• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xherdan Shaqiri

I think we need much more end product from the right attacking forward. Its our biggest weakness going forward. If we really want to win the top honours then in the big games we need all our attackers ready to supply and finish when the opportunities arise
Not really. Each of our AMs have different skill sets which gives us good versatility. An AMs job in our team isn’t just about scoring goals otherwise Lamela wouldnt get anywhere near the team. Yes he can up his game in the goalscoring stakes, especially as he has good technique on the ball but it doesn’t make sense to replace him with....

Shakiri may score more goals then Lamela but that is not everything, we have others who can score but Lamela probably works harder ( for the team) in one game then Shakiri does all season. He is a lazy sod with a " i am the best player around" attitude which is the last thing we/Poch needs in our side.

I love Lamela, I don't think this signing would be anything to do with him if it were even remotely possible. I think it really is a case of "weird if it happened" as he simply would not last more than 20 mins in a Poch side, thus maybe a bench option to conjure something from nothing when we are getting stonewalled by 10 behind the ball. That is the only semi-logical reason I can find...

Not for me. £12 mil is cheap in this market but realistically what do we need him for? Use that 12 towards a more important deal

Don’t get the Lamela love. Yes he defends (well done there!) but he gives away far too many fouls, hardly scores and does too many tricks. 5 years and I’m still trying to see a player there.

Come on Levy get shakiri in and replace lamela.

I love Lamela, I don't think this signing would be anything to do with him if it were even remotely possible. I think it really is a case of "weird if it happened" as he simply would not last more than 20 mins in a Poch side, thus maybe a bench option to conjure something from nothing when we are getting stonewalled by 10 behind the ball. That is the only semi-logical reason I can find...

The logic I think would be that he'd far more like-for-like cover for Eriksen than anyone we have. I think most of us doubt his work-rate/fitness, so his success would be predicated on Poch and team resolving that.

If they did solve that though, signing Shaqiri would mean that

(i) Eriksen could sit out domestic cup games (and stay at home rather than be on the bench as emergency cover),
(ii) we wouldnt be devoid of any creativity if Eriksen was out, whether rested or injured, and
(iii) in games where we decided to drop Eriksen deeper when we're chasing the game, we would have an option to not lose creativity in the no 10 type role

I'm not saying that he'd be top of my list of signings, but if we can't find anyone else in a similar mould then at £12m I think its a reasonable punt (look at it this way, if this work-rate is solved then he's a £30m-£40m player at least, if not he's a Stoke/West Ham £10m player...so at £12m is a de-risked price)

Don’t get the Lamela love. Yes he defends (well done there!) but he gives away far too many fouls, hardly scores and does too many tricks. 5 years and I’m still trying to see a player there.

I would agree with you about Lamela in the past. This last seasons version is far fitter and I’m less critical.
Lamela should stay and I’d take punt on Shaqiri IF he fits into the overal plan for next season

I'd have no problem with Spurs replacing Lamela this summer, but I would hope we could replace him with a better player than Shakiri.

Back