• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
The 52 Uefa associations are divided into six seeding pots, decided by the Fifa rankings published in June.

Pot one: Germany, Belgium, Holland, Romania, England, Wales, Portugal, Spain, Croatia.
Pot two: Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, France, Iceland, Denmark, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Pot three: Poland, Ukraine, Scotland, Hungary, Sweden, Albania, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Greece.
Pot four: Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Bulgaria, Faroe Islands, Montenegro, Estonia.
Pot five: Cyprus, Latvia, Armenia, Finland, Belarus, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Moldova.
Pot six: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Malta, San Marino, Andorra.

Group of death........... Germany, Italy, Sweden,Turkey.....(struggling now)...Macedonia, Georgia.

Group of life.....Romania, Iceland, Albania, Faroe Islands, Moldova, Andorra

it would be far more interesting to watch the FIFA executives sentenced to jail terms, pot one blatter, Warner, Blazer, pot two Esquivel, Marin, Webb etc

Ireland have a pretty weak team at the moment, but our group at least gives us a chance.

Wales
Austria
Serbia
Ireland
Moldova
Georgia

There's no team there who - if we played to the absolute top of our ability - we couldn't give a run for their money. Can't deny that it'll be bitter-sweet to see Bale at Lansdowne Road. Also, from a personal point of view, my wife is Serbian - so that'll be interesting :)

The WC qualifying groups for Europe seems interesting.

EUROPE
Group A
Netherlands France Sweden Bulgaria Belarus Luxembourg
Group B
Portugal Switzerland Hungary Faroe Islands Latvia Andorra
Group C
Germany Czech Republic Northern Ireland Norway Azerbaijan San Marino
Group D
Wales Austria Serbia Republic of Ireland Moldova Georgia
Group E
Romania Denmark Poland Montenegro Armenia Kazakhstan
Group F
England Slovakia Scotland Slovenia Lithuania Malta
Group G
Spain Italy Albania Israel FYR Macedonia Liechtenstein
Group H
Belgium Bosnia-Herz Greece Estonia Cyprus
Group I
Croatia Iceland Ukraine Turkey Finland

---------------------------------------------------

Group A seems to be the toughest with Netherlands, France and Sweden in it. Portugal in Group B, Germany in Group C and Belgium in Group H are virtually through to the WC as all other teams in their groups seems weak. Wales and England get easy groups but can see both making it tough for themselves. Only Group E and I seems well balanced and unpredictable. Spain and Italy will fight between them to finish top in Group G.

South Korea with 6 wins from 6 games and 23-0 in goal difference.

Most interesting group is this though:

Qatar P6 27-2 18p
Hong Kong P7 13-3 14p
China P6 21-1 11p
Maldives P6 4-14 3p
Bhutan P7 3-48 0p

China and Hong Kong both have to play Qatar, so most likely China will finish second and get a playoff game. Not sure what the penalty would be for finishing below Hong Kong.

Ecuador have started with 3 straight wins in South America, while Argentina have only managed two draws and really need a win in Colombia tonight.

How long ago did Qatar preorder their 18 points?

Nah, by the looks of it they don't have much opposition. It's always amazed me that China is the largest nation in the world and haven't produced a player I've heard of, except for a fella called Zhu who played for Charlton. I know footie isn't massive over there but you'd expect to be able to pick a half decent 11 from a pool of over a billion people.

Do you watch the Asian football then Jord? Can't say it's ever really appealed to me.

How long ago did Qatar preorder their 18 points?

Nah, by the looks of it they don't have much opposition. It's always amazed me that China is the largest nation in the world and haven't produced a player I've heard of, except for a fella called Zhu who played for Charlton. I know footie isn't massive over there but you'd expect to be able to pick a half decent 11 from a pool of over a billion people.

Do you watch the Asian football then Jord? Can't say it's ever really appealed to me.

No, I don't watch it. Just had a look at the groups.

You can throw India in with China. More than a quarter of the world's population between them.

It's gonna get nasty. I'm almost certain, unfortunately, that supporters will be killed during the WC.

Yes, I'm that pessimistic.

I feel like boycotting the whole event, but will probably end up watching anyway. Principles is not my strongest side. Besides, I very highly doubt my personal boycott would have any effect whatsoever.

We should have sent our application to feature in the competition in a day late, by 2nd class stamp that is barely attached.

Who in their right mind would go to Russia these days for anything to do with football? Or any sport, for that matter, in a country where serial, state-sponsored cheating is a way of life? For a nation of tolerant, patient, accepting people, we Canadians 'fookinate the Rooshin's' in ice hockey. They've been nothing but scoundrels since taking the game up.

70'
Looks like Seamus Coleman (Ireland) is struggling after picking up a knock. We will see if he can run that off.

Back