• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would anyone be happy with this?

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Now I'll probably get slated for this, it's a little less defensive and we might ship a lot of goals but I have no doubt we'd score a brick load too, pretty much like we have been for years.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::LLORIS::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::KABOUL::::::CAULKER:::VERTONGHEN::::::::::
LENNON::::::::::SANDRO::::: DEMBELE::::::::::::::BALE::
::::::::SIGURDSSON:::::::::::::::::::ADEBAYOR:::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::: DEFOE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You're probably thinking to yourself, Lennon and Bale as wing backs? haha, Adebayor playing in attacking midfield? haha. But it's a tactic that doesn't play like it looks on paper or on screen in this case. Vertonghen has played left back in the past, Kaboul has played right back in the past, whilst defending wide, the respective player would push out to full back, the "wing backs" would come back to help too, Sandro would drop back and Sigurdsson would go as deep as Dembele.

I think Bale looks better when running from deep and I always have thought that ever since he burst on the scene from left back with us back in 2010. Him and Lennon add that width, Dembele adds the creativity, Sandro adds the steel. We also have that steel at the back with Kaboul, with the style of Vertonghen. I really think Adebayor and Sigurdsson could work well together, Adebayor wouldn't necessarily be "attacking midfield" or "in the hole", I noticed today he travels all over, on the left, the right, central midfield and of course up top, the ball at times glues to him and he brings others in, Defoe would be off the last man and obviously provide the predatory instincts he has.

Over the course of games it'd end up looking a bit:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::LLORIS::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::<---KABOUL::::::SANDRO:::::CAULKER::::VERTONGHEN--->::
::::::::::::::::::SIGURDSSON::::::::: DEMBELE::::::::::::::::::::
:::LENNON::::::::::::::::::::ADEBAYOR::::::::::::::::::::BALE:::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: DEFOE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This also isn't me saying lets put Sandro centre back but this is sort of how we'd get when the opposition move wide. I also think it sets us up for the counter attack when we get the ball clear with Sigurdssons vision and ability to pass as well as Dembele dribbling abilities, Lennon and Bales explosive pace, Adebayors hold up ability and Defoe's predatory instincts.

That is pretty much it to be honest, let the abuse commence.

i don't get this? so these players will start in that formation but they'll all move around which will therefore see 5 players change their original starting position? so why don't we just start the second formation?

Wtf would you play siggurdson?
What has he done to get into the team? What has he done?

he's gonna be very good just let him play with Ade a few times. It's hard forming any sort of understanding with a player that's game plan consist of 'head down shoot, head down shoot'. Defoe definately offers us something thats for sure but linking up play is not one of the things he offers.

i don't get this? so these players will start in that formation but they'll all move around which will therefore see 5 players change their original starting position? so why don't we just start the second formation?

They only move to help out defensively. I wouldn't want Sandro starting centre half for example. If the ball is down the right wing, I'd want there to be a back four as opposed to a back three. We could start the second formation but then I'd change Sigurdsson for Sandro, put Ekotto left back and Vert centre half, but then I feel we lack something in midfield.

No not really. What is with Spurs' fans fascination of 352?

Kaboul, Ekotto, Parker and Dembele are all important players, get them back, keep Ade in the side and we'll be fine.

If Kaboul and Dembele were in for Gallas and Huddlestone today, we'd've been 100% better irrespective of formation.

They only move to help out defensively. I wouldn't want Sandro starting centre half for example. If the ball is down the right wing, I'd want there to be a back four as opposed to a back three. We could start the second formation but then I'd change Sigurdsson for Sandro, put Ekotto left back and Vert centre half, but then I feel we lack something in midfield.

You're over thinking imo and it's not that complicated. You're over complicating things and asking footballers of all people to think more which is a no no. All that would happen is players getting caught out of position a lot.

You're over thinking imo and it's not that complicated. You're over complicating things and asking footballers of all people to think more which is a no no. All that would happen is players getting caught out of position a lot.

maybe you're right. Maybe I have the same mind as AVB when we just need to keep it simple and stick to what we know.

