1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jordinho, 20 May 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaramanga

scaramanga Les Howe Staff Member

Walker probably would, you're right. A fit Rose is some kind of mythical beast not seen around these parts for a year or more.

Do they have Burger Kings in Russia? Rose might come back bigger than he leaves.

2. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Clint Dempsey

Panama only qualified on a ghost goal, Tunisia, aren't they a failed state? Belgium to top the group comfortably, but if England cannot get out of it, then they should revert to pre 50's and no longer send teams to the World Cup.

3. StephenH

StephenH Jimmy McCormick

I think they have McDonald’s and Burger King but I’m not sure.
    Rose imho has a wonderful attitude and gives his all.

4. Mr_B

Mr_B Neil Sullivan

this group has banana skins written all over it and pundits saying over and over again "there's no easy game in international football anymore"

5. scaramanga

scaramanga Les Howe Staff Member

Banana skins? With players like Henderson in the first 11 we'll be the underdogs.

6. galeforce

galeforce Terry Dyson

It might be that I’ve contracted WCF, but bearing in mind that Southgate does actually appear to be trying to do things the right way and that Belgium, for all of their talent, have a collection of real idiots in charge, England might actually qualify from the group.

7. 7percent

7percent Allan Nielsen

It just wouldn't be England if they don't get knocked out in the first knockout round..

*goes to check odds*

galeforce likes this.
  8. milo

milo Vic Buckingham Staff Member

Tunisia are only one place behind England in the rankings

9. milo

If we get out of the group we will face one of Poland, Senegal, Columbia or Japan. About as good as you could hope for really. We are likely to get Brazil or Germany after that, if we got that far.

7percent likes this.
  10. AdamB

AdamB Rafael Van Der Vaart

I think we’d do very well to get out of our group. We lack any creativity whatsoever - our best hope is that we we keep it tight by playing two holding CMs and then Dele and Kane, supported by some pace out wide from Sterling and/or Rashford, manage to nick a goal and get 1-0 win or two. Problem for Kane and Dele is that England don’t have an Eriksen to create

Despite that, you can guarantee that by the start of the tournament that the England media will make it out that it’ll be a travesty if you don’t win the World Cup

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

11. galeforce

galeforce Terry Dyson

I think that’s exactly what Southgate will do.

12. Hidden

Hidden Erik Edman

Lads!
    I've missed totally earlier stages of ticket sales due to WC disinterest of my friends and my money and time shortage, but me and my mate changed the state of things one hour ago.
    After two full weeks of night waiting for ticket drops and useless trying to book one of Moscow matches, he clicked by fun on Tunisia - England ticket 4 cat. and miraculously got it, although it is the cheapest category (only for Russians) and it happened about half an hour after ticket drop!
    I then spent about one hour trying to buy 2-4 cat., but was unlucky as usual. Just when I thought about going to sleep, clicked on 2 cat, got it but after long thinking decided not to buy because of the price and average seating. Next click for 3 cat and bingo! :) Will hopefully see our players in national team shirts in Volgograd ! It's just now the problem of getting two days off work, because the match is played on Monday's evening :p

So, from forum who's going to visit the hero city of Volgograd? :)

AuroRaman likes this.
  13. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Frederic Kanoute

I’m up for it!

Russia in the summer is awesome. Was thinking of trying to get out there but not sure how work will pan out...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Hidden likes this.
  14. Hidden

Hidden Erik Edman

I'm sure those who never travelled to Russia before will be amazed with its summer weather. Not many countries around the globe have so comfortable weather both for playing football and having all sorts of rest for fans. I don't know much about Volgograd except its huge historical importance but spending time there should be cool as it's situated in southern part of the country and has a huge river just beside the stadium.

If you finally decide to go, message me. We'll definitely meet there.
    In nearest future I'll also try to make a short guide about 3 cities where England will play in group stage + Moscow. Just need to get free from huge amount of work.
    And now everybody who's going to travel is free to ask any questions.

LemonadeMoney and milo like this.
  15. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Roman Pavlyuchenko

Sterling being hounded today, calls for him to step down from the England Squad laughable

16. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Paul Robinson

Genuinely could see any of those sides putting us out.

Best possible thing to do is keep it simple. Play compact in defence and then strike on the break. All the players can work with that, and it is effective.

17. galeforce

galeforce Terry Dyson

What’s he supposed to have done?

18. milo

I was just pointing out that the draw has been very kind. I agree entirely that England are more than capable of screwing it up.

19. milo

Got a brick tattoo

20. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Roman Pavlyuchenko

That literally all it is, a brick tattoo, the blokes nuts but been looking at some of the stuff he does for youth and charity and he does alot, never gets mentioned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.