• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's being suggested he should be out of the WC squad because of a tattoo?

It's of a gun. It's on the leg he shoots with. His Dad was shot and died when he was very young. The tabloid press are trying to whip up a moral outrage.

I thought it was Mothers Against Guns who had complained?

His reasoning I will file as a classic example of Footballer Logic.

I only read it on the Beeb with my usual level of interest, didn't see a newspaper connection. I see it was in The Sun though so fair enough.

We should campaign against Arsenal full stop, clearly promoting gun culture fam blud.

I'm sure those who never travelled to Russia before will be amazed with its summer weather. Not many countries around the globe have so comfortable weather both for playing football and having all sorts of rest for fans. I don't know much about Volgograd except its huge historical importance but spending time there should be cool as it's situated in southern part of the country and has a huge river just beside the stadium.

If you finally decide to go, message me. We'll definitely meet there.
In nearest future I'll also try to make a short guide about 3 cities where England will play in group stage + Moscow. Just need to get free from huge amount of work.
And now everybody who's going to travel is free to ask any questions.

Was there a big battel in Volgograd?

Only been to Moscow and Chelyabinsk (don't ask!). Moscow is a gem. A capital with all the culture, music, events, parks, place to go out etc but for us its amazing value compared to London. The max you'll pay for a taxi anywhere is £10 and most journey's are just a couple of quid. I can't think of another capital that is as good value and only 3.5hrs away. The people are kind once you get to know them and pleased to help out.

You never know! May get out there... My company has software developers in Russia so maybe can find an excuse to get over :)

I thought that stuff about him having a load of kids by different women was just made up internet b0ll0cks.
I know there were court cases, not sure if that was on the basis of made up claims. Would be a very expensive way to make up flimflam if so

I know there were court cases, not sure if that was on the basis of made up claims. Would be a very expensive way to make up flimflam if so

I did a quick google -- he's got 2 kids, one with his current Mrs, one with an ex. Only thing he ended up in court for, that I can see, was for a common assault charge against his ex, which was dropped due to lack of evidence.

I know when he broke through at Liverpool, there was a rumour "Oh, he's got 3 kids by 3 different women by age 17, he's a wrongun." but it turned out to be all false.

As far as I can see, all he's guilty of is having a sh1t tattoo. Same as most footballers nowadays.

Annndddd that's quite enough of me reading about Raheem Sterling's personal life haha.

Kompany has posted a piccy of him weeks ago with the tattoo and nothing was said

It's the fudging gutter press yet agin, the clams can do one

Let's actually get behind our players for once and you never know what could happen !!

Was there a big battel in Volgograd?

Only been to Moscow and Chelyabinsk (don't ask!). Moscow is a gem. A capital with all the culture, music, events, parks, place to go out etc but for us its amazing value compared to London. The max you'll pay for a taxi anywhere is £10 and most journey's are just a couple of quid. I can't think of another capital that is as good value and only 3.5hrs away. The people are kind once you get to know them and pleased to help out.

You never know! May get out there... My company has software developers in Russia so maybe can find an excuse to get over :)
Yeah, a known turning point of the hole WWII, the battle for Stalingrad which lasted for more than half a year and had more than 1m people deaths.

Moscow became even better in the last couple of years. All the money is flowing here. Will be an amazing experience for European citizens with average wealth. Even if the prices go higher with the start of the tournament, still they will have a very good value for you. But be aware of taxi drivers: there we're already several known cases during last month's when they were cheating with price calling (I think a couple of arsenal fans got fooled recently).
Current pound stock changing rate is 82.5. So you should try finding 81-81.5 changing rate for one rouble.
Euro 72.5, USD 62.
Average day price for taxi is 300-900 roubles considering the length of the trip. At night prices usually go higher but not much. x1,5 rate usually at max. The trip from/to the airport at low season start from 900 roubles up to 1500. However they can/should go higher soon, but never pay x2,5-3 or more from that. Also many sorts of known taxi services are presented: f.e. uber, gett. Also we have huge Russian service yandex.taxi.
Other cities hosting WC should have them as well.

However, in most cases using metro will be better and cheaper (except pick hours may be). In Moscow you'll also have a huge railway (Moscow central ring), which connects many metro stations and gives you ability to travel much faster between different districts of the city.

Hopefully you come and enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:
@Hidden real bonus with the Goon fans! Uber or Yandex app was awesome for taxis, shouldn't be ripped off with them. Metro is a must, where else are there chandeliers and frescos on the Metro!? At some point on here we'll have to do the Russia war thing. Hard to get your head around how many Russians gave their lives to defeat Nazism. I saw something, a march, with people carrying a photo of their relative who fought...

@Hidden real bonus with the Goon fans! Uber or Yandex app was awesome for taxis, shouldn't be ripped off with them. Metro is a must, where else are there chandeliers and frescos on the Metro!? At some point on here we'll have to do the Russia war thing. Hard to get your head around how many Russians gave their lives to defeat Nazism. I saw something, a march, with people carrying a photo of their relative who fought...

If anyone is in St Petersburg I recommend a visit to the Siege of Leningrad museum. Something like 750,000 died in the blockade. Harrowing.

And on taxis - anyone reading this going to Moscow and planning on getting a taxi into the city : do NOT get a taxi from the airport via an "Official Taxi" desk (aka rip-off desk), of which there are plenty, as well as loads of taxi staff waiting to pounce. Depending on the terminal there will be either a Gett or a Yandex desk. Find that and book from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back