My team right now would be 442. When the others are back we can play Sandro/Parker/Dembele as a central 3 for the tougher games like today. I'm not confident in either Dempsey or Sigurdsson yet to play 4411/4231(same difference), maybe if we get someone like Willian in January then we could.

If Kaboul and Dembele were in for Gallas and Huddlestone today, we'd've been 100% better irrespective of formation.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Equally so with Ekotto in for Gallas with Vertonghen alongside Caulker in addition to Dembele back into the side.

Watching City today and there little intricate passes and the through balls makes me miss the likes of Modric and van der Vaart who could pull them out the bag. I do feel missing out on Isco (were we ever actually in for him) should have been a mistake, I feel he is the exact sort of player we need, one touch passer, has great vision, chips in with goals. I feel he will be a big part of Spains team in the future.

I really think this all comes down to us not having the right players either at the club or avaliable after the summer transfer window. If everyone was avaliable and we could put our strongest 11 out i think we would be performing to a much higher standard.

From what i can see without Dembele in the team we struggle to maintain possession. The 2nd half today as far as stringing a few passes together was awful. I don't know if its to soon for him but i would really like to see Carroll be given the chance a some point in midfield in place of Huddlestone when Dembele isnt avaliable.

Also Sigurddson and Dempsey in the attacking midfield role/2nd striker have been completely anonymous and have provided no link between the striker and midfield. One thing i thought Rafa was brilliant at was getting involved in play from that position and providing that link. I don't know whether it is down to the standard of player or how AVB is asking them to play but if we are going to play with one off the striker they need to find a way of getting involved in our play. At the moment it is like playing with 10 men a couple of goals from Dempsey aside.

Getting a few back from injuries will help i still think we are going to have to strengthen in January if we are going to have any chance of top four.

Last edited:
I really think this all comes down to us not having the right players either at the club or avaliable after the summer transfer window. If everyone was avaliable and we could put our strongest 11 out i think we would be performing to a much higher standard.

From what i can see without Dembele in the team we struggle to maintain possession. The 2nd half today as far as stringing a few passes together was awful. I don't know if its to soon for him but i would really like to see Carroll be given the chance a some point in midfield in place of Huddlestone when Dembele isnt avaliable.

Also Sigurddson and Dempsey in the attacking midfield role/2nd striker have been completely anonymous and have provided no link between the striker and midfield. One thing i thought Rafa was brilliant at was getting involved in play from that position and providing that link. I don't know whether it is down to the standard of player or how AVB is asking them to play but if we are going to play with one of the striker they need to find a way of getting involved in our play. At the moment it is like playing with 10 men a couple of goals from Dempsey aside.

Getting a few back from injuries will happy, i still think we are going to have to strengthen in January if we are going to have any chance of top four.

I agree with this.
I think we're doing alright considering the players we've got. Some people believed out players were alot better than they are. The likes of Walker and Huddlestone have been found out.

he's gonna be very good just let him play with Ade a few times. It's hard forming any sort of understanding with a player that's game plan consist of 'head down shoot, head down shoot'. Defoe definately offers us something thats for sure but linking up play is not one of the things he offers.

Does not matter if Defoe's link up play is not great if we have Adebayor on the pitch. Defoe is the best finisher we have and methinks that should count for something

Does not matter if Defoe's link up play is not great if we have Adebayor on the pitch. Defoe is the best finisher we have and methinks that should count for something

I'm talking about Sigurddson and i don't necessarily think Defoe is our best finisher anyway but thats a different point altogether.

IF we ever had to play with 3 cb;s and a 5-3-2 formation i honestly think our best x1 would be

---------------------------------GK--------------------------------------

-----------Caulker/Gallas------Kaboul-----Vertonghen----------------

--Walker---------------------------------------------------------Bale--

---------------------------Parker--------Sandro------------------------

---------------------------------Sigurddson----------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Dembele---------------

-------------------------Adebayor--------------------------------------

Again i'm not sure if i want to see it but that would be the best X1 for that formation imo.

Back