• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group B (Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran)

We should have gone in for Ziyech back before he joined Ajax. Instead we went for Janssen. Oh well...

Iran have actually had the better chances to score. Quite impressed with them. Spain have looked a little average.

Shame Iran didn't turn up offensively until they went a goal down. They could've caused Spain all kinds of trouble had they been a bit more adventurous earlier. Understand why, of course, but in hindsight they might regret it.

Despite my Spain draw and zany avatar I don't like Spain. Technically they could be the best team at the WC. Isco has developed into a silky player. They move the ball so well, but they don't have much fire. Tippy tappy without some power is a bit boring. Costa could help with that. Maybe they will get better as they go on.

I didn’t see enough of the first half to have much of an opinion on Iran - what I did see seemed a bit dull. But they put in a shift in the second half, could have taken the lead (I thought the ball hit the back of the net but it was the side netting), had a couple of very good chances (one disallowed) and did a good job of stymying Spain.
And Costa - had a bit of fortune with the ricochet of the ball for the goal but also showed his propensity for the dark arts. Even if he did not make full contact with the goalkeeper’s foot earlier, I am absolutely sure it was his intention to step on him.

This World Cup is turning out to be a nightmare for the media all the teams they hold up as better organised and technically better than England are all having the same problems against the "minnows". Maybe the penny will drop and they'll realise it aint as easy as they think to beat teams who are prepared to get everyone behind the ball and not just an English problem. It would probablly help if they knew anything about the sides outside their favourites in their assesments of games.

It will be a travesty if Portugal or Spain somehow go on to win the World Cup. Both are playing some horrible football now. The Ronaldo Team were very fortunate to beat Morocco. After Ronaldo scored the early goal, Morocco simply dominated the match and created many chances. If Morocco had a decent striker, they could have scored 2 or 3 goals. Portugal must be the most one-man team in the history of the World Cup as all their 4 goals so far have been scored by Ronaldo.

Similiarly, Spain were very fortunate to beat Iran. Iran played well and created many chances but failed to make them count. Iran could have easily scored 3 or 4 goals if they had a reliable striker. Instead, Spain scored a lucky goal through a deflection. It seems like Spain has gone back to being shyte after dominating the world football in the 2008-2012 period. Remember, Spain failed to progress to Second Round in 2014.

Back