• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Woolwich - last day drama

This is the Ian Wright article. Can't stand him most of the time (just find him incredibly annoying, even without his history/allegiance), but he speaks some sense in this.

"The way Chelsea and Arsenal fans are celebrating Spurs not winning the league signifies the change in Tottenham."

"Chelsea and Arsenal, two teams that are supposed to be in a different stratosphere, are now bricking it because Tottenham are coming."

"... when you know what the standards are, finishing second — and with a worse points tally than last season — is disappointing."

"We will see who is laughing at the end of next season."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...behaving-like-fans-of-Mickey-Mouse-clubs.html

THIS has to be the most incredible interview I have seen from Wenger. He is actually not even hiding mugging them off with this, err, 'achievement'...Ian Wright wrote something in The Sun today where he basically said the goon excitement is embarrassing and only shows that we are right there next to them. Seriously though, watch this. Unbelievable. And excellent!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...l-finish-above-rivals-tottenham-a3248906.html
Fair play to Wenger, he gets the rivalry, hates Spurs and will do anything to finish above us or do better than us. He then installs this into his teams.

I don't think we will finish above them until he leaves, this season has simply confirmed it. He has a hex over us. Oh well one or two more years and surely he will pi$$ off forever and then we might just finally topple the runts.

It's just in the modern Spurs DNA to bottle it against the Goons like this but getting past the rage on Sunday evening (and subsequent painful barbs from family and workmates), things are still progressing nicely. The steeliness and hunger of this squad has been so impressive. It definetly doesnt hurt like 06 and Mind the Gap. Granted next season will be a hell of a lot tighter when the Mancs and the Chavs inevitably get their act together but am still very hopeful.

Fair play to Wenger, he gets the rivalry, hates Spurs and will do anything to finish above us or do better than us. He then installs this into his teams.

I don't think we will finish above them until he leaves, this season has simply confirmed it. He has a hex over us. Oh well one or two more years and surely he will pi$$ off forever and then we might just finally topple the runts.

He only does it because it's a lifeline. It's nothing to do with hating us, it's appeases the vocal, diehard placard washing gooners. You know the macarons.

This is the Ian Wright article. Can't stand him most of the time (just find him incredibly annoying, even without his history/allegiance), but he speaks some sense in this.

"The way Chelsea and Arsenal fans are celebrating Spurs not winning the league signifies the change in Tottenham."

"Chelsea and Arsenal, two teams that are supposed to be in a different stratosphere, are now bricking it because Tottenham are coming."

"... when you know what the standards are, finishing second — and with a worse points tally than last season — is disappointing."

"We will see who is laughing at the end of next season."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...behaving-like-fans-of-Mickey-Mouse-clubs.html
100 times THIS! Which is why we shouldn't get that upset about our disappointing finish.

I think it shows him as a small man resting on laurels. He should be brushing it off! Instead he uses it as an 'achievement'...bigger wage bill, bigger stadium, more years in CL and us handing them second (they didn't 'achieve' it) is an 'achievement' worthy of that sort of reaction? He knows. Sent the small-timers home happy, he is off the hook for a bit. Small time for me. I hate them but soon, I believe in 3-4 years time, we will be firmly established ahead of them...as Ian Wright said, lets wait a year before saying anything. Trust me, if we had finished second I'd be saying exactly the same.

A billion pounds more spent on their squad, was it, over his tenure? I don't think a point is all that much to crow about, in the circumstances, especially having had to rely on our KIDS doing a fart in the final game. I tend to switch off when he starts speaking, anyway. Just sounds to me like somebody upstairs is using an industrial vacuum cleaner.

Context.

At the start of this year, Arsenal were top of the league and ended up coming second.

Tottenham were 4th and ended up 3rd.

And they are celebrating, while we are slitting our wrists?

etcXXgABAJEAAAAAAskC9g

Back