• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you be happy to stick with what we have (players) for next season?

Absolutely not. 7/8 players are not good enough IMO.

Rose
Dawson
Kaboul
Livermore
Paulinho
Chadli
Kane

Get busy Levy.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. 7/8 players are not good enough IMO.

Rose
Dawson
Kaboul
Livermore
Paulinho
Chadli
Kane

Get bust alwvy.

The only one I would write off that list is Kaboul. Rose is decent and has room to improve - ideally his end product. It really showed how much we missed Dawson when he wasnt there and Im sure I saw some stats that proved it? As long as he has a qicker ball playing centre back next to him to compliment he's fine. Have you seen much of Livermore this season? He's been very good, Im sure youll argue its because he's at a smaller club but I wouldnt agree - more to do with him having consistent game time. Paulinho needs step up, but he has ability and I'd give him a second season. Chadli has had some good games and will develop into a quality powerful wing forward, not sure why he's been played CM. kane has demonstrated enough to at least not writr off....

I've still got big hopes for Soldado, given the right set-up behind him. Every time I see him I'm impressed by his intelligence, touch and movement.

I think we have to hang on to Ade (no bad thing), simply because we won't be able to sell him. PSG, Monaco and Chelsea are about the only clubs that can afford his wages, and none of them particularly need or will want him. Though didn't Mourinho manage him at Madrid?...

Nope. We need 3-4 signings to really sort things out (CB, LB, LWF and imo another CM to make it all tick in the middle).

@NWND

Have to say that i think our habit to conceed goals stems from the type of personell we play and the tempo and style we adopt. I think thats more the issue than the ability of the players we have

I agree too about paulinho but i think he has played himself into a squad member role...the truth is that that guy has never had a break from football in like 2 years...he will get one this summer. I dont pretend to say that this will make him into a great player...but i am curious to see what the factors of some rest, league familiarity , added chemistry, settling in, pace adjustment ...do to a player like paulinho. I mean once lucas was the joke of anfield (primarily due to people's lack of understanding of what he was doing on the field) but now with added years experience here he has adapted to be more visible in his contributions

I really think a clean slate and a mental rest will do positive things for most of our under performing players

He isn't going to get a rest though is he? He's going to play for Brazil in the world cup and let's face it, Brazil would be very dissapointed to not at least get to the final. The guy is probably going to be mentally and physically drained, and still have the same s*** attitude and poor workrate.

He isn't going to get a rest though is he? He's going to play for Brazil in the world cup and let's face it, Brazil would be very dissapointed to not at least get to the final. The guy is probably going to be mentally and physically drained, and still have the same s*** attitude and poor workrate.

Whilst I do understand why so many people are down on Paaulinho based on his first season, I remain convinced that there's an excellent player waiting to emerge. He's been a completely different animal when he's turned out for Brazil. I'd be disappointed he we did not give him another season at least.

I would like an upgrade on LB and a new central defender to partner Vertonghen. We could probably also use a small trimming of the squad. Other than that, I'd be perfectly happy to go into the new season with the players we have - but with a new manager.

We need to sell
Adebayor
Paulinho
Townsend
Livermore
Rose
Lloris (only if we can get Courtois)

We need to bring in

G (only Courtois)
LB
CB
F

two teams needed one for EPL & FA cup, the other for league cup and Europa league.

Lloris ---------------------- Lloris

LB ------------------------- Fryers
Vertonghen --------------- Kaboul
CB ------------------------- Dawson
Walker -------------------- Naughton

Sandro -------------------- Capoue
Eriksen -------------------- Bentaleb
Dembele ------------------ Upcoming youngster like Pritchard

Chadli --------------------- Holtby

F/Soldado ---------------- Kane

Lamela ------------------- Lennon

Not really sure who to bring in as replacements

From those on the left side I would also suggest that Dembele could be replaced. Any on the right can be sold except Kane and replaced with similar players like Pritchard.

Last edited:
I thought Soldado was going to be massive at 26 mill...

for me ..hes a big flop!

Then we spend even more on a player.33 mill?..even bigger flop..does,nt even play..he probably wants out anyway..

Chadli....sorry....a flop..

Chiriches........OK...

Paulinio........still not sure....but keep...

Sandro...Keep..

Dawson...sorry times up...

Vetongen...does he care?...he can go..if he doesnt want to stay..

Rose...unfortunately...hes turning out to be too hot headed...sell

anyway........CoySpurs......

Ade...bite the bullet....sell...replace him and Soldado...dont ask me who to bring in though..LOL..Baldini better come up with something this time!

Absolutely not, in response to the title question. We need to rid ourselves of quite a few footballers at this club.

I'll be especially disappointed if Paulinvisiblinho, Soldado and Vertonghen are here next season, for various reasons. Then we are full of mediocre players like Sigurdsson, Lennon, Kaboul, Rose, Dembele who start too regularly for a team with our ambition/delusions of grandeur. :D

Cant think of many to suggest we bring in but not Jackson Martinez thanks, he's rotten.

