• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's world cup

The standard is very high. They are technically proficient players, playing attacking, one touch football. There are plenty of shots from distance. The reason there aren't high scores is because they are good and evenly matched.
It's good, but it's not PC brainwashed good.

Women's football is all about the rest of the world trying to stop the Americans winning ! When it comes to women's football, the Americans have been too good for the others, winning 3 out of 7 World Cups and 4 out of 6 Olympic golds. They have progressed to at least the semi finals of all the tournaments except for the 2016 Olympics when they lost to Sweden on penalties in the Quarter Finals.

Thought hosts France will beat the Americans in the Quarter finals but the Americans were too good. Germany have been the closest rivals to the Americans over the years, winning 2 World Cups and the 2016 Olympic gold but they played poorly and lost to Sweden in the Quarter finals. Just can't see England in the Semi final or Sweden/Netherlands in the final stopping the Americans winning the World Cup now.

Last edited:
Was actually trying to work out what the male equivalent standard is. I reckon League 1.

I'd have money on the England U-17 World Champions to beat the England girls team by at least a five to ten goal margin...League Two teams similar..League One, Championship teams and bottom half Premier teams would put a 10 -20 goal margin between and the girls, no problem ...The top Premier League teams would score every three minutes if that were the challenge..

Perhaps this is their level?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

I'd have money on the England U-17 World Champions to beat the England girls team by at least a five to ten goal margin...League Two teams similar..League One, Championship teams and bottom half Premier teams would put a 10 -20 goal margin between and the girls, no problem ...The top Premier League teams would score every three minutes if that were the challenge..

Perhaps this is their level?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

I'll say it again - if you put a light weight boxer up against a heavy weight boxer, you'll know who's going to win. It's the same if you try to directly compare men and women's football.
Try to look at women's football as a weight class. You simply can't expect women to be faster or stronger than men, just as you can't expect a 70 kilo boxer to beat a 120 kilo boxer, yet fans of boxing will appreciate both the light weight and the heavy weight boxer. Why can't we as football fans at least try to appreciate women's football?

I'll say it again - if you put a light weight boxer up against a heavy weight boxer, you'll know who's going to win. It's the same if you try to directly compare men and women's football.
Try to look at women's football as a weight class. You simply can't expect women to be faster or stronger than men, just as you can't expect a 70 kilo boxer to beat a 120 kilo boxer, yet fans of boxing will appreciate both the light weight and the heavy weight boxer. Why can't we as football fans at least try to appreciate women's football?

Yes I agree with all of that. Appreciate women's football for what it is, women's football...

I have taken in a number of the World Cup games and enjoyed some of them ....

@Fernandez, posted ...Was actually trying to work out what the male equivalent standard is. I reckon League 1.

I gave my thoughts...

Why are people trying to cheat themselves ? People are watching women's football to look at women, not watch football ! So who cares how these women play football !:D

I was referring purely to technical ability. The physical advantage men have would mean any women's team would get battered. Serena Williams for destroyed by some low ranked man and I'm sure one of the women's football teams got beaten by boys the other day.

Anyone that says women could hold their own in sports that demand physicality is silly, but technically some of the teams in the world cup have been very good. A highlight was the Japanese team.

So what about a female heavyweight boxer against a male lightweight?

So what about a female heavyweight boxer against a male lightweight?

That would be an interesting test hypothetically. You have two factors to consider: the extra weight that would give some advantage to the woman and the testosterone of the male which gives an advantage in muscle power to the man. At some point the extra weight would tilt the advantage to the woman but its impossible to say when.

Lightweight in men's boxing is 135 lb (61 kg) and heavyweight is above 200 lb (91 kg). That's a big weight difference. This is a bit like the internet lion versus bear debates.

Why are people trying to cheat themselves ? People are watching women's football to look at women, not watch football ! So who cares how these women play football !:D

All true ...There's plenty fantasising a night with, Rapinoe strapping up and sharing anti Trump dirty talk..:cool:

Last edited:
Back