• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

YOU are the manager

I love the idea of Gomes in goal, admiteddly - Archer is likelier.

I wouldn't use 3 CBs for this purely because I want to rest some of them.

My issue is the left side again - is Fryers fit? Shame Rose isn't because it would be a good game for him. Other than those would be Andros...

I also do not want to underestimate our opponents.

As a manager, throwing in bit part players may not give me any indications of the system I want - working. Perhaps Roberto should start with a different approach behind him? More technical players rather than direct? This way, he could ascertain whether the inverted powerful wingers actually works?

I'd be tempted with:

---------------------Gomes/Friedel-----------------------------

Naughton--------Kaboul---------Chric/Daws------------Fryers

----------------Capoue--------Dembele-------------------

------Lamela-----------Eriksen-----------Kane----------------

----------------------Soldado-----------------------------

Subs--- Friedel, Veljkovic, McEvoy, Holtby, Bentaleb, Defoe, Ade,

I like this

Just out of curiosity, why would you play 3 CM's against a significantly weaker team when lack of creativity so far has been the main issue?

Eriksen on the left however could be interesting although he hasn't really played there much in his career.

I didn't mean this team for the Sherif match, more an option for the PL to keep numbers in and around Soldado and try something other than the pacy direct approach Townsend and Lennon give.

My thinking is to keep Paulie further up the field and make more use of his attacking prowess. So having him through the middle seems logical as he'll be closer to the striker and in the right areas for those late runs. The creativity can come from the inside fowards Eriksen and Lamela (in a David Silva type way). I wouldn't have these guys hugging the touchline as it is not their forte really. The width can be supplied by the full backs who play on their natural side.

Just spitballing really ;)

Last edited:
as we are not top of the league we clearly are not the finished article, nor are we world beaters....

I would change one simple thing that you are all overlooking....

Change the difficulty from Proffesional to Semi-Pro and we would soon see the goals fly in :D

Lamela ------- Soldado ------ Townsend
-------- Eriksen ------ Holtby
--------------- Paulinho
Rose - Vertonghen - Dawson -- Walker
----------------- Lloris

I think we need to play 2 from Eriksen, Holtby or Sig with Paulinho as a maybe. Sandro or Capoue as the Holder with Dembele doing the role when there is little chance of the opposition trying to attack (ie. Hull at home).

I find it infuriating that the players don't seem to play with any urgency until we are a goal behind. Surely we should be wanting to win so hitting a team at full speed from the first whistle is a must?

practice scoring from a corner

Two hours every day after regular training, fine anyone who doesn't show up. For feck's sake, it's time we did something from these. Anything at all. There was a period early last season when we finally looked capable at them, and the for some reason AVB completely forgot about them and went to relying on Bale to see us through.

I think our ground is part of the problem. Last year away at West Ham I remember us causing havoc from corners with Caulker forcing Jaaskelainen into many good saves. Look at the space we have around our corner flag. It's slightly uphill and off tarmac.

I think our ground is part of the problem. Last year away at West Ham I remember us causing havoc from corners with Caulker forcing Jaaskelainen into many good saves. Look at the space we have around our corner flag. It's slightly uphill and off tarmac.

If that's the problem, build a runway ffs!

Two hours every day after regular training, fine anyone who doesn't show up. For feck's sake, it's time we did something from these. Anything at all. There was a period early last season when we finally looked capable at them, and the for some reason AVB completely forgot about them and went to relying on Bale to see us through.

At last people are waking up to this. About time. Just do it.

I'm not buying that argument. Hitting in a decent corner isn't that effin hard, and whether or not you have the optimal conditions to take the corner around the corner flag just shouldn't matter.

Three points I would change

1. Stop playing Dembele as a deep laying player.. forget that ****. He has been sussed out with his little tap and skip past players.

2. Stop changing the squad for EPL games, choose your best team and stick with it..

3. We need to stop playing with wingers and bring the fullbacks forward thus bringing in more triangle capable players in field.

I am jealous at the way Liverpool are playing right now. Watch them, see how the fullbacks are playing on the linesman.

With the ball

---------------- Soldado ------
Rose -- Eriksen ------ Lamela -- Walker
--------Dembele-------Paulinho
--------------- Capoue
--Vertonghen ---------- Kaboul -
----------------- Lloris

Without the ball

---------------- Soldado
Eriksen - Dembele -- Paulinho - Lamela
---------------- Capoue
Rose - Vertonghen - Kaboul -- Walker
----------------- Lloris

I would think about maybe swapping Sandro for Capoue, but think that Capoue has the better pace to counter counter-attacks, Eriksen and Lamela would drop to support the fallbacks when we don't have the ball. When we have a lead, then introduce speed merchants like Lennon and Townsend who can stretch the game whilst we sit and protect a decent lead. I really think its time Kaboul started playing fulltime in the EPL.

Sandro is the first name on the teamsheet with Lloris for me. Right now, I think dropping him is asking for a loss.

Sandro is the first name on the teamsheet with Lloris for me. Right now, I think dropping him is asking for a loss.

scary that after all the money spent we are so reliant on 2 players

scary that after all the money spent we are so reliant on 2 players

Or unsurprising that after the money we've spent so recently some of the players that have had more time to settle in are amongst the most important?

We've seen quite a few players take some time to get up to their best. At this point last season Lloris had no more than a handful of PL games, at this point in Sandro's first season he hadn't been on the pitch yet apart from in one League Cup game iirc.

Most of the new signings have shown real quality in patches, but they've been inconsistent.

I'm not buying that argument. Hitting in a decent corner isn't that effin hard, and whether or not you have the optimal conditions to take the corner around the corner flag just shouldn't matter.

It also doesn't answer the question why we are also so **** at corners away as well.

Back