• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fee is similar to what Everton paid for Lukaku. I think that Bony is better than Lukaku but others may disagree.

I think most players are better than Lukaku - someone that really flatters to deceive.

Awful first touch and complete lack of awareness.

I think Bony is better right now.

Lukaku has all the tools though, with the right guidance and confidence he could be unplayable.

I think most players are better than Lukaku - someone that really flatters to deceive.

Awful first touch and complete lack of awareness.
You do say some strange things sometimes.... Yes Everton paid Chelsea more than Lukaku was worth, but it's ridiculous to try to claim that he isn't a good player. He has scored 38 goals in 87 PL appearances for West Brom and Everton over two and a half seasons. That is a goal every 2.2 games. He is also still only 21 years old.

You do say some strange things sometimes.... Yes Everton paid Chelsea more than Lukaku was worth, but it's ridiculous to try to claim that he isn't a good player. He has scored 38 goals in 87 PL appearances for West Brom and Everton over two and a half seasons. That is a goal every 2.2 games. He is also still only 21 years old.

I think that's where much of the price came from - he's currently not worth that much but, like Lamela, is on a trajectory to be worth far more in the future.

It's partly speculation, where Everton missed out is that when you speculate, you need someone to help fill in now. They could really have done with Drogba for a season or two - someone to learn from and to swap in when he's not performing.

I think that's where much of the price came from - he's currently not worth that much but, like Lamela, is on a trajectory to be worth far more in the future.

It's partly speculation, where Everton missed out is that when you speculate, you need someone to help fill in now. They could really have done with Drogba for a season or two - someone to learn from and to swap in when he's not performing.

Isn't that why they signed Eto'o?

Lukaku has massive amounts of ability, the fact is he disappears for long periods of time in games (completely invisible).

Mourinho has obviously seen something wrong with his mentality/application despite Cheal53a needing striker options.

I think Lukaku will be a decent player for a mid tier club (where just playing 10 minutes a game and scoring a goal is enough), at higher levels where the striker has to be part of the system, expected to work the full 90 minutes, he's not going to get a lot of traction.

I would agree on that, for a top CF his first touch is awful and he can not trap a bag of cement usally.

I watched a bit of Everton's last two games and he's basically a rich man's Townsend. All he did was run a long distance with the ball before losing it or shooting wide. His wide is a lot closer than Townsend's wide though.

Lukaku had the Emirates Marketing Project defence on toast on Saturday, I think its all about when he fancies it.

I watched him against West Ham and for large periods West Ham battered Everton and he was a lone raider, was shooting from all angles and looked terrible, first real chance in the box and he was deadly.

Lukaku is one of those who was a beast as a youngster because he was so much bigger and physically stronger than the others. He's now up against bigger and better players and he's been found out.

If we can all see he's garbage with his back to goal, has a poor first touch and has a lack of awareness, professional footballers and especially managers are going to know this.

He's still capable on his day of terrorising a defence. Of course he is, but so is Adebayor.

Looking back at previous jan windows very rarely has Levy had a buying spree but who knows, only when 'arry came in did we go and buy Defoe for 15 mill, Palacios for 15 mill and Keane for ?.. I think the last decent jan buy we made was VDV for 7.5 which was at the time a master stoke.

I think out of all the strikers out there within our range Ings presents the best value but i doubt we'll get him in this window therefore our best oppertunity for jan i think lies with either swapping Soldado our 'no 2 striker' for someone like Bacca that has been reported or trying to get Jovetic from City or possibly on loan to a view to a permeant transfer using the 100k that Ade is currently on for his wages.

I'd happily take Bacca for Soldado this guy is tip top - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Arsenal-Paulinho-Carlos-Bacca-Juventus-Latest

I would say his age contributed to the fee, obviously, but in terms of longevity rather than trajectory. Lukaku that is, not Lamela.

Ivory Coast Football Federation: Wilfried Bony signs for Emirates Marketing Project.

Good luck to him. Just a shame we can't go for Dzeko.

It appears that the Ivory Coast FF jumped the gun...

@SwansOfficial: Wilfried Bony has NOT yet completed his move to @MCFC. Once completed, we will confirm via official channels - not the Ivory Coast FA! #busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back