• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

more physicality for one.
mind you nkoudou's cameo is just that,now that he's a known entity, he will be be getting some close attention by better footballers than what he was up against.
zaha's been battling it day in day out against the best of them. if poch opts for him, you've got to admit that he has lots of evidence to base his decision on.

more physicality for one.
mind you nkoudou's cameo is just that,now that he's a known entity, he will be be getting some close attention by better footballers than what he was up against.
zaha's been battling it day in day out against the best of them. if poch opts for him, you've got to admit that he has lots of evidence to base his decision on.

On the other side whereas Crystal Palace wingers usually play a counter attacking style with plenty of space to attack someone like Nkoudou has to deal with limited space much more often as teams sit back and defend deep against us much more often.

Plenty of evidence to see what Zaha can do at a PL level. A lot less evidence to see what he can do week in week out in our style against our opposition.

On the other side whereas Crystal Palace wingers usually play a counter attacking style with plenty of space to attack someone like Nkoudou has to deal with limited space much more often as teams sit back and defend deep against us much more often.

Plenty of evidence to see what Zaha can do at a PL level. A lot less evidence to see what he can do week in week out in our style against our opposition.
Zaha has genuine skill ie can beat defenders from a stand still position. Although he has pace he doesn't have to rely on it to beat a man which is what we need because as you mention teams tend to sit deep against us.....

Zaha has genuine skill ie can beat defenders from a stand still position. Although he has pace he doesn't have to rely on it to beat a man which is what we need because as you mention teams tend to sit deep against us.....

Straight beating a man with skill is obviously always going to be useful. When you get to play on the counter attack you're likely going to have space to run into when you do that. When you play against teams that sit back more often than not there's going to be a covering player that you also have to beat. Or you have to use that little bit of space you created with your skill with purpose by delivering a good pass, final ball, shot or whatever.

Generally (imo) space isn't created by beating a man with skill, but space is exploited very well in this manner. Quick passing and movement is more likely to create space. Of course there will be situations in every match where you can create space with skill and exceptional players can of course do this fairly often. But most players who rely on their skill to beat a player still need space to exploit to properly use that skill to their advantage.

Zaha is decent enough on his day but as others have said N'Koudou has impressed in his cameos and really needs to be giving a longer spell on the pitch to see what he can do do.

I think GKN is probably just as useful as Zaha, hopefully more so, but I don't think a performance against a non league side should be used to draw conclusions.

GKN obviously delivered the cross for Davies' goal but I think the Welshman had quite a bit to do to turn it into a goal scoring opportunity, it wasn't as definitive a cross as Trippier's against Watford for example, just my tuppence worth.

I think GKN is probably just as useful as Zaha, hopefully more so, but I don't think a performance against a non league side should be used to draw conclusions.

GKN obviously delivered the cross for Davies' goal but I think the Welshman had quite a bit to do to turn it into a goal scoring opportunity, it wasn't as definitive a cross as Trippier's against Watford for example, just my tuppence worth.
It wasn't just the cross though, all his contributions were pretty positive IMO. Who knows how he'll turn out but so far so good.

It wasn't just the cross though, all his contributions were pretty positive IMO. Who knows how he'll turn out but so far so good.

absolutely, fair play, he beat what was in front of him, thats all he could do

but, lets not forget what was in front of him, was it still alan hutton at that point?

I didn't think he'd be a bad signing but not for the money they would want.
If we're after a player of that ilk then I'd much rather Adama Traore. Coming from Barcelona he's obviously going to have some technical ability, he's got good feet, can go either way and is ridiculously quick. I'd be very happy if we signed him.

I didn't think he'd be a bad signing but not for the money they would want.
If we're after a player of that ilk then I'd much rather Adama Traore. Coming from Barcelona he's obviously going to have some technical ability, he's got good feet, can go either way and is ridiculously quick. I'd be very happy if we signed him.

Problem with him is that his decision-making is truly, abysmally bad. Can run and dribble all day, but his passing and instincts when it comes to releasing the ball...just nothing there.

Problem with him is that his decision-making is truly, abysmally bad. Can run and dribble all day, but his passing and instincts when it comes to releasing the ball...just nothing there.
I heard that at Aston villa, but I haven't seen any of that from what I've seen of him at Boro.

same was said about dembele and to a certain extent walker too.
we can't afford the finished article, so we buy potential.

Back