• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Worst pundit or commentator

I don't want to say anything bad about Motson, but I think it's a good decision to retire. In recent years it's become apparent that he sometimes struggles to keep up with what's happening on the pitch. One of the few seemingly un-biased commentators.

Would be my thoughts as well, he was very good at one time but over the last few years he has lost it and become a parody of himself.

Motson was a fine commentator and gave us some great moments!

Good commentary is for me like good refereeing almost unnoticeable.

Maybe they all should just shut up then. Works for me.
Imagine that. Just crowd noise, and the occasional info on stuff they've learnt from the touchline that you wouldn't know from watching. Then a half time and full time in the studio deciphering tactics, and interviews, rather than labouring over ref decisions and he should've scored there.

With todays technology, I'm amazed no channel yet offers the option to mute commentary and just have the ambient noise! That goes for other sports too! Would be very popular I think.
Take the cable from your centre speaker or turn that speaker off on your amp.

Do you know what.
I believe I have now managed to blot them out! :) After 50 years of constant verbal diarrhea. I reach a zen like state that I use for when the kids get roundy or your at a gathering and someone is talking at you. Or I'm just getting deafer!

Whatever it is its wonderful.

It's a shame that it's too late to nominate Chris Sutton. Displaying monumental idiocy on MOTD2 tonight.
I was about to ask if I'd missed the Sutton fixture. How did he get missed out?

I think he should play the winner of this tournament. He's clearly in a league of his own anyway.

Back