Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 304

Thread: We blew it!

  1. #101

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    How much more did Chelsea spend on wages last season than we did btw?
    about 75m to 100m more

  2. #102

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    How much more did Chelsea spend on wages last season than we did btw?
    Not sure about 2011/12 but in 2010/11 it was roughly double

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...to-201112.html

  3. #103

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    How much more did Chelsea spend on wages last season than we did btw?
    probably a **** load more.

  4. #104

    Re: We blew it!

    mins 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
    Chelsea 109 114 133 149 153 173 168 176
    Man United 77 96 92 121 123 132 153 162
    Arsenal 66 83 90 101 104 111 124 143
    Liverpool 64 69 78 90 96 114 129 131
    Man City 38 34 36 54 83 133 174 201
    Us 33 41 44 53 60 67 91 90.2


    CFC spent 86m more than us last season

  5. #105

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumorn View Post
    probably double.
    so why didn't it make a difference last season? why didn't Chelski or Liverpool finish above us.

    You keep mentioning wages as if it's the main way you measure a teams success when compared to it's rivals but your argument is flawed on so many levels. Actually, as well as being flawed you also contradict yourself.

    Didn't you say you felt this season was more successful than last season? you then talk about wages as an Figbird for Arsenal finishing above us but last season we finished above 2 teams with a higher wage bill and this season we finished above just one (Liverpool) So going by your argument, you should be considering last season a bigger success.

  6. #106

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    so why didn't it make a difference last season? why didn't Liverpool finish above us.

    You keep mentioning wages as if it's the main way you measure a teams success when compared to it's rivals but your argument is flawed on so many levels. Actually, as well as being flawed you also contradict yourself.

    Didn't you say you felt this season was more successful than last season? you then talk about wages as an Figbird for Arsenal finishing above us but last season we finished above 2 teams with a higher wage bill and this season we finished above just one (Liverpool) So going by your argument, you should be considering last season a bigger success.
    If money spent on wages and transfer fees aren't influencing where teams finish in the league why do you want Levy to spend more money?

  7. #107

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    so why didn't it make a difference last season? why didn't Liverpool finish above us.

    You keep mentioning wages as if it's the main way you measure a teams success when compared to it's rivals but your argument is flawed on so many levels. Actually, as well as being flawed you also contradict yourself.

    Didn't you say you felt this season was more successful than last season? you then talk about wages as an Figbird for Arsenal finishing above us but last season we finished above 2 teams with a higher wage bill and this season we finished above just one (Liverpool) So going by your argument, you should be considering last season a bigger success.

    There is a positive correlation between increased wages and an increased finish position in the table, however that does not mean there are not outliers.

  8. #108

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by braineclipse View Post
    If money spent on wages and transfer fees aren't influencing where teams finish in the league why do you want Levy to spend more money?
    Where did i say transfer fees? and my point is that it's not as big a reason as Mumorn continuously likes to point out. I would have thought the point was obvious enough.

  9. #109

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    so why didn't it make a difference last season? why didn't Chelski or Liverpool finish above us.

    You keep mentioning wages as if it's the main way you measure a teams success when compared to it's rivals but your argument is flawed on so many levels. Actually, as well as being flawed you also contradict yourself.

    Didn't you say you felt this season was more successful than last season? you then talk about wages as an Figbird for Arsenal finishing above us but last season we finished above 2 teams with a higher wage bill and this season we finished above just one (Liverpool) So going by your argument, you should be considering last season a bigger success.
    I never said it was a problem. I was just simply saying that it technically cost 52m to finish a point above us. I never said that is WHY they finished above us, they finished above us because they were better than us over 38 games. We finished above Liverpool and Chelsea last year because we were better over 38 games.

    It's why I think we've done brilliantly despite not spending as big as some of our rivals.

  10. #110
    Jimmy McCormick Jurgen the German's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mexico..All's I'm saying
    Posts
    11,692

    Re: We blew it!

    Last season was a bottlejob, absolutely no doubt about it.

    This year is not a collapse, but I'm of the opinion that whilst Arsenal have done very well to catch us, we ourselves have handed it to them also, It's a combination of the two. The fact is, we didn't do enough. Ok we didn't lose many games in 2013, but the results against Fulham, Wigan and Liverpool really did cost us. We should have got so much confidence after beating scum, but all it did was fire THEM up and we lost 3 of the next 4 games in all comps. The Liverpool result was a classic example of Spurs shooting themselves in the foot, we shouldn't have even drawn that game let alone lost it.

