• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Totally hear what you're saying. My point is not that we shouldn't spend money on that role, it's more about who we're spending it on.

I still think Martial is the main target cuz of his versatility and ability, but I wouldn't rule Pulisic out either. Both those players would cost something around 50-70 mil, and both would be worthy additions IMO.

Also, if you sign a younger player, you get the added benefit of them being able to grow into the role in the next few years. Zaha is already the finished article at 25.
I agree that Martial is the main target. However I think he would cost at least £70 million and probably more. Pulisic is also likely to be closer to £70 million than £50 million, with no guatentees that he would make it in England.

I agree that Martial is the main target. However I think he would cost at least £70 million and probably more. Pulisic is also likely to be closer to £70 million than £50 million, with no guatentees that he would make it in England.

That's fair. 70 mil seems like the going rate for Zaha, Pulisic, and Martial. I actually just read quite an interesting article about Poch potentially switching to a Pep-style 4-1-4-1 next season, which might explain our rumoured interest in adding another winger like Zaha, even though we already have Son, Moura, and Lamela who can play out there.

Definitely worth a read.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/tottenham-will-pochettino-go-4-1-4-1-this-season

This is how desperate our transfer activity has become? All Zaha has done is like a post of Auriers, they are international team mates after all...

10 days left and not a single signing all summer, for give me for being a little concerned

I have not checked myself but if Zaha actually "liked" it then that would be interesting

I don't have Instagram, so can't check, but judging from the comments from people with Instagram, who can check who likes what, that seems to be the case!

I quite like Zaha, but not sure how we would fit him in, to be honest.

10 days left and not a single signing all summer, for give me for being a little concerned
I am concerned too mate, but that Instagram post tells us nothing. Lost count of the amount of times there’s some cryptic post that ends up meaning naff all....

Well if they are pals - which it seems they are from international duty - then it could be. That or Aurier is The Goat. That beard...!

Last edited:
Just to take this quote in isolation. I don’t think I would sell any of the 4 you mention for as little as £70 million and therefore I’m not sure we should expect players who cost that, or less, to walk into our first team. Currently if Son doesn’t play there is a VERY big step down to N’Koudou. I would like a player who can challenge Son for a place on the left side of our attack. Whether or not that is Zaha I’m not sure, but we’ll struggle to get one for less than £60 to £70 million.

If Son doesn't play then we can put Lamela or Moura on the left, Eriksen and Alli have also played on the left at times though I agree it's not their best position. If someone isn't available then we also need to show some flexibility to change our style/formation and not play the same way every time or else you become predictable.

if he was leaving surely palace would want this concluded sooner rather than later so they can buy some players and for that matter they don't seem to be linked to anyone.

if he was leaving surely palace would want this concluded sooner rather than later so they can buy some players and for that matter they don't seem to be linked to anyone.

You would think so, but Levy would know that too.

Comes down then to who blinks first. Palace will want a price and will hold out, Levy will want to pay less and will hold out.

Its about that time the player goes public to try and make things happen...

You would think so, but Levy would know that too.

Comes down then to who blinks first. Palace will want a price and will hold out, Levy will want to pay less and will hold out.

Its about that time the player goes public to try and make things happen...

Out of respect to Palace I don't think he should or needs to. If it true he has fallen out with Parrish then I'd guess it's because he has told Parrish that he want to move and join a CL club or a club aiming to win the title if an acceptable offer comes in. So it's a case of let me go if that offer comes in and if it doesn't then I will stay and do my best for Palace. That's fair enough imo. Then it's up to the likes of Chelski, City, Spurs etc to get their arses in gear and start negotiating with Palace.

Back