• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would anyone be happy with this?

442 and get the key players back!

......................LLORIS.........................
WALKER....KABOUL...VERTONGHEN....BAE
LENNON....PARKER.......SANDRO......BALE
......................DEMBELE......................
.....................ADEBAYOR.....................

s: Friedel, Dawson, Caulker, Huddlestone, Townsend, Defoe, (+1 of Gallas, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Naughton, Livermore or Carroll!)

Tempted to do the Caulker/BAE/Vertonghan shuffle.

and thats my final word on the subject!

I don't think the idea is ridiculous, but does it suit our players?

In the back three, Kaboul and Vertonghen, who both can play full back, as the outside players fits very well.

Bale certainly could fit that style.

It doesn't suit Lennon at all, although it might suit Walker or Naughton.

So it might be worth a try when Lennon is injured or rested.

This is real life tho? Not fm13 sooner people realise this the better! Another thing for you fm fanboys levy ain't gonna open the cheque book in January either

I don't think the idea is ridiculous, but does it suit our players?

In the back three, Kaboul and Vertonghen, who both can play full back, as the outside players fits very well.

Bale certainly could fit that style.

It doesn't suit Lennon at all, although it might suit Walker or Naughton.

So it might be worth a try when Lennon is injured or rested.

I would argue that at present Lennon is better than Walker defensively

This is real life tho? Not fm13 sooner people realise this the better! Another thing for you fm fanboys levy ain't gonna open the cheque book in January either

If Levy doesn't open the cheque book in January, we will be utterly fudged by March. I hope he realises this.

As for the formation, it's actually an interesting idea. Barca do play a variation of the same system sometimes. They are Barca, though.

If Levy doesn't open the cheque book in January, we will be utterly fudged by March. I hope he realises this.

As for the formation, it's actually an interesting idea. Barca do play a variation of the same system sometimes. They are Barca, though.

It isn't something to switch to on a whim.

It could be a supremely effective Plan B. Professional football players can adapt to training in two formations, surely.

They seem to be struggling with the Plan A at the moment, introducing another right now, as a result of a couple of poor results and with half a team, is not the best way to go. If anything, reverting to a basic 4-4-2 and playing to the strengths would be a better idea.

Maybe one day the penny will drop and they will start to play properly, although I don't expect anything special until AVB is able to field a proper XI.

They seem to be struggling with the Plan A at the moment, introducing another right now, as a result of a couple of poor results and with half a team, is not the best way to go. If anything, reverting to a basic 4-4-2 and playing to the strengths would be a better idea.

Maybe one day the penny will drop and they will start to play properly, although I don't expect anything special until AVB is able to field a proper XI.

Agreed there. Just something to consider for the medium-term.

Lennon is a good defender for a winger supporting his full-back, but is rarely in position where he is defending alone. Walker is a young full-back who makes mistakes. Walker would be a young wing-back who makes mistakes. While we don't know how Lennon would do, there is little to suggest he'd be good in that role.

On reflection, and repeats of seeing how the plan B worked for Mancini yesterday, I quite like the idea. It could be Bale's best position (winger starting deep and running at opponents), it could be good for Walker and Naughton, and Rose in his appearance at fullback has been good at getting forward.

We are always discussing the relative merits of formations with two strikers (4-4-2) or three central midfielders (4-2-3-1). This is a way of playing both, albeit with its own drawbacks. When chasing a game it has a lot of merits as the alternative of removing a midfielder to play the extra striker tends to lose/loosen (almost interchangeable) control of midfield.

Back