• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Never been convinced by him from anything I've seen. Fail to see what he can bring other than taking over from Mason the mantle of the squads weakest player.

Yes as suspected, the amount that we are willing to pay for players and the amount the clubs want tend to be MILES apart, particularly players from the Premier League.

His current deal has 4 years to go, no chance in hell he leaves for £15m.

as per their forum talk of a release clause

"
f there's a release clause of £15m, i don't think we have much say in whether we accept or not.

If there isn't a clause, I agree, £15m is madness."

He's a talented player - I don't think there's any doubt about that - very good technically with pace and skill. However his decision making is quite poor - hence his inconsistency - similar to N'koudou & N'Jie then...

Plenty of raw talent to harness there from what I've seen.

I would say he's possibly an upgrade on N'Jie, less so Chadli/Son who both, despite their faults, had an output last year in terms of goals/assists. Would Zaha hit that level?

I think N'Koudou will take N'Jie's place in the squad. I wonder whether Poch is looking to swap Chadli/Son for an alternative who would also be a better fit at filling in as the number 9?

My thoughts precisely. If you look at this in isolation of the N'koudou/Njie deal and assume its Chadli out, Zaha in, then the prices will be more or less similar, Zaha is 3 years younger (and would be a home-grown player), Zaha can fill in up top, Zaha works harder and is quicker. The arguments for Chadli is that his final ball is probably better and he's better in the air.

Effectively swapping Chadli for Zaha makes sense to me

He's a talented player - I don't think there's any doubt about that - very good technically with pace and skill. However his decision making is quite poor - hence his inconsistency - similar to N'koudou & N'Jie then...

Plenty of raw talent to harness there from what I've seen.

I would say he's possibly an upgrade on N'Jie, less so Chadli/Son who both, despite their faults, had an output last year in terms of goals/assists. Would Zaha hit that level?

That's a fair question; i my opinion we have to also factor he has been under Pardew who is the graveyard manager for strikers and most attacking players

I would say the thing we miss at the moment is unpredictability and someone in the final third who can beat a man one-on-one (Dembele is really the only player we have) this will resolve this.

and £15M in this market it nothing.

My thoughts precisely. If you look at this in isolation of the N'koudou/Njie deal and assume its Chadli out, Zaha in, then the prices will be more or less similar, Zaha is 3 years younger (and would be a home-grown player), Zaha can fill in up top, Zaha works harder and is quicker. The arguments for Chadli is that his final ball is probably better and he's better in the air.

Effectively swapping Chadli for Zaha makes sense to me

Chadli scores more goals too. Zaha's goal output is very poor over his career thus far.

If we do the following in the remainder of the window it will be a real success:
- Lopez in
- Nkoudou / Njie deals
- Chadli out, zaha in
- Mason out, another CM in

My biggest concern is the last one - it feels like we're leaving ourselves short in CM

Back