• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018: That other game

Deserved by Belgium tbh. If I was a player I would be quite happy with a 3rd place WC medal - something very few players have.
It's not really contested in a serious way. Both semi-finalist should get the same medal.
It's humiliating to make them play it.

Some well earned R&R for our boys now.

I thought Dier deserved to get something out of today. Had a good second half particularly. Must have wanted to kill Toby.

Kane's looked off pace the last couple of games but will hopefully still get the golden boot. What an achievement in his first World Cup. Yes, 3 might have been penalties, but he earned 2 (?) of them and worked his socks off for the team in the earlier games. He has been a great captain.

Trippier has been a revelation - even for those who already rated him. In with a shout for team of the tournament - and getting the freedom of Bury by all accounts. What more could he ask for! Has to be in the mix for set pieces for Spurs this coming season.

Dele - despite the injury - has had a decent tournament, albeit not in the way expected. But Dele needs to shine and that wasn’t possible because of where/how he was asked to play. Next time I am sure his star will shine.

Rose - hmm. A bit meh really, and that’s probably being generous on today’s showing. But he did ok coming on against Croatia. I can’t really remember what he was like against Belgium first time round. Seems to have a lot of head baggage at the moment (not meant disrespectfully). I hope he can get himself back on track.

Personally I have felt so proud watching our boys out there.
But now they need a rest, some tlc, and to get back to where they really are appreciated.

Last edited:
We have 2 years to find a couple of CM

IMG_20180714_211109.jpg

I didn't watch it as I was traveling, but Henderson rested but the spurs players sent out to play, quelle surprise.
Poor start to the season and just wait for the narrative, new stadium hoodoo, spurs over reaching, bubble burst.
:mad:

I didn't watch it as I was traveling, but Henderson rested but the spurs players sent out to play, quelle surprise.
Poor start to the season and just wait for the narrative, new stadium hoodoo, spurs over reaching, bubble burst.
:mad:
Dier took his place and did quite well really. PLayed the ball forward on numerous occasions.
Rose didn't play well. Trippier was so so. Alli came on very late.

Kane is running on fumes. That and I honestly think he has not fully recovered from that injury near the end of last season.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen were good, and Dembele also came on late.

Dier played very well, Rose not so much.

Hopefully FIFA get rid of this joke game, but as it would be an improvement and less money for them we know they won’t do that!

Dier took his place and did quite well really. PLayed the ball forward on numerous occasions.
Rose didn't play well. Trippier was so so. Alli came on very late.

Kane is running on fumes. That and I honestly think he has not fully recovered from that injury near the end of last season.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen were good, and Dembele also came on late.
Trippier was outstanding. Best player on the park for England, followed by Dier. The rest I agree with.

Fair enough. I thought his crossing was bit off. Over hit a lot of them.
One or two for sure but he was peppering mostly excellent balls into the box all game. Not his fault no one quite managed to get on the end of them - though Kane & co did come close a few times.

His first-time scooped forward passes into space down the flank for forwards to latch onto were also top drawer.

Can you imagine making the losing FA Cup semi-finalists playing off for third place?

If dems was the rules of the WC? Don't understand all the old man grumbling going on.
We knew there was a slightly superfluous third-place play-off. Suck it up.
let's all get back to moaning about west ham and liverpool or the heat even.

Disappointing performance and result by England. Thought England will do well to finish in 3rd but they failed to lift their game. Kane has been in poor form in the knockout stages and he was poor again, wasting 2 good chances to score. Dier almost scored a goal for England but was cleared on the line by Alderweireld. Thought it was a bit cruel by Alderweireld to stop that goal-bound shot by Dier. Would have liked this match to go into extra time to try to get more goals. Unlike England, Belgium seemed more motivated and happy to finish in 3rd place for the first time in history.

Really expected more than the 2 goals in this match. As it is, the 2 goals scored are the fewest goals scored in the 3rd/4th place match of the World Cup since Poland beat Brazil 1-0 in 1974. Since then, every 3rd/4th place match have had at least 3 goals scored between both teams. I do think the 3rd/4th match should be played as it gives a chance to the losing semi finalists to finish the World Cup in winning mood.

Back