• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Would love it if we can get Toby fit for Chelsea and go 3 at the back against them. I don't think their current team would beat us if we played a back 3 with Toby in there, I think we'd get a draw at least.

Would love it if we can get Toby fit for Chelsea and go 3 at the back against them. I don't think their current team would beat us if we played a back 3 with Toby in there, I think we'd get a draw at least.

We have lost with him in the team before, he clearly will be lacking match practice.

We have lost with him in the team before, he clearly will be lacking match practice.

I think when we have played a back 3 against Chelsea the last few games, we have largely controlled those games, win lose or draw. Tended to lose with silly mistakes rather than the overall quality of our play. Matching them up in a 3421, I think we have their number, particularly when you consider that Chelsea are playing at their worst in any time that we have played them under Conte.

As long as he was actually fit, I don't think the lack of match practice would be too much of an issue for him. Not ideal, but as part of a back 3, with the extra help that provides, I think he'd be ok.

I think when we have played a back 3 against Chelsea the last few games, we have largely controlled those games, win lose or draw. Tended to lose with silly mistakes rather than the overall quality of our play. Matching them up in a 3421, I think we have their number, particularly when you consider that Chelsea are playing at their worst in any time that we have played them under Conte.

As long as he was actually fit, I don't think the lack of match practice would be too much of an issue for him. Not ideal, but as part of a back 3, with the extra help that provides, I think he'd be ok.

Possibly.

Just been listening to that clown Redknapp Jr saying winning the FA Cup is more important, how we were in a position to win the league against Leicester and the defeat against Juve is proving we still have the soft under belly we've always been associated with.

IF we win the FA cup and come fourth, the narrative will change and it will be we need CL to keep our best players. I'd almost want it to happen but only if an electric shock was given to any pundit or rival fan voices the opposite opinion after the event.

From a fans point of view, especially those of us who would be able to attend the FA cup final winning it at the expense of CL could selfishly be preferable, but for the greater good of the club I think CL will pay the wages and provide the stage that players want. Last time we won a cup our two star strikers both fudged off to CL teams against our will.

Why are Liverpool not receiving the same scrutiny, having some more, with their great history and manager losing his last 5 finals?

Redknapp himself is the personification of weak under belly as a player, now acting like he achieved everything in the game from the comfort of a warm studio. Why can't these pundits be held to task on their own careers, like Jenas was recently on BT sport (where he came across well choosing to accept responsibility rather than respond to the goading that playing for Liverpool would have turned him into Roy Keane.)

Let's get CL and win the FA cup, then prepare to hear how unless we pay top wages, do the treble and go invincible Harry Kane will be off to United, Poch to PSG, Eriksen to Juve, Dele to Madrid and all our new fans to City...

F**king Jamie Redknapp. Utter gobs**te. Hate thie guy. He always tries to pretend he's 'Spurs' when it suits (usually when we're doing well), but he's really a Bindipper fan and will happily flip-flop to an anti-Spurs viewpoint in a heartbeat. You're not Spurs Jamie, and you never will be.

Speaking of weak underbelly.This video is my fave Jamie Redknapp video.

What you saying now Jamie??? His 'commitment' to tracking back in this video, in the North London Derby of all games, is a disgrace.

Jamie Redknapp doesn't really like us. He's had a bit of anger for us since we sacked his old man.

Not that bad this year, because there's not much to pick at, but I expect him to jump on us the first chance he gets.

Interesting. The predicted xG table that these guys run shows us due to finish 4th on 78pts, with a 92% chance of finishing top 4, while Chelsea are 5th on 71pts with a mere 16% chance of getting 4th:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

That seems rather optimistic, given that we have a 5-point lead and have to play Chelsea, away, as well as Emirates Marketing Project at home. So I looked into our run-ins a bit more.

At the moment:

2. ManU +35 65pts
3. Spurs +34 61pts
4. Liverpool +34 60pts
5. Chelsea +25 56pts

Chelsea have to play us and Liverpool, both at Stamford Bridge. If they win both of those, which is more than possible, while we also lose at home against Emirates Marketing Project, then assuming both teams win all their other games, they'd finish a point ahead of us.

