• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Will we win a trophy this season?

A slow start to the season with WC returnees, but a strong finish with those players plus the squad additions will see us win CL.

A slow start to the season with WC returnees, but a strong finish with those players plus the squad additions will see us win CL.

Not the CL - but with the inevitable slow start/hopeful strong finish, our form coumd coincide well with the FA Cup run. So I can see us having a proper go at that trophy this season. League cup too, if we scramble through the early rounds.

It could be a struggle to make top four though, if our start is too slow.

We've got close in the last 3 seasons but seem to fall at the final/2nd to last hurdle.

Personally I think we need some more experienced players. Modric would be an unbelievable coup even at 33 as he's a proven winner. We've got plenty of young, up and coming talents. We just need some more streetwise winners who know how to get results when the going gets tough.

Poch to me is prioritising top 4 over trophies which I'm not necessarily criticising but it's frustrating when we get to semi finals and don't play a full strength side.

The League Cup is arguably the most winnable trophy as it's the fewest games.

Come on mate, very very unfair! We all know that of all the seasons NOT to drop out of the top 4, last season was the one. For so many reasons, top 4 was the priority over Mickey Mouse or FA Cups.

I agree, I would love an experienced ledge...there again, we will have 9 players who just played at World Cup semi-finals (7 if Toby and Moose leave) with our skipper having won the World Cup. After being in a losing Euro Champ Final side. Now that is experience!

Personally, I would throw most of my eggs into the CL. it is a winnable competition for us at the level we are and the players we have, and it is not quite as financially doped as the Prem is becoming, where Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Goons and Chelski can all throw 100s of millions at their "problems"...there is still a shot at getting to at least the CL semi-finals without meeting a mega-rich country club in the knock-outs...I think with the right squad, we can take the CL.

Personally, I would throw most of my eggs into the CL. it is a winnable competition for us at the level we are and the players we have, and it is not quite as financially doped as the Prem is becoming, where Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Goons and Chelski can all throw 100s of millions at their "problems"...there is still a shot at getting to at least the CL semi-finals without meeting a mega-rich country club in the knock-outs...I think with the right squad, we can take the CL.

...the only problem being that City, United and Liverpool will be in the CL to, as will Real.

The only cups we have a hope of winning imo are the FA and the League, as they are ones the big boys won’t take entirely seriously. If we throw everything at those two competitions we will have a chance.

...the only problem being that City, United and Liverpool will be in the CL to, as will Real.

The only cups we have a hope of winning imo are the FA and the League, as they are ones the big boys won’t take entirely seriously. If we throw everything at those two competitions we will have a chance.

Well thankfully Poch's ambitions reach higher than that. We shouldn't prioritise something just because the 'big' clubs don't. Doesn't that make us sound a bit smalltime?
I would love us to win a domestic trophy but not at the expense of securing CL for the following year. It's going to be a tough season anyway but throwing everything at the domestic trophies will see our league form suffer for sure.
Based on the last two seasons there's no reason why we can't be competing closely for the PL (well, I guess Emirates Marketing Project is one reason) and with a kind draw in the groups we have as good a chance as anyone of winning the CL.
We're looking to attract high calibre players. Focusing on the domestic cups is not going to help with that unfortunately.

To be honest we should not focus to much on anything, we should take EACH game as it comes and then move onto the next one. All this " putting eggs in one basket" usually leads to disappointment.

If we play as well as we can and get a bit of luck, we can win something. Looking forward to another season of Poch, Harry and the boys! And our new stadium!

Our squad needed freshening up before the World Cup, even more so now as players would have had a World Cup plus missing a full Poch pre season. So I dont think we can make any real predictions until we see our transfer business (stating the obvious I know). But as things stand I dont see how we can improve, right now Id simply take top 4 tbh, especially as teams dont tend to have a great start to playing in new stadium.....

Back