• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You'll win nothing with kids...

Which random direction the ball would bounce off his 50p head in?

Or which 5'9" player would beat him in the air?

Crouch isn't great at hold up play granted but he would have been an an option and more of a physical presence than Chadli

We also wouldn't be banging it in the air to him

chaldi leads the line with less physical prowess than a dwarf

I blamed the rise in football management simulator games, and the decline in 11-a-side football participation.

Lots of people who think its simple, yet have never put their own studs in the turf
Not so sure about that. There are enough here who have apparently played a fair bit of football who still think it's all about wingers, big man/little man and jumpers for goalposts.

Transfers: Baked beans on toast it is then.

We're about to put an application in for what will most probably be the most expensive club stadium in the UK if not Europe. And yet there are people who expect the club to buy experienced quality players of which do not come cheap.

If you look over the past 50 years you'll see cases of clubs increasing capacity as a result of success or ambition only to end up on the brink of bankruptcy or having to tighten up the coffers with Chel53a, Forest and Arsenal being examples.

If you think this club can afford a 61,000 seat stadium and a squad good enough to finish in the top 4 then you're in La La land. I'd rather we took the hits now than build it and squeeze every penny for 7 or so years like the Goons did.

Maybe we CAN'T win anything with kids but at least we CAN afford them with the current financial constraints and build something with them unlike the journey men who get their agents to force us to pay through the nose.

Not so sure about that. There are enough here who have apparently played a fair bit of football who still think it's all about wingers, big man/little man and jumpers for goalposts.

not to mention the panels of ex pro's who think the same

We're about to put an application in for what will most probably be the most expensive club stadium in the UK if not Europe. And yet there are people who expect the club to buy experienced quality players of which do not come cheap.

If you look over the past 50 years you'll see cases of clubs increasing capacity as a result of success or ambition only to end up on the brink of bankruptcy or having to tighten up the coffers with Chel53a, Forest and Ar5ena1 being examples.

If you think this club can afford a 61,000 seat stadium and a squad good enough to finish in the top 4 then you're in La La land. I'd rather we took the hits now than build it and squeeze every penny for 7 or so years like the Goons did.

Maybe we CAN'T win anything with kids but at least we CAN afford them with the current financial constraints and build something with them unlike the journey men who get their agents to force us to pay through the nose.

I don't know why people can't accept 5 years of solidarity with perhaps a chance of a cup or two while we build the stadium and then we can really give it a good go

Just a thought.... Does being a leader and age/experience have to go together? Keane, Viera, Mascherano, Troure and a host of others were already standout leaders for their respective teams in their mid 20s. In fact we had one ourselves and if it hadn't been the fact that the guy had his career ruined by injury who knows the kind of player Sandro would have become. I still hope for a CM in the Schneiderlin mode before the window ends, but if not then hopefully one of our current crop can step up and own proceedings a bit more.

If you look over the past 50 years you'll see cases of clubs increasing capacity as a result of success or ambition only to end up on the brink of bankruptcy or having to tighten up the coffers with Chel53a, Forest and Ar5ena1 being examples.

Well if that's the case then lets cash in on lloris now for 25m and sell kane for 40m.

What's the point in having 61,000 stadium when we wont have a team with watching. Either show ambition (a 20m net spend this summer for example would do wonders to our squad and wouldn't bankrupt us) or sell our assets and try and make do with top 10 finishes. Don't keep on making the fans believe we can do something - we will always be 2-3 players away and that is what frustrates the most

Just a thought.... Does being a leader and age/experience have to go together? Keane, Viera, Mascherano, Troure and a host of others were already standout leaders for their respective teams in their mid 20s. In fact we had one ourselves and if it hadn't been the fact that the guy had his career ruined by injury who knows the kind of player Sandro would have become. I still hope for a CM in the Schneiderlin mode before the window ends, but if not then hopefully one of our current crop can step up and own proceedings a bit more.

Leadership is irrelevant if age and much more about character and understanding of the game

I remember playing at a very young age and one of the older players saying to his mate that lad doesn't shut up... His response was its great becaus I know where I need to be now (I was in goal barking out instructions)

I rarely see anyone doing that in our side other than Dier recently. We need someone to charge and it doesn't need to be the best player just the best leader

Leadership is irrelevant if age and much more about character and understanding of the game

I remember playing at a very young age and one of the older players saying to his mate that lad doesn't shut up... His response was its great becaus I know where I need to be now (I was in goal barking out instructions)

I rarely see anyone doing that in our side other than Dier recently. We need someone to charge and it doesn't need to be the best player just the best leader

Agree with this.

I also think its all to easy for people to play the 'lack of leadership' card after a disappointing result rather than admit that perhaps individually and collectively our players are not quite where we would like them to be yet.

What we need is a squad, a concentration of players that really give a damn about one another, that will fight for each other who are 100% behind our style of play....our cause.

I dont think we have one outstanding leader in our squad, but I guess your only as strong as your weakest link, its not just up to one because all of our players need to give a s**t for the cause and fight for each other to close out a result.

The guy happens to earn thousands on Youtube and is an 'internet sensation' and all his video's are for entertainment purposes.

He posted his sad story online... Name is Francis

Last edited:
We talk about progressing with the youngsters but when we have another season now of no top 4 challenge and win nothing eriksen vertonghen and lloris will all want out and Id imagine levy will sell. We'd simply be going backwards of we let them leave.

You know what? If they weren't good enough to help us achieve it in three+ years with the club, then on yer bike! FFS!

I think the "support" the team get gets worse and worse with each passing year.

Critiscm of the njie signing, the reaction to drawing 2-2. The lack of signings. It's all so over the top.

We're in a good way still. Young team, bright coach, new stadium. So much positivity

I went through a good decade there where I did not have to have a few beers when going to games...now, I do. Not because of the team but because of the, err, 'support'...fortunately, our away support is always better! Again, anyone else going to Leicester, I'll be there on a fly-by next week...

Back