• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wwwwdwdlwww

What's the problem with having only the top teams in Europe competing for the top prize? That would suit very nicely thank you!

Well of course we all know why the minnows have to be allowed in but as others have argued we could do with a better system of seeding.

Might as well just bite the bullet and have a european super league in that case...

What's the problem with having only the top teams in Europe competing for the top prize? That would suit very nicely thank you!

It used to be like that though, when the top teams in Europe competed one v one (exclude St Pats etc) every nation got a slice of the pie, therefore Red Star had money and therefore their league had money because of the Economic knock on, once it was made easier for more teams from one nation to enter and harder for others, that's when we strangled those once great clubs out of the equation. I think the last time it happened was Kiev under Rebrov and Shev

I am all for high expectations, have no problem with that but on the flip side most of the younger generation of Spurs fans have never seen the club truly be in a title chase so there also has to be a dose of reality. I don't see why we cannot also enjoy the current statusof what this club has become. Being in Europe every year is not a hindrance its a privledge and we went many years without it. The doom and gloom by our supporters sometime is just hard to swallow considering how bad it has been in recent memory.

Tottenham can't smile without you is the club motto I like over any other because it is so true. Even after a heart wrenching loss we are all still Spurs and it's better to suffer than to not have Spurs at all

I can't find anything to disagree with there, so fair enough. I do think the EL is now more important due to the CL place given to the winners, and should make for some interesting latter stages going forward (the next reform should be the removal of the CL drop-ins, followed eventually by a return to the knock-out format as opposed to the dreary group + knockout state, but I think the TV companies will delay these reforms for as long as they can possibly get away with).

Back