• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

I have the opposite view. Zaha is a talent, a bit of a gamble for sure but Poch knows what we need and is confident of delivering.

But why didn't we get Mane instead?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Poch may see scope for improvement but I am becoming more sceptical that Zaha is worth the cost or is likely to fit our play, largely as:
1. He loses possession too often.
2. Doesn't score enough goals.
3. Ineffective tracking
4. Seems to go loco if doesn't get a free kick, discipline?
5. Technically struggle to play as an inverted winger, as unable to go both ways.

He was awful today against Arsenal, Townsend was far more effective and we sold him fo £13m. Now Zaha is up for £20m.

Poch may see scope for improvement but I am becoming more sceptical that Zaha is worth the cost or is likely to fit our play, largely as:
1. He loses possession too often.
2. Doesn't score enough goals.
3. Ineffective tracking
4. Seems to go loco if doesn't get a free kick, discipline?
5. Technically struggle to play as an inverted winger, as unable to go both ways.

He was awful today against Arsenal, Townsend was far more effective and we sold him fo £13m. Now Zaha is up for £20m.

(1) , (3) and (4) are all trainable.
(2) Goals ... we don't rely on a single player, you could say the same about Eriksen and Dembele
(5) inverted wingers was Poch's favourtie approach initially but you can see that as he progresses as a manager he is introducing other variations. in our most recent games we are scoring with assists directly from the flanks.

stats : zaha vs townsend (squawka)
  • total appearnaces 18 for both
  • goals: 3 vs 1
  • shot accuracy: 69% vs35%
  • chance created: 22 vs 23
  • avg pass accuracy: 80% vs 78%

Just based on these Zaha beats townsend offensively. Maybe there are better players out there instead of Zaha, but selling Townsend is the right decision.

(1) , (3) and (4) are all trainable.
(2) Goals ... we don't rely on a single player, you could say the same about Eriksen and Dembele
(5) inverted wingers was Poch's favourtie approach initially but you can see that as he progresses as a manager he is introducing other variations. in our most recent games we are scoring with assists directly from the flanks.

stats : zaha vs townsend (squawka)
  • total appearnaces 18 for both
  • goals: 3 vs 1
  • shot accuracy: 69% vs35%
  • chance created: 22 vs 23
  • avg pass accuracy: 80% vs 78%

Just based on these Zaha beats townsend offensively. Maybe there are better players out there instead of Zaha, but selling Townsend is the right decision.
Which 18 games are you citing?
How many minutes on pitch?
How about we take a career average, as being more representative?
Wonder what these are?
It may have been right to move Townsend on, as for Poch his work rate and tracking are awful too, but offensively Zaha is not likely to be a better move forwards, IMO.

Which 18 games are you citing?
How many minutes on pitch?
How about we take a career average, as being more representative?
Wonder what these are?
It may have been right to move Townsend on, as for Poch his work rate and tracking are awful too, but offensively Zaha is not likely to be a better move forwards, IMO.

its from squawka:

http://www.squawka.com/players/wilf...eason-2016/2017#641#all-matches#1-19#by-match

http://www.squawka.com/players/andr...eason-2016/2017#641#all-matches#1-19#by-match

but happy to discuss other comparable stats around these two if you have them. IMO townsend is not the better player, and he had the chance of working under poch who is great with young talents

I think GKN would look very good for Palace. Perhaps better than Zaha? Chadli would be one of their best players for sure. Never mind our actual the players we actually have competing for a regular starting place for us.

I am still missing Pritchard, have been told that if Brighton get promoted Hughton will go back in for him.

Yes, really thought he was going to be the next big thing to rise through the ranks. Disappointed when he sold him after his great loan spell at Brentford,but obviously the club saw something in him (or lack of something) that made them sell, and tbh he doesnt appear to have been ripping up trees with Norwich so far.
So maybe they did the right thing cashing in while his value had risen

He looked very ordinary for Norwich against Brentford

Alex Neil has really lost the plot mind.

We have sold a few youngster and not been embarrassed by any of them coming good, so I too would trust the clubs judgement on this one. Just goes to show sometimes your best going to a club really suited to your style rather then a club you think will go straight back up to the prem. Norwich were playing him as a winger earlier in the season which really is not his best position.

Back