Liverpool have only one game left against the top 6 -- in the above scenario they lose it, but still end up two points ahead of us by beating all their lower-ranked opponents.

Meanwhile, ManU have a 4pt cushion and have to play Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal. Even if they lose both, we'd have to win every game to catch them.

So I reckon we need at least a point from the Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project games to stay in the top 4. And hope that Prem sides don't win both the CL and EL!

Obviously, the above assumes that all the top teams beat all their opponents outside the top 6. Emirates Marketing Project will be trying pretty damn hard to win the league at Old Trafford...but if they don't, they'll be at Wembley next.

Well, that's put a downer on my day.

Interesting. The predicted xG table that these guys run shows us due to finish 4th on 78pts, with a 92% chance of finishing top 4, while Chelsea are 5th on 71pts with a mere 16% chance of getting 4th:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

That seems rather optimistic, given that we have a 5-point lead and have to play Chelsea, away, as well as Emirates Marketing Project at home. So I looked into our run-ins a bit more.

At the moment:

2. ManU +35 65pts
3. Spurs +34 61pts
4. Liverpool +34 60pts
5. Chelsea +25 56pts

Chelsea have to play us and Liverpool, both at Stamford Bridge. If they win both of those, which is more than possible, while we also lose at home against Emirates Marketing Project, then assuming both teams win all their other games, they'd finish a point ahead of us.

Liverpool have only one game left against the top 6 -- in the above scenario they lose it, but still end up two points ahead of us by beating all their lower-ranked opponents.

Meanwhile, ManU have a 4pt cushion and have to play Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal. Even if they lose both, we'd have to win every game to catch them.

So I reckon we need at least a point from the Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project games to stay in the top 4. And hope that Prem sides don't win both the CL and EL!

Obviously, the above assumes that all the top teams beat all their opponents outside the top 6. Emirates Marketing Project will be trying pretty damn hard to win the league at Old Trafford...but if they don't, they'll be at Wembley next.

Well, that's put a downer on my day.
Doesn’t your scenario rely on Chelsea winning every single League game they play? Whilst possible, it wouldn’t exactly be to form for the season so far.

Doesn’t your scenario rely on Chelsea winning every single League game they play? Whilst possible, it wouldn’t exactly be to form for the season so far.
Not quite -- they just have to match our results. Yes, the form guide suggests that they won't...but really, would you put money on it? Here are the remaining fixtures:

Chelsea: Burnley A, Spurs H, WHam H, So'ton A, Huddersfield H, Swansea A, Liverpool H, Saudi Sportswashing Machine A

Spurs: Saudi Sportswashing Machine H, Chelsea A, Stoke A, Emirates Marketing Project H, Brighton A, Watford H, West Brom A, Leicester H

Hopefully Burnley can get at least a point, then I can sleep easy.

Correct me if I'm wrong ....... no Association may have more than 5 entries.

That being the case, and with English Clubs possible winners of both Europa & CL, two of our 5 are potentially nabbed. Woolwich and Cheatski outside top 4

Top 3 is needed to guarantee us CL atm

Correct me if I'm wrong ....... no Association may have more than 5 entries.

That being the case, and with English Clubs possible winners of both Europa & CL, two of our 5 are potentially nabbed. Woolwich and Cheatski outside top 4

Top 3 is needed to guarantee us CL atm
Nailed on once in a lifetime event. We're fudged.

Don't rule out the affect the fight for survival will have on who gets in the top 4, there will be upsets. With 8 games left and half the table worried about relegation it's going to make for an interesting close to the season.

My prediction at this point is that Liverpool and Utd tail off and Chelsea have a strong finish.

Emirates Marketing Project
Tottenham
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool.

Don't rule out the affect the fight for survival will have on who gets in the top 4, there will be upsets. With 8 games left and half the table worried about relegation it's going to make for an interesting close to the season.

My prediction at this point is that Liverpool and Utd tail off and Chelsea have a strong finish.

Emirates Marketing Project
Tottenham
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool.
I like the cut of your jib.

Back