• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Thought it was arguably his worst game for Spurs, was very frustrating.

He's a young lad but so so raw. I can see his pace, movement and ability (touch, driblling) - the kid has the raw materials.

Really does have a fair way to go though. Seems like a "nearly" player in every thing he does - it nearly comes off every time, but doesn't. Makes the wrong decision really often and in this Utd game his final ball was so poor. I think both him and the other wide forward in Ange's system definitely have been instructed not to chase back fully - it's tactical. but in the pressing moments - Johnson looked really half arsed in this game. In contrast to Richy who was pressing with real intent and vigour.

I think he can be a massive player in the future for Spurs, but might do with being taken out of the firing line for a few games -- impact player off the bench? This is of course assuming that we have the troops fit to do this. Hopefully we get Kulu/Maddo back for the brickeh game which will enable this.

I suspect he may have lost his starting place yesterday. Werner will improve, Richi keeps the central spot and Deck will take right.

Very young, lots of upside, biggest issue is he very far from finished product for what we paid

My concern with him remains the same, he naturally has pace and positioning, decision making can be taught, bravery and willingness to get stuck in? not so much ..

Tohough he imo mostly played a "standard" game for him given the situations he found himself in. The main difference between better games and this one being that we weren't able to find the kind of service that would release him into space.

Do wonder if he was also perhaps one of those suffering a bit because of injuries. Thought he looked slower to get back than usual. We didn't have a lot of bench options so probably was expected to play the full game and perhaps had to conserve his energy a bit. Both when attacking and defending.

Would bringing on one of the youngsters been much worse?

Johnson was really bad yesterday.

Gotta let Ange do his thing on the training ground, he was bought in for his potential and raw ability, I think we will see a whole different Johnson next season or maybe towards the backend of this season. The transfer fee will always be something that is held against him until that comes though.

If not, then it's a shame, but I still have high hopes for him.

Yea wasn’t great yesterday, think we’ve got to respect Wan Bissaka though he’s a very good defender, not many get the better of him (brick going the other way though).

He’s been sub par so far and was very disappointing yesterday particularly with his final ball but he’s a young lad who has just moved to a much bigger club and needs time. He definitely has ability. Unfortunately, I’ve heard a few fans in the stadium give him brick and seen a lot of stuff online about him.

Give him time, he’ll come good.

He’s been sub par so far and was very disappointing yesterday particularly with his final ball but he’s a young lad who has just moved to a much bigger club and needs time. He definitely has ability. Unfortunately, I’ve heard a few fans in the stadium give him brick and seen a lot of stuff online about him.

Give him time, he’ll come good.
I don’t agree he’s been sub-par since arriving, I think he’s been fine for the most part. A few poor games, a few good ones. I don’t think he was bought this season to be a regular starter, I reckon he was bought for competition to the wide players with high potential upside in the future, but due to injuries he plays every game.

I don’t agree he’s been sub-par since arriving, I think he’s been fine for the most part. A few poor games, a few good ones. I don’t think he was bought this season to be a regular starter, I reckon he was bought for competition to the wide players with high potential upside in the future, but due to injuries he plays every game.

I'd agree he probably wasn't bought with the intention of starting every game

To me, he has good moments vs. good games, I can excuse development/learning, being timid, not so much.

Johnson is going to suffer from what PEH & Skipp are right now, the rest of the team is playing so well, giving so much, that even a mid level PL type performance looks poor.

He looks very light weight and falls over easily. Not just going by yesterday's game ... his composure and decision making need to improve otherwise he may just to be a lesser theo Walcott.

But he is young and hopefully can gain some experience coming off the bench and run a tired defences.

Do find it funny that forest rejected a £30m bid from brentford for johnson. To get an extra £15m from us. This put them over the cut off date for ffp and will probably see them relegated.

Greed is good!

I think with Johnson I just want him to do some basics well. When you get a chance try and hit the target, when you get space get a decent cross in. Sounds stupid to say it, but yesterday his shots were all high and wide. When he did get a chance to pick out richy he totally fluffed it. Basic Stuff.

Gotta let Ange do his thing on the training ground, he was bought in for his potential and raw ability, I think we will see a whole different Johnson next season or maybe towards the backend of this season. The transfer fee will always be something that is held against him until that comes though.

If not, then it's a shame, but I still have high hopes for him.

Could not agree more young kid moving into a bigger club and still trying to find his feet. he has the ability he just needs to believe in himself more. Not sure he is the most confident of players and he needs to do what he was doing so well at Forest.

Could not agree more young kid moving into a bigger club and still trying to find his feet. he has the ability he just needs to believe in himself more. Not sure he is the most confident of players and he needs to do what he was doing so well at Forest.
It’s the extra 10% which is in his head
he has all the attributes but needs that bit more to come

I think with Johnson I just want him to do some basics well. When you get a chance try and hit the target, when you get space get a decent cross in. Sounds stupid to say it, but yesterday his shots were all high and wide. When he did get a chance to pick out richy he totally fluffed it. Basic Stuff.

Actually disagree, he just needs to be brave far more than decisions (that comes with time)

- Go for the ball, go into the 50/50's, take on your man, run at them

His pace is his weapon, you want the opposition defenders to think "fudge, I have to sit back because I can't afford to have this guy behind me" and "he's going to go for the ball, I can't afford to put a foot/tackle in because it will be a foul/penalty/card call"

I suspect he may have lost his starting place yesterday. Werner will improve, Richi keeps the central spot and Deck will take right.

Very young, lots of upside, biggest issue is he very far from finished product for what we paid

My concern with him remains the same, he naturally has pace and positioning, decision making can be taught, bravery and willingness to get stuck in? not so much ..
Part of my concern is hat he's not actually "very young". He'll be 23 in may. Same age as VdV, older than Sarr and Udogie.

Quite a bit of experience now from both the Championship and the PL.

By all means, players develop in different ways, at different ages. Perhaps he's a slightly late bloomer. I like quite a bit of what he brings. But he's not a 19 year old in his first season of PL football.

I think he will improve, but I also think it may take some time. And that his ceiling may not be extremely high given where he is at 22.

May seem like an easy thing to develop the ability to use great pace and good ball control to really take the game to opponents with a good frequency. But I don't think it is easy.

Time will tell. He's making himself useful and that's good. Hope to see even more from him at some point this season or early-ish next season though.

A couple of good moments, took his goal well, but still largely anonymous.

He could really learn from Werner (who is doing exactly what Ange wants out wide), still not running at his man as much as he needs.

In second half it was interesting once Vicario had the ball, he and Werner were pinned to the lines for maximum width (opposition had to cover threat of both breaking with pace).

Back