• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Work Work Work Work Work

It wasn't something that couldn't have waited half an hour.

As far as I'm concerned my lunch hour is my time to do with as I please. I also use the hour to get things done that need to be done, like personal stuff for my mum, she's just been diagnosed with alzheimers so she is going to rely on me and my sister heavily as time goes by. That's the kind of thing they wouldn't want you to do during work time (the owner sent out a long email having a go at people doing personal stuff on their PC's during work time and he was tinkled off. And tbh, rightly so) so I use the hour for personal time.
You clearly have perfectly valid reasons to need that time. My advice is that blocking out a chunk of your day (rightfully or not) will mark you out to directors, etc as someone less flexible/useful than the rest.

You clearly have perfectly valid reasons to need that time. My advice is that blocking out a chunk of your day (rightfully or not) will mark you out to directors, etc as someone less flexible/useful than the rest.
F.ck being 'marked out' to directors, slippery slope to white collar slavery.

I’m with Jurgen on this, but patently aware of the harsh realities as served up by Scara.

My remedy? Take your lunch hour but don’t do it in the office. Removing yourself from visibility makes a big difference. And if ever asked where I was, rather than replying ‘out on lunch’, would say something like ‘had to pop out at lunch and grab a prescription’ (or similar). Still gets my hour me time, but neatly avoids the wrath of the ‘thou must work at all costs’ Directors.

Last edited:
Does anyone here work in IT sales by the way?

Not after a job, just interested as it’s an interesting dilemma..,,.One of the worst roles for all the brick we hate, but also one of the best paid! (no coincidence of course).

Back