• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Semi Finals

Ohhh come on mate, people are entitiled to enjoy the World Cup, there is no harm in thinking you are going to win it, if we don't we don't whats the harm done?

The big jinx, that's what. The side have been going along beautifully, what they don't need is a wave of mass hysteria, which is totally misplaced. Yes enjoy it, but let's tone down the expectations.

Does anyone have odds for the Croatia match from overseas? No point looking at domestics odds as they'll be skewed.

Croatia are a good side, with some real quality - but are yet to actually perform.

Right now I think there is every chance we can beat them.

Then the final, well, its one game - who knows how that can go?

I say enjoy the good vibes. Nobody expected us to go this far, so now its all just going along and enjoying the ride.
They destroyed Argentina.

They destroyed Argentina.

The worst Argentina side seen in years?

Every other game Ive seen them they have struggled. Particularly the last last two games, where they have looked defeated by the occasion as much as anything.

They have been decidedly sub-par.

While I dont underestimate them (and their midfield should have some joy against ours) they have the look of a very beatable team to me.

The big jinx, that's what. The side have been going along beautifully, what they don't need is a wave of mass hysteria, which is totally misplaced. Yes enjoy it, but let's tone down the expectations.

Hysteria, misplaced? We are into our first major Semi Final for GHod knows how long, the draw and competition has been kind enought that gives us a huge chance of winning the whole thing.

If you go anywhere else in the world even the worst teams go mass hysteria just being in the comp lets alone being where we are, they treat it as a carnival for the time they are in it and teams like Egypt etc who are fanatical come out with ridiculous predictions of success, when England fans enjoy it or get wrapped up in it its somehow used against us, its boring to constantly pour water on it and our chances.

And as for jinx....haha, if England lose to Croatia its because they lost a football match not because I say we are going to win the whole thing and somehow given the team some bad luck.

Hysteria, misplaced? We are into our first major Semi Final for GHod knows how long, the draw and competition has been kind enought that gives us a huge chance of winning the whole thing.

If you go anywhere else in the world even the worst teams go mass hysteria just being in the comp lets alone being where we are, they treat it as a carnival for the time they are in it and teams like Egypt etc who are fanatical come out with ridiculous predictions of success, when England fans enjoy it or get wrapped up in it its somehow used against us, its boring to constantly pour water on it and our chances.

And as for jinx....haha, if England lose to Croatia its because they lost a football match not because I say we are going to win the whole thing and somehow given the team some bad luck.

Hasn't supporting Spurs taught you ANYTHING! ;)

The worst Argentina side seen in years?

Every other game Ive seen them they have struggled. Particularly the last last two games, where they have looked defeated by the occasion as much as anything.

They have been decidedly sub-par.

While I dont underestimate them (and their midfield should have some joy against ours) they have the look of a very beatable team to me.
They are very beatable, but I don't think England could have done what they did to Argentina.

It's a strange combination. We've got a great striker, an ok defence, and a poor midfield. While Croatia have a great midfield and mediocre defence and frontline.

I wonder if we will start Dier instead of Linguard or Sterling (moving Alli forward to AM), to give us some hope against Modric and Rakatic?

It's a strange combination. We've got a great striker, an ok defence, and a poor midfield. While Croatia have a great midfield and mediocre defence and frontline.

I wonder if we will start Dier instead of Linguard or Sterling (moving Alli forward to AM), to give us some hope against Modric and Rakatic?
I think he will stay the same, the system is winning us games not the individuals (atm), although we have not played anyone of note yet so it may be a mistake.

I know it wont happen but would be tempted to bring in Rose as Denmark got a lot of joy with their FB's getting in behind Croatia.

Belgium are the team that most worries me, other than that I feel we have the matching and beating of Croatia and France TBH

Got to give some credit to Southgate, I thought he should make some changes but I think the team has repaid the faith he's kept in them. Keep it tight and set-piece/cross Croatia to death.

I think he will stay the same, the system is winning us games not the individuals (atm), although we have not played anyone of note yet so it may be a mistake.

I know it wont happen but would be tempted to bring in Rose as Denmark got a lot of joy with their FB's getting in behind Croatia.
Southgate certainly appears to value consistency in the team. I guess it has some kind of morale improvement that comes with it, although I can't help but feel we've gone as far as we have despite those he won't drop rather than because of them.

Belgium are the team that most worries me, other than that I feel we have the matching and beating of Croatia and France TBH

Belgium are the strongest team on paper. At this point though, it'll just come down to who can handle the pressure. I'd imagine a World Cup semi-final/final is a unique pressure.

Southgate certainly appears to value consistency in the team. I guess it has some kind of morale improvement that comes with it, although I can't help but feel we've gone as far as we have despite those he won't drop rather than because of them.

I think the problem morale wise is those on the outside looking in - wondering just how bad one of the favoured 11 has to be before getting dropped.

The winners of France v Belgium will lift the trophy IMO; I don't think it'll matter which of England or Croatia progresses.

It is a funny old game, though.

All 4 teams have their weaknesses - England's AMs, Croatia's forwards and Lovren, Belgium Martinez and Kompany's fitness, and France Deschamps and Pogba.

I think its there for the taking, Croatia are run by Modric and apart from that i do not see anything to be frightened by them. Modric is the key, i do not think he has been at his best so far but he always manages to find space and that is when he is at his most dangerous.

We have to find a way to deny him that space ( i appreciate that will not be easy) but if we can i think we will beat them.

Back