap.wikia.com/wiki/Tony_D

I see what your getting at and the might some truth to what you are hinting at. But for me it is more then skin colour it is their appearance. I would fully believe tripper is a nasty piece of work just because of the stupid ink all over his arms. When I have only ever heard poch say nice things about him as a footballer, man and father.

Whenever I see anyone behaving "urban" white or black I cross the road.

Now as for Terry and Barton if you think about their age and that they are council estate scum I could fully believe they are racist pieces of brick. I think the current generation of white council estate kids are less likely to be racist due to our multicultural society. Still very likely to be fcuking macarons though.

I grew up on a council estate in wood green. To be honest some of the behaviour I had in my early and mid teens was racist looking back. Growing up and going out into the real world you lose it unless you are a cnut, which brings us back to Terry and Barton. Yes we used to use the N word growing up and you used to say you were going to the P shop. But normal people realised sometime in the 90s to stop it.

Whaaa? we have to stop it?

On my commute this morning I was listening to the TFC podcast and Tony D said something interesting... Tony D is a 40+ year old rapper who works with "problem" kids nowadays. He is very urban. He said that often the "problem" kids don't have a problem at all, they just don't relate to their teachers etc.
Maybe Edwards needs someone similar to talk to and relate to; he probably doesn't relate to Poch, Lloris, Verts et al.

Anyone smart enough would have laugh at that very thought of getting advice from a chap that goes by "Tony D"

I have heard Tony D before, usually has something interesting to say (@Gazza the guy is in entertainment, I've heard worse names) however

- Edwards must be able to find someone to relate to at Spurs, they are all professional footballers, there are academy products, superstars from a young age (Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Lamela) and a pretty diverse group as well
- He isn't a poor kid anymore, certainly not struggling for him and family.

He has a path to success, but its hard, you want to be a professional athlete you need to work your ass off. Lots of kids in lots of sports do well at youth levels where talent differentiates, at pro level, it's talent +work put in +intelligence (reading the game).

He is running out of time.

When you think that Dele Ali made his Spurs debut at what 19? and was quickly an England regular, I would say that the next couple of seasons will be pivotal for young Marcus.

Anyone smart enough would have laugh at that very thought of getting advice from a chap that goes by "Tony D"
Grow up it isn't about what you and I think of someone going by the name "Tony D", it is what Marcus Edwards thinks of same.

I have heard Tony D before, usually has something interesting to say (@Gazza the guy is in entertainment, I've heard worse names) however

- Edwards must be able to find someone to relate to at Spurs, they are all professional footballers, there are academy products, superstars from a young age (Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Lamela) and a pretty diverse group as well
- He isn't a poor kid anymore, certainly not struggling for him and family.

He has a path to success, but its hard, you want to be a professional athlete you need to work your ass off. Lots of kids in lots of sports do well at youth levels where talent differentiates, at pro level, it's talent +work put in +intelligence (reading the game).

He is running out of time.

While I see the point, I just dont think thats the problem.

What to we know about Poch? Its really quite simple. Do has he asks, work hard, run your ass off, and be professional.

I dont think it matters who you relate to, or what language you speak, or any of it, because all of this will be clear.

So do it, and succeed, or dont, and have problems.

Quite where Edwards is on that I dont know, though it appears he is having issues with just doing what Poch wants.

While I see the point, I just dont think thats the problem.

What to we know about Poch? Its really quite simple. Do has he asks, work hard, run your ass off, and be professional.

I dont think it matters who you relate to, or what language you speak, or any of it, because all of this will be clear.

So do it, and succeed, or dont, and have problems.

Quite where Edwards is on that I dont know, though it appears he is having issues with just doing what Poch wants.

He obviously is not doing enough, and I think the issue is that he has never had to do it before now. I would hazard a guess that most youngsters hit this point much earlier in their careers i.e. where they have to work their socks off because they've been cut or they just don't have enough talent. If we are to believe just how much talent this young lad has, then he has hit this barrier now, and is struggling. I don't know what the right thing to do is, but I have enough trust in our coaching set up to say that they will know what needs to be done. I just hope that he does manage it, because it would be nice to have another prodigious talent in our team.