The only one I would write off that list is Kaboul. Rose is decent and has room to improve - ideally his end product. It really showed how much we missed Dawson when he wasnt there and Im sure I saw some stats that proved it? As long as he has a qicker ball playing centre back next to him to compliment he's fine. Have you seen much of Livermore this season? He's been very good, Im sure youll argue its because he's at a smaller club but I wouldnt agree - more to do with him having consistent game time. Paulinho needs step up, but he has ability and I'd give him a second season. Chadli has had some good games and will develop into a quality powerful wing forward, not sure why he's been played CM. kane has demonstrated enough to at least not writr off....

I agree. Though Kaboul was thrown in at the deep end after not playing for a year or so. So he could be added to your list. In his first stint at the club I thought: he always makes at least one mistake a game. But under HR he was excellent most of the time. So with the right manager he can be a good player. But I think you're right, Kaboul can go. I'd say Livermore can go too (and probably will, provided Hull stump up around £5m). He has ability, but we don't have space. Sigi can go, and although I like him, Holtby can leave at the right price too.

While I wouldn't be disappointed to keep the existing squad, there is room for improvement and if we can sell a number of the more average players and invest in one or two exceptional 'first name on the team sheet type players', then of course that is the thing to do. Easier said than done however.

Somehow if Spurs fielded the Brazil starting eleven we'd still look pants

I was so excited to see Sandro and Paulinho in an all Brazil midfield. What could go wrong?

Cheatski have Luiz and Ramires etc
Emirates Marketing Project have Fernandinho and Toure etc

FINALLY Spurs had a Brazilian midfield! I mean, what more could you want?

Hello Promised Land, here we come... Right?

Then injuries and Danny Rose...

Whilst I do understand why so many people are down on Paaulinho based on his first season, I remain convinced that there's an excellent player waiting to emerge. He's been a completely different animal when he's turned out for Brazil. I'd be disappointed he we did not give him another season at least.

Dos Santos was a different animal for Mexico, didn't stop him being consistently turd for us.

Honestly, Paulinho is actually the same for Brazil as he is for us. He floats through the game doing absolutely nothing then pops up with a goal. Brazil are good enough and the pace of international football is slow enough that you can carry a passenger in midfield.

Dos Santos was a different animal for Mexico, didn't stop him being consistently turd for us.

Honestly, Paulinho is actually the same for Brazil as he is for us. He floats through the game doing absolutely nothing then pops up with a goal. Brazil are good enough and the pace of international football is slow enough that you can carry a passenger in midfield.

I saw him in the Copa America (I think) before I knew of Spurs' interest in him, and I can honestly say that he was the player that consistently stood out for me - struck me as a real all action midfielder. Now admittedly that's a relatively small number of games to judge someone over, but I was delighted when we got him. I'd imagine he's got something about him to be a regular for Brazil.

As to Dos Santos, I think few would doubt the ability of the boy. If I recall correctly, it was his apparent lack of professionalism that limited his game time with us, which was the same reason Barca were keen to move him on. My own view is that he struggled with the physicality of the league as well, something, on the face it at least, Paulinho should be better equipped to adjust to.

I am very surprised that no one would replace Lennon. We need pace and Aaron has lost it. The guy's stats are dreadful: neither goals nor assists. I'd sell him and Siggi before either could sneeze.

I saw him in the Copa America (I think) before I knew of Spurs' interest in him, and I can honestly say that he was the player that consistently stood out for me - struck me as a real all action midfielder. Now admittedly that's a relatively small number of games to judge someone over, but I was delighted when we got him. I'd imagine he's got something about him to be a regular for Brazil.

As to Dos Santos, I think few would doubt the ability of the boy. If I recall correctly, it was his apparent lack of professionalism that limited his game time with us, which was the same reason Barca were keen to move him on. My own view is that he struggled with the physicality of the league as well, something, on the face it at least, Paulinho should be better equipped to adjust to.

Yeah ok but Paulinho clearly can't cope with the physicality he looks so weak all the time, he gets closed down quickly and clearly doesnt know what to do, he gets brushed off the ball so easily and his professionalism is questionable.

Didn't Sherwood question his attitude in training and his attitude on the pitch stinks.

The guy is rotten.

How many of these players are Top 4 material? Its hard to achieve Top 4 if you don't have Top 4 players...and then you end up blaming the manager all the time. In an ideal world all of last summers signings would get another year. Problem is, the new manager didn't sign any of them. For example, would Rafa come in and give them all another year here? I don't think so...

Last edited:
I am very surprised that no one would replace Lennon. We need pace and Aaron has lost it. The guy's stats are dreadful: neither goals nor assists. I'd sell him and Siggi before either could sneeze.

I'm kinda assuming that that's what Lamela is for

Back