  11. #111

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    Where did i say transfer fees? and my point is that it's not as big a reason as Mumorn continuously likes to point out. I would have thought the point was obvious enough.
    So you're saying that money spent on transfer fees does influence league position, but money spent on wages doesn't?

    The correlation between money spent and league position has been shown and it's significant.

  12. #112

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spursalot View Post
    There is a positive correlation between increased wages and an increased finish position in the table, however that does not mean there are not outliers.
    You're missing the point. Literally every opportunity, Mumorn likes to point to wages in comparison to opposition so it's obvious he places great importance on this . Ok that's fine, but if it's as he likes to point out then i fail to see how he also feels this season was better than last when we finished above 2 teams who spent more than us last seas on compared to one.

  13. #113

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by braineclipse View Post
    So you're saying that money spent on transfer fees does influence league position, but money spent on wages doesn't?

    The correlation between money spent and league position has been shown and it's significant.
    I've explained it above.

  14. #114

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    You're missing the point. Literally every opportunity, Mumorn likes to point to wages in comparison to opposition so it's obvious he places great importance on this . Ok that's fine, but if it's as he likes to point out then i fail to see how he also feels this season was better than last when we finished above 2 teams who spent more than us last seas on compared to one.
    So becaues Momorn places great importance on money spent as a deciding factor in league positions he must thus use how many higher spending teams we finish ahead of in the league as the only measurement to judge our performances in a season?

  15. #115

    Re: We blew it!

    you know whats scary??? it might take 76-78 points to get into the CL next season because Chelsea will have Mourinho plus 100 mill extra worth of players, **** are said to be spending some of the 80 mill in their bank account.

    is it possible that Man Utd, City, Chelsea and **** could all finish with more than 76 points??? i think it might be

  16. #116

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by braineclipse View Post
    So becaues Momorn places great importance on money spent as a deciding factor in league positions he must thus use how many higher spending teams we finish ahead of in the league as the only measurement to judge our performances in a season?
    Money spent? you mean wages spent?

    If someone goes on about something numerous times, you can safely assume he values this higher than other other measuring tools. If that's the case then he should compare seasons based on the tool that he considers to be the most important. He likes to point on countless occasions about wages ...ok fine.....but doesn't use this argument to analyse last seasons performance. This season it's pointed out after finishing below Arsenal...last season it's not mentioned despite finishing about a team that pays double our wages.

  17. #117

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    Money spent? you mean wages spent?

    If someone goes on about something numerous times, you can safely assume he values this higher than other other measuring tools. If that's the case then he should compare seasons based on the tool that he considers to be the most important. He likes to point on countless occasions about wages ...ok fine.....but doesn't use this argument to analyse last seasons performance. This season it's pointed out after finishing below Arsenal...last season it's not mentioned despite finishing about a team that pays double our wages.
    Do you not see absolutely anything positive about Spurs this season?

  18. #118

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by diego_maradona View Post
    Do you not see absolutely anything positive about Spurs this season?
    Don't do that Diego. I pointed out numerous positive things in the other thread so please just read that post.

  19. #119

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post
    Money spent? you mean wages spent?

    If someone goes on about something numerous times, you can safely assume he values this higher than other other measuring tools. If that's the case then he should compare seasons based on the tool that he considers to be the most important. He likes to point on countless occasions about wages ...ok fine.....but doesn't use this argument to analyse last seasons performance. This season it's pointed out after finishing below Arsenal...last season it's not mentioned despite finishing about a team that pays double our wages.
    Or you could assume that he thinks that this is something that relative to other factors isn't considered enough by others so he finds it appropriate to bring it up.

    Or you could assume that this above other factors is something that he for whatever reasons finds interesting, so he brings it up.

    Or you could assume that he feels that this is a good way to apply some context to the situation we find ourselves in.

    Or you could assume that you're mistaken about how often he brings it up compared to other factors.

    And I meant money spent in total including wages and transfer fees because I have no reason to believe that he thinks only wages are important.

  20. #120

    Re: We blew it!

    Quote Originally Posted by braineclipse View Post
    Or you could assume that he thinks that this is something that relative to other factors isn't considered enough by others so he finds it appropriate to bring it up.

    Or you could assume that this above other factors is something that he for whatever reasons finds interesting, so he brings it up.

    Or you could assume that he feels that this is a good way to apply some context to the situation we find ourselves in.

    Or you could assume that you're mistaken about how often he brings it up compared to other factors.

    And I meant money spent in total including wages and transfer fees because I have no reason to believe that he thinks only wages are important.
    ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •