• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you accept arsenal winning the league if

They've finished higher than us for xx years, so one more year's hardly going to make much difference.

Besides, where they finish is a minor concern compared to how well we do.

So yes, if it came to it.

Right now?

You betcha!!

But I am still dreaming of better!!

I can't believe what I'm reading in some of these replies.
Bad enough Arsenal winning it but at our expense (a team who have not won the thing for 50+ years), can you imagine the ridicule for many a year!
If they do somehow win it then so be it but to ask a Spurs fan to 'accept it' is crazy talk!

Arsenal 1st and us 2nd?

Would you accept that?

With us winning one of the FA/Europa ... yes

And the reason is, Spurs success matters more to me than anything else, even Scum failure/success

2nd and a Cup would be one of our best seasons in decades

I can't understand how Arsenal are winning as often as they are. The side isn't playing great and each game has been closely contested and yet they're top of the league!!

That means either one if two things:

1. Arsenal will improve as a side and will start to give the performances that will show their true worth. The side will start looking like champions and we'll be resigned to the side likely being Premiership champions.

2. Arsenal will stop getting lucky, the side will stop getting the results that they have been and instead get results that their performances have merited ie draws, and Ramsey will stop his ridiculous goal scoring form and Arsenal will be left disappointing their fans.

So which of the two will it be?

I don't think Arsenal are neccesarily lucky this season. Wenger has just given them immense belief.

I think alot of people underestimate Wenger as a manager. I'm not saying he's up there with Fergie in terms of ability but in terms of importance to the team he is. Some of us thought that Man Utds team was poor but Fergie was getting the best out of them, its so far turning out to be right, managers like that are in a league of their own. Moyes has come in and has lost 3 of his first 6.

I think it's the same at Arsenal, not the GREATEST team but they have talented footballers who can all play football well, little intricate passes, can play well in tight areas of the pitch etc. and Arsene has done a great job with them, you get rid of him and bring someone else in and i feel they wouldnt be as good as they are.

do imagine the scenario - our game against Emirates Marketing Project is postponed and re-arranged for the midweek before the end of the season. Arsenal are 2 points ahead of City at the top of the table and both have easy games on last day of season and expected to win.

We are in 5th and a point behind Man Utd with significantly inferior goal difference. A win over City takes us into 4th with a home game against Villa to come on last day.

By beating City we put ourselves into 4th place but effectively hand Arsenal the title. Its 0-0 in the 85th minute when Dzeko bursts through on goal - do you want him to score??

no - i think we will finish top 4 anyway so no need for me to hand Arsenal the title

I would take it, ofcourse. Would give us a great platform to build on and at least one massive club would be missing out on CL football.

Would an **** fan accept if roles were reversed ? Or chavs ??

On principle, I'd say no. On practicality, yes. GHod, hate if it ever came to this ...

I can't understand how Arsenal are winning as often as they are. The side isn't playing great and each game has been closely contested and yet they're top of the league!!

That means either one if two things:

1. Arsenal will improve as a side and will start to give the performances that will show their true worth. The side will start looking like champions and we'll be resigned to the side likely being Premiership champions.

2. Arsenal will stop getting lucky, the side will stop getting the results that they have been and instead get results that their performances have merited ie draws, and Ramsey will stop his ridiculous goal scoring form and Arsenal will be left disappointing their fans.

So which of the two will it be?

Typically Wenger's sides go on runs ... where the belief gets them better results than they deserve, they do often get jammy things to happen for them as well.

Two things have me not so worried

- first is usually those runs will end and they will go on the opposite run (typically prior to last two seasons has happened between dec-feb)
- the thread on how much are sides up/down points on last season, shows they are actually not that ahead and will not be running for title.

Typically Wenger's sides go on runs ... where the belief gets them better results than they deserve, they do often get jammy things to happen for them as well.

Two things have me not so worried

- first is usually those runs will end and they will go on the opposite run (typically prior to last two seasons has happened between dec-feb)
- the thread on how much are sides up/down points on last season, shows they are actually not that ahead and will not be running for title.

They have played well but they have also had a great run of fixtures stretching back to the end of last season. The fortunes turned on the 3-1 win in Munich just after we'd beaten them. On the night Arsenal played well but equally Munich were incredibly complacent. This also meant that they just had one game a week and were fresh for each game. Their toughest looking game was Man U, who by chance had just secured the league and had been on a bender the week before. **** also played Saudi Sportswashing Machine on final day of season whose manager openly stated that he didnt care if his team lost 4-0!

This season they have played Villa, us and Stoke at home; and Fulham, Sunderland and Swansea away. Aside from Swansea you couldn't have picked a better set of fixtures including the game against us due to our squad turnover. Unfortunately their next games are relatively straight forward too - West Brom away, Norwich home, Palace away and Liverpool home before they travel to Old Trafford so expect them to be several points clear ad their fans crowing about how magnificent they are and what a genius Wenger is etc etc.

Hopefully Napoli and Dortmund will step up to the plate and make it difficult for them in the CL. As stated that do tend to go on runs which are largeley based on confidence. One bad result usually causes a run of them.

Definitely. For me it is much more important that Spurs succeed than that Arsenal fail. I am Spurs-fan first and foremost, not an Arsenal-hater.

Definitely. For me it is much more important that Spurs succeed than that Arsenal fail. I am Spurs-fan first and foremost, not an Arsenal-hater.
+1

Things have changed. I used to hate Arsenal and came close to blows with mates who support Arsenal during errr "discussions."

They used to be cloggers but now they play a nice style of football. I don't hate them any more...but I love it if things go wrong for them!!!

Why the **** should we care how well Arsenal do? I care only about spurs - ****. This damn mindset

Never in a million years. We SHOULD finish top 4 and if we dont that means massive failure for AVB and the team. Why on earth would any Spurs fan want Arsenal to win the title.

Back