• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Semi Finals

Stone me some people really are over thinking, over talking and over boring what is an exciting time.

I am sure people have already typed out "I told you so" and have it on paste ready for if we get knocked out or lose the final. Its a one of comp that comes around once every 4 years and one in which we have under performed in. Who the hell cares if we have had an easy ride?

Would you prefer to be in England shoes played the easy guys and in the Semi Final or home like Brazil having this stupid moral victory of playing a harder route? I am loving it, absolutely loving it, don't want it to end, moments in 20 years I will look back on with great affection, the summer of 2018 and our world cup run, I won't be looking back and crying that we played Panama, Colombia and Sweden.

FFS - pass the rope

Last edited:
Stone me some people really are over thinking, over talking and over boring what is an exciting time.

I am sure people have already typed out "I told you so" and have it on paste ready for if we get knocked out or lose the final. Its a one of comp that comes around once every 4 years and one in which we have under performed in. Who the hell cares if we have had an easy ride?

Would you prefer to be in England shoes played the asy guys and in the Semi Final or home like Brazil having this stupid moral victory of playing a harder route? I am loving it, absolutely loving it, don't want it to end, moments in 20 years I will look back on with great affection, the summer of 2018 and our world cup run, I won't be looking back and crying that we played Panama, Colombia and Sweden.

FFS - pass the rope

Well said.
There will always be naysayers but I for one am thoroughly enjoying this world cup and England are the icing on the cake, whatever happens tomorrow. (Or Sunday)

Well said.
There will always be naysayers but I for one am thoroughly enjoying this world cup and England are the icing in the cake, whatever happens tomorrow. (Or Sunday)

Easy to say England won't win it and look like some kind of social media cruyff

24 teams is not a good number as you have sloppy thirds qualifying. 16 or 32 works best. If they really want to expand it go to 64 and forget the 48 format. The 64 teams would produce a lot more games (128 over 64), but with an appropriate format and scheduling would only add one game for the final four or about 5 days. The problem is they would stretch it out to avoid overlapping games.

I never had a problem with best performed thirds qualifying because they were exciting and made for some interesting situations when they went on into the knockout rounds.

Last edited:

Would you prefer to be in England shoes played the easy guys and in the Semi Final or home like Brazil having this stupid moral victory of playing a harder route? I am loving it, absolutely loving it, don't want it to end, moments in 20 years I will look back on with great affection, the summer of 2018 and our world cup run, I won't be looking back and crying that we played Panama, Colombia and Sweden.

FFS - pass the rope
Was that aimed at my observations?

Back