• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your Favourite Moment as a Spurs Fan

COYS

Allan Nielsen
Well as it's that boring pre-season period when all we can worry about is speculation and can't expect a first signing for at least another month, I thought we could all take a trip on the nostalgia train and look back at our favourite moments as a Spurs fan.

For me as a young Spurs fan it has to be between winning the Carling Cup in 2008 or seeing Peter Crouch head that ball in to the net at Eastlands in 2010. I also had some real great moments watching Spurs in the Champions League, and I also loved it when Danny Rose scored that beauty against Arsenal. 2010 was a good year to be a Spurs fan :)

What's yours?

1. Seeing Ledley King lift a trophy
2. Coming from behind at Emirates to win 3-2
3. Qualifying for the Champions League at Eastlands
4. Beating AC Milan at the San Siro

some of my favourites.

When we won the FA Cup in 1991, seemed like an incredible journey to the final as it was my first year supporting us.

Before 1990, I'd never been 'that' in to football, I was young and as neither of my parents are huge fans, I'd never really been born in to a footballing household.

I remember the excitement that was had from watching Gascoigne's performances. I remember highlights of the match against Oxford, at the end they had extended footage of Gascoigne dancing around the Oxford players to the tune of 'Unbelievable' by EMF.

Then to the wonderful 'Schoolboys own stuff' commentary as Gascoigne's beautiful Free Kick reached its intended destination; the back of David Seaman's goal.

The final was the end of a journey, me becoming a Spurs fan, and Spurs bringing me and all other supporters true delight. I didn't realise at the time that that wouldn't enjoy that same success for another 20+ years but wow! Winning the Cup & the Cup run are definitely my favourite Spurs moments :)

When Roberts scored the equaliser in the 84 final, has to be one of my best moments as a Spurs fan.

Coming from behind at anfield 1995 sheringhams wonderful curling shot and klinsmanns winner is one of my top moments. Iversens lob v Wimbledon taking us to wembley, and then getting both a cup final ticket and arsenal ticket after queuing for 5 hours at WHL.

Ginola v Chelsea, Leeds, Barnsely and Utd in the cup run 99... He got pfa and writers in Utds treble season. Wonderful player.

Coming from behind at anfield 1995 sheringhams wonderful curling shot and klinsmanns winner is one of my top moments. Iversens lob v Wimbledon taking us to wembley, and then getting both a cup final ticket and arsenal ticket after queuing for 5 hours at WHL.

Ginola v Chelsea, Leeds, Barnsely and Utd in the cup run 99... He got pfa and writers in Utds treble season. Wonderful player.

Weird that anfield 95 for me was also one my favourite ever memories fuvk knows why in hindsight as we didn't win cup but was just a brilliant day from start to finish.

It was also a pretty decent moment when Parks saved the penalty to win it.

Wasn't it?

I seem to remember a tear or two.

Strangely, as good as winning Cups has been, one of my favourite moments was at home to Hull, last home game of our season in Div 2.
Victory almost assured us of an immediate return to Div 1, but in typical Spurs fashion, we made hard work of it. Stevie Perryman eventually bundling the ball home late on for a 1-0.

We had a good old fashioned pitch invasion at the end, during which I lost my mates, only to find them again on the platform at seven sisters later.

Brilliant night.

And the days we used to take the North Bank were good too................:oops:

Purely Spurs-related, it would have to be Crouch's header at Eastlands on that beautiful, dream-filled night. For one wondrous moment, the possibilities seemed limitless and all was right with the world.

From a still Spurs-related but more general football fan's perspective, though, it would have to be the response to Muamba's collapse onto the WHL turf. It's very easy to grow disillusioned with modern football: the unmitigated greed, the loss of identity, the exorbitant wages of the players pulling them away from the fans they are supposed to represent. But here, for one moment, all of that didn't matter. For one moment, every last shred of loathing was torn away, and the great masses of football united in prayer for one young man locked into a life-or-death struggle. Managers, players, fans, chairmen, it didn't matter. It felt like the entire football world stopped and hoped against hope that ab unfulfilled life wasn't extinguished on the green grass of the Lane. And when the news came through that he was going to pull through...I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear or two. Because my abiding memory of that day will be hearing the fans all around White Hart Lane, furiously chanting Muamba's name as he was carried off the pitch, tribal loyalties be damned. Spurs or Bolton, it didn't matter: what mattered was sharing a common humanity, if only for a moment.

That day helped restore a little bit of my faith in the inherent goodness of football. And Tottenham Hotspur's response to that ordeal: the response of everyone, from fans to players to physios to the management.... made me immensely, immensely proud of the club I love.

Wasn't it?

I seem to remember a tear or two.

Strangely, as good as winning Cups has been, one of my favourite moments was at home to Hull, last home game of our season in Div 2.
Victory almost assured us of an immediate return to Div 1, but in typical Spurs fashion, we made hard work of it. Stevie Perryman eventually bundling the ball home late on for a 1-0.

We had a good old fashioned pitch invasion at the end, during which I lost my mates, only to find them again on the platform at seven sisters later.

Brilliant night.

:

Hell yes i remember that, we had been by far the best team most of that season but hit the skids in the run in ( only winning one of the six games before Hull and losing three of them), i really thought we were going to blow it and until Steve scored we were brick in that game as well.

I can't believe getting 4th spot in the league is best moment for some. It was just a step up the ladder to me.

I can't believe getting 4th spot in the league is best moment for some. It was just a step up the ladder to me.

Well, in my time supporting Spurs, the three 'positive' highlights have been the '99 League Cup, the 2008 League Cup and qualifying for the CL in 2010.

I'd certainly rate qualifying for the CL and making that tangible step up as the best moment I've experienced so far. I remember sitting in an airport lounge that summer, on my way to a work assignment, and catching a glimpse of a 'Champions' magazine, the official UEFA CL equivalent of FourFourTwo. I wandered over, and was amazed to see that it featured a two page interview with Ledley and an overview of our history and CL prospects.Our logo, right next to Barca's and Madrid's. It was a marvellous feeling, that sense of finally being among the big boys again.

The point I was trying to make is that it's the biggest step forward Spurs have taken in my time supporting the club, and so bears remembering.

It was an emotional night, it just meant so much to the club, its certainly up there, but for me it still has to be seeing Tony Parks save 'that' penalty and seeing him run off celebrating. Still gives me goosebumps now as I type this.

It wasn't a step up the ladder it was a fudging jump. For me it showed that our club could now challenge with the best and we were now a team to fear and take note of. I'm sure we're going to have better moments in relation to Europe in the future, but in my life that was a wonderful moment.

Back