• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

You want to visit Mexico.

Having said that i worked for a little while '( back in the late 70's when i was back packing around the states) on a traveling Carni and we actually spent some time over the border and loved it. But most of the Yanks i worked with were on the run from the law anyway so we never had any trouble

Yes but the increase in the value of the club is where they will get the big return rather than asset stripping / interest on loans / wages and needs to be included when discussing "are they making money off of the club".

Other than the recent ticket price hike I am very supportive and in recent years they have not made a wrong step as their objectives (increasing the value of the club) align with the (sane) supporters, the best way to do this is improve the teams performance to get CL qualification and improve the facilities.

Yes, it is true that value that they will get the majority of the value from selling the club. But, they own it and can sell it for whatever. The principal value of the club is the income stream and the stadium that has majorly been financed by them. Tickets from us supporters is not the major determinant of that, but a decent proportion nontheless. The thing is, the question was "is the club making money out of us". A sale does not make them any money until they sell it, and they have not done so. He's taken a decent salary and they have taken dividends a handful of times since taking over.

The stadium hasn't been financed by them has it? I thought Its loans on the club, which will be paid for from additional revenue from supporters.

I am not criticising them as they are doing wonders but stand by the response, also you can leverage increased value of your capital without selling it.

Having said that i worked for a little while '( back in the late 70's when i was back packing around the states) on a traveling Carni and we actually spent some time over the border and loved it. But most of the Yanks i worked with were on the run from the law anyway so we never had any trouble
Doesn't everybody have a 'when I was in America, we met these blokes on the run' story?

Don't forget Sherwood

I still think Sherwood was caretaker in all but name. Levy learnt from the mistake of keeping Pleat as caretaker for most of the season, which led to drift and the expectation of a big name manager (i.e. Santini rather than Jol, but well played Arnesen). Sherwood did the job of holding fort and most fans would have been happy with any replacement (in the end Poch over LVG or De Boer). If Sherwood had been caretaker and we had been speculating about the manager for 9 months, would Poch have been so welcomed?

Back