• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your controversial Spurs views

No literally. I'll turn it down because either I'm reading ITK flimflam or one of you is wrong. There is a 'no computer in bed' rule in place now.

Get an iPhone, dim down the contrast and turn the other way . . .

The new mobile version of the site is mustard

duty_calls.png

Get an iPhone, dim down the contrast and turn the other way . . .

The new mobile version of the site is mustard

Love the idea, but she's a wily competitor and a very light sleeper. The sound of my finger scrolling the screen would wake her up.

re Ginola, I think you had to go to Spurs games regularly to appreciate quite how good he was. There was a 6 month period in the season he won the (independantly awarded !!) players player of the year and football writers player of the year awards, where he was unplayable, almost everytime he got the ball on the halfway line he'd beat 2 or 3 men and before you knew it we were at the opponents penalty area, he'd either be shooting himself or crossing. It's a great fallacy that he was inconsistent, you knew exactly what he'd do when he got the ball each time, as mentioned above!

I think Huddelstone is an extremly good squad player, Utd for example would love it if he was on thier books.

Chick King is quality !

Venables quite rightly prioritised FA Cup glory over consolidating a mid table finish (we were never going down that year!). The game is about Glory, the FA cup win and semi v arsenal is still remembered to this day, not just by Spurs fans.

I thought getting Ramos in was going to be amazing, I was right up until we won something, then what happened after is inexplicable to me!

re Ginola, I think you had to go to Spurs games regularly to appreciate quite how good he was. There was a 6 month period in the season he won the (independantly awarded !!) players player of the year and football writers player of the year awards, where he was unplayable, almost everytime he got the ball on the halfway line he'd beat 2 or 3 men and before you knew it we were at the opponents penalty area, he'd either be shooting himself or crossing. It's a great fallacy that he was inconsistent, you knew exactly what he'd do when he got the ball each time, as mentioned above!

I think Huddelstone is an extremly good squad player, Utd for example would love it if he was on thier books.

Chick King is quality !

Venables quite rightly prioritised FA Cup glory over consolidating a mid table finish (we were never going down that year!). The game is about Glory, the FA cup win and semi v arsenal is still remembered to this day, not just by Spurs fans.

I thought getting Ramos in was going to be amazing, I was right up until we won something, then what happened after is inexplicable to me!

totally agree on ginola. hes a legend because he was worth the ticket fee on his own. one of my favourite games was when he took on steve stone down the right, all match he tinkled all over him until stone got so wound up he kicked out and got himself sent off. ginola then proceeded to destroy forest all by himself, was a shame it was only 2-0.

he was a beautiful player, a true spurs player. the game v man utd when he tore them a new arsehole, and we went on a cup run ending in victory? how can anyone say he wasnt deserving of those awards?

as i said earlier, this whole thread is for contrary dingdongheads.

you sure about that second bit?

even more so than Kaboul

Truth, is that really you?

I thought Kaboul was one of our better players last year.

I really don't see what others see in VdV. My main issues with him are these:

1. He's quite clearly a striker - he doesn't offer anything in the other two thirds of the pitch, as far as I'm concerned, despite the pretence i.e. pointlessly taking the ball off the centre backs or making that one sliding tackle per game. He got 6 assists last season - which puts him about 20th in the assists chart - and doesn't, to me anyway, connect the play sufficiently well.

2. Since he has to be classed as a striker, I don't think he offers enough to the team to take up one of the striking berths. 13 goals in 40 games last season. It's not bad, but is that enough for a striker? I think, league goals wise, he finished about 12th in the goalscoring charts.

3. He's not fit enough to play 90 minutes, so you know that's one sub already gone - and for the above reasons, I don't think he justifies that sort of burden.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent player, who exhibits the odd great moment, but overall, in the context of his output, I don't think he offers enough to be a guaranteed starter, especially in one of the two prized striking berths. Similarly, I think he'd struggle physically in a pure midfield role.

To call him world class, by any definition, is laughable - he doesn't even start for his country, which surely is a pre-requisite for any definition (despite Sneijder/Robben or whichever better player you want to point to as an excuse).

I don't think it's a coincidence we seem willing to sell him - contrast that with approach Levy has taken with Modric.

i think Levy is here for the long haul and when he does leave we will be an established top level club

No criticism of the player, but Blanchflower's quote about the game being about glory is a loser's quote. There is no glory in losing.

In over a century of seasons he is the only player ever to have captained the side to the Double. In total he won four major trophies with the club, all whilst playing glorious football that had the nation agog.

And you, presumably a Spurs fan, twist his comment into a negative?

](*,)](*,)](*,)

Back