• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Re: Zaha...hahaha - if this move comes off

The way he speaks about not wanting to play for England speaks volumes of his attitude.

Overrated IMO.

The way he speaks about not wanting to play for England speaks volumes of his attitude.

Overrated IMO.

What has he said about not wanting to play for England? What does that say about his attitude?

He wants to play or Ivory Coast above England. Big fish in a small pond mentality IMO is what he's after here.

He wants to play or Ivory Coast above England. Big fish in a small pond mentality IMO is what he's after here.

Have you actually watched England ? I wouldnt want to play for them either.

Weird one this. he's often talked about in the media as a striker but from all I've seen and heard he plays more of a wide right position.
Perfect understudy to Lennon, I reckon.

£10m seems a bit steep for a player unproved outside the Championship, but, well we all know the counter arguments.
I am though willing to wager that if he was coming from Brazil or Spain most on here would think £10m was a great bit of business.

I think I'm in favour.

Surely we just need to structure it like £5m up front and extras if he plays 50 games, scores 10 goals, plays internationals, blah blah - so we only end up paying a lot if he is as good as they say he is.

Dear GHod.

Yes how dare he play for the country his parents are from:lol:

Indeed, and to be fair, Ivory Coast are a more exciting side to watch, regardless of the fact that I absolutely understand why he would want to play for them given his parents.
EDIT: And his own birth place!

Surely it's every professional footballers dream to get knocked out in the Quarter Finals of a World Cup.

England or Ivory Coast? Not really a hard decision is it? Really? Lol jokers some of you.

If he was born in IC then that's the only country he should be eligible to play or IMO so that's fair enough I didn't realise he was.

England or Ivory Coast? Not really a hard decision is it? Really? Lol jokers some of you.

If he was born in IC then that's the only country he should be eligible to play or IMO so that's fair enough I didn't realise he was.

What if he just feels a stronger connection to the Ivory Coast than to England and it's just an emotional decision for him? I can't see how you can fault a player for that. If he chooses a country where he'll have to make long haul flights for every international, play in often run down stadiums across Africa I can't see how he can be accused of making the choice that is the easy way out.

As for ambitions. Considering that the ACN is every two years and that the level of competition there is quite a bit lower than in the Euros I would think that it's more likely that he would win something with them than with England during his career. That's not the full picture of course, but it's not as one sided as you make out.

Have seen next to nothing of him. I'm very wary of him being massively overhyped but I think we desperately need to get an understudy to Lennon in for the beginning of next season and if our scouts and AVB rate him enough then I would put my faith in their abilities to spot a player.

It would also be marvellous to fudge over United twice in one window. We have already beaten them at OT and cheekily grabbed Fryers, it would be so sweet if in a months time we doubled both of those feats by tying down Zaha and beating them again at the Lane. Not particularly optimistic about either though!

As long as they a player has lived in a country for long enough then it is totally acceptable for them to represent that country IMO. Out of interest, do you think Mo Farah should have been made to represent Somalia at the Olympics?

Not really.

I was born in Hong Kong, should i have been made to play for China and China only?

My parents are English, my grandparents are English, my great grandparent are English. I was only in Hong Kong for 2-3 years as well.

Back