He obviously is not doing enough, and I think the issue is that he has never had to do it before now. I would hazard a guess that most youngsters hit this point much earlier in their careers i.e. where they have to work their socks off because they've been cut or they just don't have enough talent. If we are to believe just how much talent this young lad has, then he has hit this barrier now, and is struggling. I don't know what the right thing to do is, but I have enough trust in our coaching set up to say that they will know what needs to be done. I just hope that he does manage it, because it would be nice to have another prodigious talent in our team.

Thats an excellent point, and IMO a very fair guess at his situation.

If he is THAT good he has probably breezed through up until now, but mens football is a different level in all aspects and maybe he isnt equipped for it at this time.

Maybe the best thing for him would be to be here then, with Poch to take him under his wing and get his attitude sorted if he believes he is that special?

Maybe the best thing for him would be to be here then, with Poch to take him under his wing and get his attitude sorted if he believes he is that special?

I can think of no where better, but it all depends upon his willingness to go with the process.

If he refuses, isnt humble enough to knuckle down and work through, then the Ravel Morrison comparisons may not be so out of line.

All ifs and buts of course.

I can think of no where better, but it all depends upon his willingness to go with the process.

If he refuses, isnt humble enough to knuckle down and work through, then the Ravel Morrison comparisons may not be so out of line.

Maybe. I would say that it's not just Ravel that is to blame with what happened there. Fact is if you give kids from tough backgrounds a lot of money, can you blame them for feeling invincible and enjoying a lifestyle that was up until that point only a dream. In the old days, they only got a life changing amount of money when they had made it, now they get it before. That requires more support from the club, their advisors and their parents. If any one of those support networks is not genuine, then it can easily fall down, especially with the number of vultures that are around.

Maybe. I would say that it's not just Ravel that is to blame with what happened there. Fact is if you give kids from tough backgrounds a lot of money, can you blame them for feeling invincible and enjoying a lifestyle that was up until that point only a dream. In the old days, they only got a life changing amount of money when they had made it, now they get it before. That requires more support from the club, their advisors and their parents. If any one of those support networks is not genuine, then it can easily fall down, especially with the number of vultures that are around.

Absolutely, look no further than agents...

All that being said though, especially somewhere like Spurs, it really is quite simple - isnt it?

Absolutely, look no further than agents...

All that being said though, especially somewhere like Spurs, it really is quite simple - isnt it?

You would think so. It's agents and the hangers on. I'd say the hangers on (all wanting their piece) are probably the worst, and some agents are worse still. Harry Kane, Dier and Winks are from stable backgrounds, with strong family support. Dele had a point to prove to the bigger clubs from a young age. Trippier had to prove himself at a smaller club first after being let go by Emirates Marketing Project. Rose struggled in his early career. Walker was from a smaller club.

I'd say that you want youngsters to follow the example of Christiano Ronaldo in terms of effort that goes into a career or a Harry Kane.

If Edwards has authority issues then there is no real quick fix and tough love doesn't always work. It's also difficult if the club are the only side that is trying to deal with the issue (not that I have any knowledge that they are). Just goes to show that it is never just about talent. Being good enough is more than that. I hope that Edwards sorts it out because having heard so much about him for so long, it would be a massive shame for it not to come off.

I get the impression that Poch is fair, honest and gives every player more than their fair share of time. He sees personal (on and off the pitch) development as high on his list of duties.

However I also get the impression that he may tell (or request) that you do something once, possibly twice but a third time won't be forthcoming. I don't think Poch does 'banging his head against a brick wall", very well.

I'm not saying Edwards is running out of rope BUT Poch won't be afraid to cut him adrift even if he has all the talent in the world. He has to have the qualities that most of the squad Poch has ensembled already has.

The teenager just needs games. I don't think its his fault, mainly that both us and Norwich didn't need him. He would have benifited from a loan to a side that needed him, and I think he would start to knuckle down. With the seriousness of competitive games, he would deliver and grow. It's the same for most young players at top teams. A sign of our success is there are less oppotunities for young players.

We need to shift any surplus senior players to be able to maintain some chances for youth players. It's a tickey one to ballance.

Back