• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about the going rate for a half decent striker now. I think that is the same as Everton paid for Lukaku.

Agreed. For a PL proven striker that isn't old and doesn't have contract issues it's really what has to be expected these days.

Aguero and Dzeko back in training. They are justifying buying him because they are selling the beast. Do they really need 4 forwards when they only play 1?

If we signed Aguero tomorrow, would you;

A) Play him with Kane
B) Play him instead of Kane
C) Leave him on the bench

But we're not City - we'll never sign world class players at their peak.

Our path to success is by developing young players. We don't want to sign mid-level senior players who will block their paths

But we're not City - we'll never sign world class players at their peak.

Our path to success is by developing young players. We don't want to sign mid-level senior players who will block their paths

Given that our other strikers cannot buy a goal this season, I think that we could accommodate a second one who can

for £30m?

Our current second choice striker did not cost a lot less than that. This is all academic though because it looks like we are more interested in Ings and Berahino both of which I would expect to be a lot less.

Our current second choice striker did not cost a lot less than that. This is all academic though because it looks like we are more interested in Ings and Berahino both of which I would expect to be a lot less.

Surely thats why we shouldnt be wasting £30m again? on a backup striker.

I'd take ings or berahino over bony. and i ****iing love bony

Surely thats why we shouldnt be wasting £30m again? on a backup striker.

I'd take ings or berahino over bony. and i ****iing love bony

I suppose that depends on whether Poch sees Kane's future as a #9 or #10

We should be focusing more on the quality of the striker then the price tag, I know we can not afford massive fees unless we have sold someone to Madrid. But I get the impression with Soldado we were happy to buy him because he had a big price tag. I would rather we scouted a player that fits Poch's style and work on from there. Who that player is and where he is in the world is of no real concern to me. I would just like to see a more grown approach taken to transfers and I hope that is what Mitchell will bring us.

We should be focusing more on the quality of the striker then the price tag, I know we can not afford massive fees unless we have sold someone to Madrid. But I get the impression with Soldado we were happy to buy him because he had a big price tag. I would rather we scouted a player that fits Poch's style and work on from there. Who that player is and where he is in the world is of no real concern to me. I would just like to see a more grown approach taken to transfers and I hope that is what Mitchell will bring us.

I agree. I am not arguing that we should spend £30m for a striker, just that Bony has gone for around the going rate for a striker of his ilk.

I agree. I am not arguing that we should spend £30m for a striker, just that Bony has gone for around the going rate for a striker of his ilk.

I'd be very surprised if City have bought a player and the selling club didn't put a "Emirates Marketing Project tax" in there somewhere.

I'd be very surprised if City have bought a player and the selling club didn't put a "Emirates Marketing Project tax" in there somewhere.
The fee is similar to what Everton paid for Lukaku. I think that Bony is better than Lukaku but others may disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back