• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

It leaves us very unbalanced. 8 senior AMs, but only 2 players who can play CF
Who are the 8 AMs? I can only count Son, Moura, Ali, Zaha, Lamela and Eriksen who play as part of the attacking 3 or 4 and even then both Ali and Eriksen can play deeper.

I do hope we’re not making transfer decisions and choosing to hold fire based on the fact that N’Koudou is still at Spurs? Because if we are then we are only going to go backwards.

Zaha Kane Son
Alli Eriksen
Dier
Davies Vertonghen Sanchez Trippier
Lloris
Would work for me

Moura and Lamela available off the bench/rotational options for Zaha and Son

Winks/Onomah/Dembele/Sissoko as options for Alli and Eriksen

Wanyama for Dier

I think it'd make a lot of sense
Im really quite keen to see us set up like this as i think it gets 5 dangerous attacking players on the pitch together and yet doesn't on paper appear to be congested - the wide men capable of stretching play and also coming inside, the deeper two lethal from range/good short passing game with Dele able to ghost in to the box and Eriksen on the edge finding pockets of space to pull the strings - would be a nightmare to defend against, even for bus parkers

Ive posted almost exactly the same team, albeit Im not a fan of Son on the right, and for pretty much the same reasons.

I think Alli and Eriksen more central will be amazing, and it allows for an extra attacking body on the field.

And between Son/Zaha let and Lamela/Moura right, we have some distinct options to set up against other sides or change things from the bench.

Who are the 8 AMs? I can only count Son, Moura, Ali, Zaha, Lamela and Eriksen who play as part of the attacking 3 or 4 and even then both Ali and Eriksen can play deeper.

I do hope we’re not making transfer decisions and choosing to hold fire based on the fact that N’Koudou is still at Spurs? Because if we are then we are only going to go backwards.

Why even bother? You know itll be an overly rigid definition of each player (not including any nuance at all, and probably based on 5 years ago) that nobody will agree with, or itll be a bunch of academy prospects we all know wont get a look in.

Yes. He has removed CPFC from his Instagram bio, and then started liking posts by our Aurier - clearly he is now joining imminently.

Oh, hang on, you said real links, so maybe not?

But then, considering what counts as a link these days - maybe?!
I think liking a post of Auriers means nothing, especially being international teammates. But why would he unfollow Crystal Palace? That’s weird,and something that has been done before when a player is in process of leaving club....

Sissy and Nkoudou are the other two. £45m worth of player and not small wages too

I think liking a post of Auriers means nothing, especially being international teammates. But why would he unfollow Crystal Palace? That’s weird,and something that has been done before when a player is in process of leaving club....

Fat fingers? His kids got hold of his phone?

@billyiddo has posted a good alternative lineup, it illustrates the options made available to Poch with our current squad plus Zaha.

@billyiddo too I am converted. Alli and Eriksen probably like playing further forward but it makes sense if they can run the game deeper and ghost into the box to make us more of an attacking threat. Something we miss with Dembele, Wanyama even Dier playing CM.

From Auriers tweet (and what a idiot for tweeting it I'm sure the club will have words) it would seem that everyone including the player want it to happen. CP holding out for as much as poss. I think Zaha has too much respect for Hodgson to cause a stir.

Both clubs will probably agree everything over the next couple of days... then Levy will say "Of course, we'll only pay 5% up front and if we win 10 games at home this year, you pay us 5% of the fee back, and if we finish in the top half you need to pay a further £4m and .... and ..."

Maybe Aurier just wants to wind people up with random cryptic messages on social media, just for the fun of it? Stranger things have happened. He seems like a joker after all.

Sissy and Nkoudou are the other two. £45m worth of player and not small wages too
Did Sissoko,play a single game as one of the attacking 4 players? It seemed to me that he either played as one of the deepest 2 midfielders or on a couple of occasions on the right of a midfield diamond. To call him one of our AMs is stretching things I think.

As for N’Koudou.... well I’m sure he will leave the club one way or the other (probably back to France on loan after the end of the PL window).

Did Sissoko,play a single game as one of the attacking 4 players? It seemed to me that he either played as one of the deepest 2 midfielders or on a couple of occasions on the right of a midfield diamond. To call him one of our AMs is stretching things I think.

As for N’Koudou.... well I’m sure he will leave the club one way or the other (probably back to France on loan after the end of the PL window).

I thought Sissy always played AM, apart from maybe once or twice in early round cup games. Poch generally doesn't trust him in CM. He generally does the Lamela high press role, just without any of Lamela's abilities with a ball

GB you know Sissoko is the one on the left!!
b1ec8724ab1b7f891cac96c075038865.jpg

Maybe Aurier just wants to wind people up with random cryptic messages on social media, just for the fun of it? Stranger things have happened. He seems like a joker after all.
I loved the one he did about how not to take a throw in...

Back