• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take, say, Quatari cash injection to allow transfer competition?

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
So, hearing that Beko are one of our rumored sponsors next season, I see that there is also talk of Quatar Airlines or Gulf Air taking the new stadium naming rights...

IF either of those entities/governments for countries from which they come, wanted to pledge a huge investment into our club for part-ownership, would you be in favor? Would you accept seeing that cash-flow coming in from basically a similar source to Emirates Marketing Project? Especially given how it could absolutely allow us to pay the likes of Adebayor, Bale and Modric the conga to stay PLUS entice some huge names to join i.e. put us into the "next level" wage category?

I am torn. I dream of a day like City had last Sunday, but not in a new 60,000 seat mega-million dome, no, in our very own 36,000 capacity White Hart Lane, yet know deeeeeeeep down that is just absurd idealist thinking which will never happen.

so there is a side of me that says yes, take the money if it's there because this side with additions has what it takes...there again, I love the fact we are one of the last holdouts. Looking at the top 6, we have the smallest ground capacity by 8-9000!!!!!

Thoughts?

We'll do it our way, the tottenham way and winning titles will make us 10 times more proud.

Get 3-4 top class players in, get the refs to do their job, and we'll be up there next season.

It's a difficult one as for pretty much two seasons I've been anti-City, but watching their fans in rapture at winning the league this year, with them all on the pitch, crying etc, I personally was happy for them.

I'd like Spurs to do it 'the right way', but frankly, I'm all up for a bit of cash injected Spurs orgasm.

It would be nice if we had some cash injection to help with the new stadium, but I personally wouldn't want a Sheikh Mansour type to come in. I'd still support the team obviously, but any trophy won would be cheapened.

To say fair, it isn't like we haven't had cash injected for transfer spending before. It happened in 2004. It wasn't a great deal but it was enough to blow away the midtable competition, once and for all. And especially at the time with other clubs feeling the pinch. It gave us a considerable boost whereby anyone half decent was going to able to get us into the top 6. And we've been a mainstay there ever since.

It was amusing going on a Villa forum before our game and they really see us as a sort of mini-Emirates Marketing Project. Up there because of our huge spending. Which was traced right back to ENIC coming here, amusingly.

Genuinely wouldn't. I don't deny City their success, but I still think a part of me would just feel slightly hollow.

I'd still follow the team through thick and thin, and would no doubt be delighted if we won the league... But I still think some part of me would be thinking 'this is wrong'.

That's not just me being noble either. I just honestly think City and Chelsea have genuinely, in a way, cheated. Like being the banker in monopoly and stealing a few ?ú500 notes.

no thanks - i can wait a decade or so until we're in the new stadium and can rely on our own money

no rather be brick and win the odd cup then be bankrolled and our genuine fans turn into arrogant pricks like city

What I don't get is Joe Lewis is a property magnate. Why doesn't he fund the stadium and we pay him hack over 20 years? He'll then own the asset along with the club. We can then compete on wages and transfer funds. With a 60,000 seat stadium we'd have a ?ú250 million turnover. More than enough to compete.

Last edited:
What I don't get is Joe Lewis is a property magnate. Why doesn't he fund the stadium and we pay him hack ove 20 years? Hell then own the asset along with the club. We can then compete on edges and transfe funds. With a 60,000 seat stadium we'd have a ?ú250 million turnover. More than enough to compete.

agree with all that. Very disappointing.

Money has ruined the game already, there is no turning back now,so if someone was to come along and offer to fund the new stadium and also heavily invest in the team, then im ready to take the cash

I would be totally heartbroken if we got a massive injection of cash like City or Chelsea have.

I feel proud to be a Spurs fan because of the fact that our recent success has occurred whilst still living within our means.

I'd rather finish 4th and know that it's been a great achievement to compete and outdo our richer competitors, than to win the league by outspending every other team with money that the club didn't earn. Any day of the week.

Emirates Marketing Project can fudge off. Their success is totally and utterly meaningless.

I tend to agree with the "no" vote...save our soul...it's what will always make us more than any other team...BTW, well-stated Rossi...

No. Genuinely don't know what I'd do if it ever happened. We're run the right way and I'm very proud of that. We can challenge without Abu Dubai. Agree with the Joe Lewis comment too btw.

i think an outsider visiting this forum would come to the conclusion that many Spurs fans dont deserve the current good spell we are going through:D

I'd say it's quite split, there's some that have wanted Harry gone since day one and still do and think we should be challenging for the title, and then there's those who have always backed him and are happy to be in the top 4 but are also disappointed with how the season finished, bascially the sensible ones :D

Back